Hopper Plus / Joey 4 users check in here!

Can we all agree that they J4 is getting worse - not better? And since that is the case why cant Dish fix the problems or just issue us older Joey 3 or 4K Joeys until this gets fixed?

Reactions: charlesrshell
This morning starting up my DISH equipement one of my new WJs fired up with the black screen with sound. Nothing worked with the remote. Did a pull the cord reboot got her woring again. This is really sad.
HipKat can you or anyone else help me? One of my replaced WJ4s does not wake up in the mornings. Get black screen & sound and no remote control buttons work. Pull the cord reboot gets her working. Swapped this WJ4 with my other new WJ4 that works great. Next morning at the same TV location would not start up, sane black screen with sound. Tried plugging the HDMI cable into another port with no results. Tried out another HDMI cable, same results. Only happens in the morning when the Joey is fired up. Works great the rest of the day. So this is telling me it is a TV issue. This is a three year old Vizio. Is there any settings I can change in the WJ4 or TV to get it to start up in the mornings when turned on? Thanks

HipKat can you or anyone else help me? One of my replaced WJ4s does not wake up in the mornings. Get black screen & sound and no remote control buttons work. Pull the cord reboot gets her working. Swapped this WJ4 with my other new WJ4 that works great. Next morning at the same TV location would not start up, sane black screen with sound. Tried plugging the HDMI cable into another port with no results. Tried out another HDMI cable, same results. Only happens in the morning when the Joey is fired up. Works great the rest of the day. So this is telling me it is a TV issue. This is a three year old Vizio. Is there any settings I can change in the WJ4 or TV to get it to start up in the mornings when turned on? Thanks
So it's the location that's the issue. How far from the WAP is it?? What does the signal strength show on that Joey??

Yeah but I still think it's something impeding the signal. Another WiFi 5G device maybe
OK thanks HipKat. I'll separate the WAP distance from the router some & look around for signal interference. It's weird it only happens on the first startup of the day. Rest of the day she fires up every time.

Same this is happening to me. What Brand of TV is it happening on? Mine is a new Samsung. I’ve tried switching J4, but still it happens with that TV. No way to solve the problem as far as I know.

Same this is happening to me. What Brand of TV is it happening on? Mine is a new Samsung. I’ve tried switching J4, but still it happens with that TV. No way to solve the problem as far as I know.
This morning one of my J4s had to be rebooted. First time this has happened for this Joey. One of my WJ4s has to be rebooted every morning. Both Joeys are connected to Vizio TVs. My other J4 is attached to a LG TV and my other WJ4 is connected to a Samsung TV. These two Joeys are running great, no morning reboots required. Very strange

• Sad
Reactions: BarnRat and HipKat
I'm trying to use harmony remote which has always worked with hopper3, but using hopper3 and hopper plus the the pause button does not work. also used another universal remote with the same no pause
You are not alone. There is another thread about this with no fix in sight. Both Dish and Logitech have been informed by many people. I even tried the learning feature. The IR blaster doesn't work for the Sat mode on the new remotes.

The holidays were quite busy for me. The Dish Plus never let me down watching all the xmas movies. On the H330 only some minor problems like fast forwarding and still resets to default every night. No crashing or black screens.

You are not alone. There is another thread about this with no fix in sight. Both Dish and Logitech have been informed by many people. I even tried the learning feature. The IR blaster doesn't work for the Sat mode on the new remotes.
When I upgraded from 722ks to HWSs long time ago my universal remotes wouldn't learn anything too. Worked great with my 722ks. Had to send them off to the manufactor for upgrading the the fimware (I think). They worked great after the upgrade.

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
Yes, my Harmony Elite was mostly disabled with the addition of the Plus, so I just went to using the DISH remote for most activities now that I don't need to change the input. Maybe a third of the commands worked. Spent quite a bit of time with Harmony support with no luck. It was escalated, but there didn't seem to be any urgency to fix it. I'm done with the Logitech remote any way- just continues to get harder to solve issues now that they don't sell them any more. I just leave my AVR on all the time as the DISH remote wasn't turning that on/off, just handling the volume. No big deal as it never heats up in the cabinet. I use an IR repeater in the cabinet to handle the volume change now that I don't use the Harmony.

I should also post this under Plus problems but I use the new 54 for most except fast forward I use the 40 to fix the fast forward straight to live tv. BUT I need to use the 54 to pause its a juggler for sure but the only way I watch TV is recorded.

Got the Hopper plus today. Noticed the following issues so far:
1. Lost PIP and multiscreen. Use to be able to flip between two channels (tuners) by using the input button. No longer works.
2. Forces my Samsung QD OLED TV into 4k HDR mode. No way to change it. Image and color are a mess now.
3. SD channels, like TVland, show up stretched out.
4. No display settings in Dish and ATV setup menus

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
Got the Hopper plus today. Noticed the following issues so far:
1. Lost PIP and multiscreen. Use to be able to flip between two channels (tuners) by using the input button. No longer works.
2. Forces my Samsung QD OLED TV into 4k HDR mode. No way to change it. Image and color are a mess now.
3. SD channels, like TVland, show up stretched out.
4. No display settings in Dish and ATV setup menus
Same here I watch a lot of old TV like TCM and TVland. Fast forward my skip to live and TV volume jumps