How to get an additional $240 off as a new DirecTV customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No, not that I am aware. I didn't give a Verizon account number . Perhaps the Verizon discount won't hold. My account information doesn't note the AAA or Verizon discounts as other have mentioned. Not getting installed until next Friday. Perhaps I should call and try to verify account details. From reading others post, it doesn't sound like Verizon gives much verification of discounts prior to install.

If you can please keep the thread updated on what you find out about the Verizon discount, I'm sure anyone with verizon would appreciate getting another $10 off for 12 months.

I need some help.

My mom is interested in getting Directv. I would like to give her a referral code so we both can save $50 ($10 for 5 months). How would I get a referral code from Directv to give her when she orders?

I called Direct TV at least 15 times to confrim my AAA order. Each time I called I the CS rep was not able to fully confirm my order. One said I had it the other didn't see it etc. I finally spoke with a supervisor who was going to handle this and promised to call me back within the next few days............

I read the whole of this thread on how to get the best deal on new directv and managed to ask the CSR for all the deals available - the AAA, referal, coupon book, free HBO and cinemax x3 months, free showtime x12 months, etc. She did not give me the Verizon discount as she said I would have to go through the verizon site/ hotline for it and not the AAA one. However, I still managed to get all the other offers after talking to the supervisor.
I even checked my account to ensure that all the freebies were in place. The installation was set for this Saturday. The installer came 2 hours late, spent less than 5 min with a hand held instrument, and told me that I would not get signal (even though all my neighbors have it)! I wanted to argue about it, but after having read other threads about the same, deferred to his superior knowledge.
So after all the excitement of potentially great tv experience and the thrill of getting a good deal, I had to call up and cancel.

Anyhow, the reason for this post was - Thank you to Jacmyoung (OP) and all the other posters in this thread. I got a great deal because of you all. Too bad it couldnt work out.

I read the whole of this thread on how to get the best deal on new directv and managed to ask the CSR for all the deals available - the AAA, referal, coupon book, free HBO and cinemax x3 months, free showtime x12 months, etc. She did not give me the Verizon discount as she said I would have to go through the verizon site/ hotline for it and not the AAA one. However, I still managed to get all the other offers after talking to the supervisor.
I even checked my account to ensure that all the freebies were in place. The installation was set for this Saturday. The installer came 2 hours late, spent less than 5 min with a hand held instrument, and told me that I would not get signal (even though all my neighbors have it)! I wanted to argue about it, but after having read other threads about the same, deferred to his superior knowledge.
So after all the excitement of potentially great tv experience and the thrill of getting a good deal, I had to call up and cancel.

Anyhow, the reason for this post was - Thank you to Jacmyoung (OP) and all the other posters in this thread. I got a great deal because of you all. Too bad it couldnt work out.

thats the bad thing with some installers, if they dont feel like doing a job, they will make up an excuse, they just dont want to "hunt" a good line of site, if you really want to, i would try calling back and ask for a second opinion :)

I read the whole of this thread on how to get the best deal on new directv and managed to ask the CSR for all the deals available - the AAA, referal, coupon book, free HBO and cinemax x3 months, free showtime x12 months, etc. She did not give me the Verizon discount as she said I would have to go through the verizon site/ hotline for it and not the AAA one. .

The AAA offer is no longer available???

So one might as well go with the Plasma Concepts offer?

The key to a successful installation is to know how to react when a bad installer shows up (or not show up). Always call DirecTV in case it is a no show or a very bad show, you usually get a $100 credit for the bad experience. Don't try to work it out with the installer or his company, let DirecTV talk to the installing company to resove the issue, and arrange the next appt for you.

Now if all your neighbors have it, and by the look of the angle you should get it too, then that installer did not deserve to install your system anyway. He probably surveyed your site and decided it was too difficult for the little money he would be making from DirecTV. Not really his fault.

