Hopper Plus / Joey 4 users check in here!

Just had the Hopper 3, Dish Plus and a wired Joey 4 installed yesterday. So far, everything working fine here in Silicon Valley. Big storm headed our way over the weekend - so I guess that will be "the acid test", as the old expression goes.

Raybo:)
You might see a very brief rain fade only during the heaviest of rain. The Plus will improve over time. It had a very rough start. Welcome to Dish!

Reactions: charlesrshell
HipKat I clicked on the Download ATV Files and got a popup. What do I need to do next? Should I connect my Hopper Plus? This is my backup H3. No problem if I screw things up.
I've seen techs complain about this happening. I'd say get a tech, backup your recordings and let them replace it with a fully updated Hopper 3

I think it is strange how many Hopper 3 receivers need to be replaced after upgrading to the Hopper + and Joey 4 or wireless Joey 4. In the cases mentioned so far, the Hopper3 equipment was working fine prior to the upgrade. I wonder if the new equipment causes premature failure of the Hopper 3. There seems to be a lot of problems with the new equipment.

Of course some have two Hopper3 receivers and this was never allowed according to Dish. I have two Hopper3 and a Joey3 that work well with no problems. I definitely will not upgrade to all the problems that are associated with the Hopper+ or Joey 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it is strange how many Hopper 3 receivers need to be replaced after upgrading to the Hopper + and Joey 4 or wireless Joey 4. In the cases mentioned so far, the Hopper3 equipment was working fine prior to the upgrade. I wonder if the new equipment causes premature failure of the Hopper 3. There seems to be a lot of problems with the new equipment.

Of course some have two Hopper3 receivers and this was never allowed according to Dish. I have two Hopper3 and a Joey3 that work well with no problems. I definitely will not upgrade to all the problems that are associated with the Hopper+ or Joey 4.

I Had one failed during the upgrade installation and another shortly after. Before those years of flawless service! I do think the software/firmware is the cause.

dweber can you read my post #122 and let me know your results? Thanks

Reactions: BarnRat
Remember I don’t own a Joey 4.
When I link my Joey3 to the Family Room Hopper3 and turn on the Joey3 I have the following on my Family Room Hopper3 TV Activity:
Watch Live - 1 of 16 tuners in use 0 of 2 OTA tuners in use
Tuner 1 Available
Tuner 2 Watching Master Bedroom
Watching Family Room

Remember I don’t own a Joey 4.
When I link my Joey3 to the Family Room Hopper3 and turn on the Joey3 I have the following on my Family Room Hopper3 TV Activity:
Watch Live - 1 of 16 tuners in use 0 of 2 OTA tuners in use
Tuner 1 Available
Tuner 2 Watching Master Bedroom
Watching Family Room

Thanks. I get that too. Other members said you see the Joey listed. I guess they met you see what's in your pic. I had a brain fart! LOL. Thanks again

In most cases, they do not need to be replaced. I think the fact that he has two of them is why Charles is having so many issues. That configuration was probably never entered into calculating how this would all work together. But it’s not the hopper three that is the problem, it’s the plus. Removing the plus removes the problems

In most cases, they do not need to be replaced. I think the fact that he has two of them is why Charles is having so many issues. That configuration was probably never entered into calculating how this would all work together. But it’s not the hopper three that is the problem, it’s the plus. Removing the plus removes the problems
I have DISH technician coming 15 Dec. Going to have him install my Plus on my spare Hopper 3.

Is there a way to put my Hopper 3 and Joey 4 into a low power state when I am on vacation? I notice the Hopper 3 gets quite warm even when not in use. I have gone into Screensaver Setting and set it to 15 minutes, which seems to be the only power conservation mode. I do want to access Dish Anywhere on my Laptop, so unplugging the units is not a likely option.

Raybo

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
Is there a way to put my Hopper 3 and Joey 4 into a low power state when I am on vacation? I notice the Hopper 3 gets quite warm even when not in use. I have gone into Screensaver Setting and set it to 15 minutes, which seems to be the only power conservation mode. I do want to access Dish Anywhere on my Laptop, so unplugging the units is not a likely option.

Raybo
In power settings set inactivity to turn off is all that can be done. I do not think it really matters and still uses the same.

In power settings set inactivity to turn off is all that can be done. I do not think it really matters and still uses the same.

I was getting curious and found the above which seems low at only 25 watts