History CHannel

No_Brains

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Princeton, WV
i was just wondering i tried doing a search on the History Channel web site and i come back with no results but is ICE Road Truckers coming back to History Channel anytime soon because i really like that show

And I thought I was the only wierdo that was fascinated by that show. Glad to hear it's coming back, this season I can see it in HD for the first time.

I couldn't stand it through the first few episodes, but really got to like it. I'm also looking forward to the return! :)

Mark

Funny, it was the other way around for me. I loved the original special on History (I think it was a one or two hour program) the popularity of which apparently gave birth to IRT-1. The beginning or the series was fun but after a while (for me) it turned into a reality/soap opera, although I also liked the episode at the end that showed old footage of the original truckers and the one that featured different ice roads.

When I mentioned the show to one of my colleagues he pointed out that ice roads are all over the world (which seems, of course, obvious) and that there is a famous book written by Harrison Salisbury about how ice roads in Russia played into WWII (I think it was WWII he was referring to).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts