Hopper with Sling Upgraded to S512

Scott, from your earlier comment, I guess that you have the S512 firmware. What changes have you noticed on the update?

For the "air next" issue, does it offer you the option to watch any other episodes in that folder before you even delete? I think that feature is better than what you want it to do. Far less steps now.

For the "air next" issue, does it offer you the option to watch any other episodes in that folder before you even delete? I think that feature is better than what you want it to do. Far less steps now.

I don't know if this was in response to my post, but no it doesn't offer any other episodes in the folder.

Dan

Anyone out there have two Hoppers and two OTA's? I'd like to know if the timer integration feature works with OTA.

Anyone out there have two Hoppers and two OTA's? I'd like to know if the timer integration feature works with OTA.
I have four HWSs and all have OTA. Just ran an OTA timer integration test and it did not work. The new timer went into the conflict mode to resolve. Also tested the integration feature with the satellite channels and it works. The conflict window #1332 that pops open does not allow selecting which Hopper to create the conflict timer.

Attachments

• Hopper Software Version S512 Info-2.jpg
    Hopper Software Version S512 Info-2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 222
I have four HWSs and all have OTA. Just ran an OTA timer integration test and it did not work. The new timer went into the conflict mode to resolve. Also tested the integration feature with the satellite channels and it works. The conflict window #1332 that pops open does not allow selecting which Hopper to create the conflict timer.

What a shame. I would have gotten another OTA.

You can't move recordings created from the remote timer to USB. It lets you go through the procees. But eventually returns an error.

Like the redone Halt Playback screen -- puts up the usual Delete, DVR, and Live buttons but also adds the other episodes in the same folder that are then selectable for so-called "binge" viewing. Unfortunately this appears to be broken for manual timers, both SAT and OTA, the Delete button is missing from the Halt Playback screen and the DVR icon continues to have the recording red dot (the Stop popup command doesn't work). Reboot appears to fix the stuck record status but active PTAT recording has kept me from doing one two nights in a row now.

The TV Activity screen (Red Button) has a small border on all sides that shows live TV -- kind of distracting. Don't remember this on 506.

They by no means list everything they fix.

I've found that what it reports in DA can be lagged. I've had a newer version while DA still showed the previous version. Eventually it catches up...

Suspect that has to do with the actual receiver call outs. If constant connected, it will do a call out, minimum, once a month. It happens more frequently then that, but that's the minimum to a constant connect system.

I was just annoyed with various things with the hopper but now I'm really ticked. I couldn't record a program because of the stupid tuner integration. I knew when it was mentioned as coming they'd shove down our throats whether we wanted it or not no regard for those of us who liked the fact they were separate.

Dan.

Never going to make everyone happy. I appreciate separate receivers between me and my roommate, but I hve found the integration at the level it is, pleasureable. I don't want it to automatically take over the other side, I do appreciate that it asks if I want it to work. Try telling your family not to use it if it is a hassle in your household.

"I couldn't record a program because of the stupid tuner integration. "

Huh? Why not? It would seem integration would offer MORE options, not fewer.

Right I'm going to tell my wife to stop recording stuff she's had no problems recording before the integration but now it has to steal tuners from my hopper.

Before it moves to the other hopper, it asks you if you want to move it. If you prefer not to move it, then tell your wife to treat it the same as before the update and select no. It does not automatically move it over. If this is to difficult a conversation to have with the eife(and I understand happy wife happy life), then it is just time to bite that bullet. My dad has not watched a dvr program once in his life, because my mother likes to use the feature. Me and my roommate share two hoppers and two joeys for all the rooms in our house, and we set standards with one another. She knows not to use it if it will affect something else of mine(never going to happen), and if something gets deleted, we both just go to DA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts