Help on Upgrade?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

The Duck

Original poster
Aug 14, 2004
British Columbia Canada
:hungry: Hi Folks,
Since I began fooling around with TRUE FTA, I realize, I didn’t appreciate it fully. My system contains:

Coolsat 4000 Pro
Invacom QPH-031
SG-2100 Polar Mount Motor
39” Dish

I’m having lots of fun with my system, but, this brings me to the question, would another receiver give me better control then the coolsat 4000? Is there a big difference between the 4000 & the 5000 & 6000 Coolsat? Or is there another receiver that I should look at given that I have talk my wife into given me a few hundred dollars for my hobby. Your thoughts would be appreciated on this matter.

The Duck

The only difference between the 6000 & the 5000 is the cover of the box. There really isnt much difference. The joke was "the 6000 is a set of 5000 guts inside of a 4000 box"

The 5000 has AC-3 output for the PBS stations on AMC3. The 4000 there is a workaround.

Thanks Iceberg.
:)
Maybe I should be content and just enjoy what I have, except that I have bouts of Techno Lust :rolleyes: that force me to spend. God my wife is right I'm hopeless'':p

The Duck

Iceberg said:
The only difference between the 6000 & the 5000 is the cover of the box. There really isnt much difference. The joke was "the 6000 is a set of 5000 guts inside of a 4000 box"

The 5000 has AC-3 output for the PBS stations on AMC3. The 4000 there is a workaround.

Dont forget the 6000 has 32MB of SDRAM versus the what 16MB the 5000 has.

so it really deson't do anything that my 5000 does then? Does the extra memory make it scan faster?

I couldnt give you an honest answer because I dont own either. Since I've purchased the Dreambox I haven't even looked at purchasing another STB. Maybe ask Shawn95GT he just did a review on the 6000.

Tony, I would think (hope) that the extra memory might delay the inevitable of what happens when we acquire to many TP's. You know how they act up when this happens. My guess?

Al

good point. I havent had issues with my 5000 and TP overload.

Now my Fortec Ultra...well, thats a different story :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)