How long does it take Dish to pickup a new MUST CARRY

though the only show currently " converted" is Charlie's Angels
Interesting.... Just read that the Charlie's Angels episodes from the 70s were in fact converted to high-definition (though still in 4:3 unless they chopped the tops and bottoms off).

An update, it is now on Dish Network in the New York DMA.

ME-TV 3 New Jersey/New York WJLP Middletown, NJ

Cozi, METV, Ante, Move,Getv et. al. have older and to me better programming. Dish really needs to carry them and or have accurate guides for the OTA sub-channels to be in the game. This is where Telcos, Cable, DirecTV and Tivo have an edge over Dish.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Cozi, METV, Ante, Move,Getv et. al. have older and to me better programming. Dish really needs to carry them and or have accurate guides for the OTA sub-channels to be in the game.
Have three of of the above here in Indy (OTA) guide. Two are ot here at all (Move, GETV) Don't know why some markets get left in the cold, in terms of guides.

Reactions: foghorn2
Cozi, METV, Ante, Move,Getv et. al. have older and to me better programming. Dish really needs to carry them and or have accurate guides for the OTA sub-channels to be in the game. This is where Telcos, Cable, DirecTV and Tivo have an edge over Dish.
We have accurate guide data for our MeTV channel. It's even on a subchannel Dish doesn't carry.

We have accurate guide data for our MeTV channel. It's even on a subchannel Dish doesn't carry.
We do too in Beaumont/Pt.Arthur ,Tx dma ,but I had to stay on the( dishquality@echostar.com) guys to get them to add the correct guide data. It took many months because of our local ABC network deciding to shift it to the main antenna that their ABC/NBC station was on, along with Cozi tv too. The only channels we don't get guide data for are our Mytx and Telemundo stations that are on a low powered status and I can't even pick it up because of low signal.

If the sub-channel(s) existed at least 1-1/2 to 2 years ago and the stations didn't change back-end PSIP data, the sub-channel guide data should remain okay. Even changing networks (from MeTV to MyTV or whatever) won't break anything. My local CBS switched from their primarily weather sub-channel to MeTV on Dec 1 and when I checked the guide between 10am and noon that day, it was all correct.

We do too in Beaumont/Pt.Arthur ,Tx dma ,but I had to stay on the( dishquality@echostar.com) guys to get them to add the correct guide data. It took many months because of our local ABC network deciding to shift it to the main antenna that their ABC/NBC station was on, along with Cozi tv too.
How long ago was that ?

If the sub-channel(s) existed at least 1-1/2 to 2 years ago and the stations didn't change back-end PSIP data, the sub-channel guide data should remain okay. Even changing networks (from MeTV to MyTV or whatever) won't break anything. My local CBS switched from their primarily weather sub-channel to MeTV on Dec 1 and when I checked the guide between 10am and noon that day, it was all correct.

How long ago was that ?
Last year when we finally got it all up with guide data for Metv and Cozi tv. But that was only after the local station moved Metv and Cozi tv sub channels to be broadcast on the same tower as their main ABC /NBC station. Once that was done DISH got the right guide data for those two as well.

Reason I asked was that at some point, Dish made a policy change and stopped fixing sub-channel (unless they carry that sub-channel) guide data. I wonder if you got in before then....

It was actually a lot longer ago than I thought:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thr...t-or-displaying-digital-service.246013/page-5
As of Dec 2011, if not earlier, Dish officially stopped fixing the data.

They might of listened to me because I had an established email relationship with someone in the upper locals department. Kip Wilcoxson and I had worked together to tweak a few locals in Little Rock , Houston, and Beaumont years ago and he still answers my emails or gives them to someone in the appropriate department who can fix them . Kip no longer works directly over the locals . I just checked my DISH folder for mail and it was May 29th of this year ,the last time I had an issue with the local ota CBS station showing the wrong guide data for Tyler,Texas instead of Beaumont, Texas. It was a different person I worked with over that issue.

There were 4 subchannels here in Vegas that were mixed up due to a channel swap. Just yesterday 1 spanish channel was fixed, thats it, the other 3 completely wrong. So it can be fixed. Why they did not fix Ante or Cozi @ the same time is mind boggling. Jut fix it all and get it over with.

Reactions: Mr Tony
They might of listened to me because I had an established email relationship with someone in the upper locals department. Kip Wilcoxson and I had worked together to tweak a few locals in Little Rock , Houston, and Beaumont years ago and he still answers my emails or gives them to someone in the appropriate department who can fix them . Kip no longer works directly over the locals . I just checked my DISH folder for mail and it was May 29th of this year ,the last time I had an issue with the local ota CBS station showing the wrong guide data for Tyler,Texas instead of Beaumont, Texas. It was a different person I worked with over that issue.

You have a Dish folder for email? Is this actually for correspondence with Dish personnel or is it a general file you put you Dish bills and other Dish news in?

They might of listened to me because I had an established email relationship with someone in the upper locals department.
You should remove that person's name (as should Scherrman from where he quoted it). It took me (2) seconds to come up with that guy's email address....

Reactions: ChadT41
Oh well , too late to change it now. HE won't answer those emails anymore since he doesn't work in the locals department any longer.

Hopefully he does not get fired for being helpful to a customer. Fixing something that blatantly needs to be fixed appears not to be something Dish likes or wants to do.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Correct me if I'm wrong, but "must carry" applies to cable, not satellite. If satellite does have must-carry options, the channel in question isn't filing for it for satellite. They specifically mention Cablevision, Time Warner, and Comcast.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
You would be correct.
To be frank, I have no idea why there is so much worry over a channel that will show programming already available in the DMA.....Sheesh
Me Tv? Is that a joke?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)