How do I set a timer for BBC NEWS channel (streaming only channel)

Dish Fan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2019
Phoenix
Hello,

I was wondering how I can set a timer for the BBC NEWS channel on my Hopper Duo. Everything goes fine in the process of creating a timer until the part where I have to choose the channel number. BBC NEWS is on channel 281, but this channel number does not appear on the list. I can watch the channel, as I understand it's streaming only, but I cannot set a timer for that specific channel. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance

And this is unfortunate considering that vMVPD's can have full DVR funtionality for "Streaming" channels, as well as delayed LIVE viewing. Even Tablo TV allows for recording internet streaming FAST channels, and both types of services allow for skipping commericials upon play back of recording.

This inability to record steraming channels on Dish H3 has been a long-time peeve of mine. Dish has to figure out how to make recording of streaming channels possible, but it is probably a FINANCIAL matter to make it happen (the streaming channel probably wants Dish and others to pay more to allow such a feature). However eithre the satellites die first and Dish MUST make trick play and recording possible for its streaming channels or Dish, as a company dies first. FWIW, I do NOT want to see Dish go out of business, but Direct TV is not doing much better either.

Charlie Ergen has always held out the possibility that he may "Go do the road" at some point, and it seems that the only thing that can save Dish and Direct is a merger that most likely won't include Mr. Ergen.

We have to see how this all turns out becasue when China, upon its invasion of Tawain comeing sooner thatn later, clogs up our internet and takes over our electrical grid and water and sewage and other pipe lines and wireless phones that are internet dependant for use and just cause cahos for us, Satellite TV, along with OTA, just may be the ONLY way to watch any TV.

Reactions: charlesrshell