Please reply by conversation.

ItaliaVP

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
Help Needed: Italian FTA Networks

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to receive feeds from the HotBird 8 Satellite (checked here: Free TV from Italy - LyngSat ), which carries most of the Italian Networks. I live in the NYC area. If I cant link up with that satellite, is there any way I can receive the HotBird 8 feeds via any other satellite. I am currently a E* subscriber, so I have the Italian channels with them, but I am looking for more direct feeds of the regular networks from Italy as well.

Thanks

Vin

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to receive feeds from the HotBird 8 Satellite (checked lyngsat), which carries most of the Italian Networks. I live in the NYC area. If I cant link up with that satellite, is there any way I can receive the HotBird 8 feeds via any other satellite. I am currently a E* subscriber, so I have the Italian channels with them, but I am looking for more direct feeds of the regular networks from Italy as well.

Thanks

Vin

Not possible to receive the Hotbirds since they are on the other side of the earth and below the horizon for us. There are, however, a few Italian channels at 43w, you should be able to receive this Atlantic satellite easily from the east coast.

Vin

The channels on 43W are available to NA. You will need a stationary (or motorized - recommended) 30"+ satellite antenna, Standard (or Universal) linear LNBF, and a DVB receiver.

The Vatican's Telepace station offers old movies in the early evening hours on Galaxy 25 @ 97W. See Lyngsat website for information on Galaxy 25 and Intelsat 3R w/ links to Telepace, Napoli Mia, Roma uno, Italiani nel mondo and the other stations.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)