Now the reason you need to continue to work with DirecTV is that at some point they will manage to get the installing company to send out one of its own hourly employees, which does not mind working all day to install for you because he gets paid by the hours he works, not a mere $50 per job while paying off his own truck and supplies.

In my case that guy was the fifth person to come to install my system, but it was worth the wait and the calls. I got a total of $260 credit after the previous 4 guys either did not show up, or could not do the job right, or I just did not want them to do the job for me.

The AAA offer is no longer available???

So one might as well go with the Plasma Concepts offer?

Let me clarify what I said before : The AAA offer is still available. One of the previous posters had said that there was an additional discount available if one was a Verizon subscriber ( had a Verizon internet ID). Well, when I asked for the Verizon offer in addition to the AAA, I was told that I would have to call some Verizon hotline similar to the AAA one, and that only one, either the AAA or the Verizon discount would apply.

Thanks Jacmyoung for the great advice. However, I plan to move out of my current residence in 6 months time, so I did not see the advantage of calling directv again and again till I get service, as I dont think I will have time to enjoy it then. I do plan to get it when I shift to a better place. And I will surely be watching this thread for tips!

Please, I know PC is the site sponsor but the AAA deal stands on its own no need to knock it.

I wasn't knocking it. I was asking if it still existed.

AAA doesn't show it on their web pages, at least in my region. I dropped them an email and they replied that it had expired.

Now that doesn't mean that D* isn't still honoring it, if you ask for it. But some of the recent posts heare have indicated that people weren't getting it anymore.

I finally got my AAA discount (on my 3rd bill). They told me, they could only escalate it after the 2nd billing cycling. I called in after I got my 3rd bill and the credit showed up 3 days later on my account. I still don't know where the $10 off for the first 2 months are, but at least it has started from here on. I guess I have to go 26 months to get my 24 months of the $10 off.

I wasn't knocking it. I was asking if it still existed.

AAA doesn't show it on their web pages, at least in my region. I dropped them an email and they replied that it had expired.

Now that doesn't mean that D* isn't still honoring it, if you ask for it. But some of the recent posts heare have indicated that people weren't getting it anymore.

For existing subs, for new subs it is good till 12/31/08.

... I do plan to get it when I shift to a better place. And I will surely be watching this thread for tips!

And don't forget to survey your prospective neighbors too:)

Good luck, by that time how much do you want to bet the DirecTV HDDVRs will be free of upfront cost?

Did anyone actually receive the $300 coupon book?

When I signed up I was told that the installer would bring it. He had no clue what I was talking about.

I called direct TV customer service, they told me that they had nothing to do with it and I should call the AAA # though which I signed up. I called them was on wait for 6 min after I told them about it and without notice was transfered back to DTV customer service, who of course again told me to call AAA signup line.

So has anyone actually ever received the coupon book?

BTW the experience of being the ball in the middle of the park being kicked back and forth by AAA and DTV is not new. The same thing happened when I called to confirm that I was actually going to get the triple AAA $10 discount. After I signed up I did not see it anywhere and the ppl at DTV at first (2 of them) could not see it, the AAA didn't know what to do and tended to transfer me back to DTV (WITHOUT EVEN TELLING ME). After bouncing back and forth for 3 round trips I was told by someone at DTV that they could see that I was referred by AAA and that the discount would start to be applied in after the first billing cycle.
Just be aware both sides seem to have an "easy button" that putts you on a loop, a 50 min loop for me.

When I signed up last Friday 6/6/08 , Directv told me I would get $300.00 book. How long do I need to wait? I am also signed up for paperless billing, does this have anything to do with me getting the coupon book?

I just got my coupon book. I dont have it with me since I am at work.

It was mainly discounts on the sports packages.. 33% off superfan. A discount on ST, a discount on Center Ice, a discount next spring on extra innings.

I did laugh a little when I saw the coupon for a couple free months of showtime. I am beginning to think they should just call it part of one of the other channel packages and not a premium channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)