How to get an additional $240 off as a new DirecTV customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well I broke down and went to order today BUT then they told me that the 2nd HD DVR is now $199 so no go for me. Maybe in July things will be different.

Ordered a week ago. Called the AAA number and was told that I would get BOTH the AAA discount and a refer-a-friend discount (the latter for 10 months). My friend got an e-mail saying that he would only get $50 instead of $100. Called to rectify that and was told that I am only eligible for AAA, not refer-a-friend as I can only get one. The person I spoke to on the phone said specifically that I would get $10 off my first ten bills...what's the best way to make this right?

Just looked at my bill...

Plus HD DVR Monthly: $75.99
HBO, Starz, Showtime & Sports Monthly: $44.00
Primary Leased Receiver: $5.00
Total: $124.99

Discounts:

AAA New Customer Discount: -$10.00
HBO/Starz/Showtime for 3 Months: -$36.00
12 month redemption: -$16.00
DirecTV.com registration: -$5.00

So it does look like I'm getting the referral credit, they're just calling it a second AAA new customer discount???

Ordered a week ago. Called the AAA number and was told that I would get BOTH the AAA discount and a refer-a-friend discount (the latter for 10 months). My friend got an e-mail saying that he would only get $50 instead of $100. Called to rectify that and was told that I am only eligible for AAA, not refer-a-friend as I can only get one. The person I spoke to on the phone said specifically that I would get $10 off my first ten bills...what's the best way to make this right?

Discounts:

So it does look like I'm getting the referral credit, they're just calling it a second AAA new customer discount???

Looking at the discounts you are getting on your bill (two AAA credits), I would just leave that puppy alone.

Looking at the discounts you are getting on your bill (two AAA credits), I would just leave that puppy alone.
I think that's what I'm going to do. I just hope my AAA credits don't run out within the first 12 months instead of 24, ya know? By that time it'll be too late to remind them of the $100 referral bonus, I'm sure...

Discounts:

If you don't mind when did you order and what equipment did you get at what price?

Did you get a second HD DVR? And if so how much?

I went to order last week and was also told the second hd-dvr was no longer $99 but $199 :( Almost decided to go with Dish as a result but a local installer told me that in my area (VT) ALL boxes are HD because we can't see the MPEG2 sats from here. Had it confirmed from others on these forums so I plan to order today or tomorrow because I'll end up getting an HD DVR, and two HD boxes at no cost. Hoping for the AAA and $100 referral with the 1 year Showtime...we'll see.

I had the same thing happen. When I ordered two weeks ago through the AAA deal I could not get the second HDDVR for less than $199. But they also gave me two HD boxes for my other two receivers, which made up for it in my mind.

Sure enough, they have removed the referral bonus and now I'm stuck paying $52.99/month instead of $42.99/month for the first ten months. What's my best way of getting this resolved? I was specifically promised that both promotions would work simultaneously on the phone and now am being told only AAA does. And if that's the case, why did my friend receive the referral bonus??? Albeit only $50 instead of $100, but still...

Sure enough, they have removed the referral bonus and now I'm stuck paying $52.99/month instead of $42.99/month for the first ten months. What's my best way of getting this resolved? I was specifically promised that both promotions would work simultaneously on the phone and now am being told only AAA does. And if that's the case, why did my friend receive the referral bonus??? Albeit only $50 instead of $100, but still...

When I called I was told I by one CSR that I could only do the AAA so I hung up and called back and got a new CSR and was told I could do both the AAA and referal. Did you order yet? Call and complain and tell them you may want to cancel if they don't honor their previous promise.
I am holding out until July 8th when I was told the new NFL ST deal starts.

When I called I was told I by one CSR that I could only do the AAA so I hung up and called back and got a new CSR and was told I could do both the AAA and referal. Did you order yet? Call and complain and tell them you may want to cancel if they don't honor their previous promise.
I am holding out until July 8th when I was told the new NFL ST deal starts.
I did order, this was my second bill. They did not bill me the first month for some reason, but did it for the first two months. When I saw $95.98 billed, I got suspicious and sure enough, they billed me $52.99 for the second month. I e-mailed them, basically nicely calling them liars and threatening every possible action in a very non-threatening way. Also sent a complaint through Planet Feedback. We'll see what happens.

So directv called me and offered me 1 free HD DVR and 2 more HD DVRs for $99 each but no deals for NFL ST so I passed. I was alos told I could get a referral credit with the AAA credits.

According to the reps the current AAA deal expires on July 7th. Does anyone know what the new deal will be or include? I want to wait until July 21st for the NFL ST package but depending on the deal and HD DVR's fee (I need 3) I could bite early.

I just called and ordered. I got the AAA membership discount for the 10 dollars off for 24 mos. Then she also said I will get the referral bonus of 10 dollars off for 10 months. She did say that it could take 6-8 weeks for the referral to go into effect tho...

The free showtime for a year is no longer in the system and I couldn't get anything for autopay or paperless billing. She just said something about 5 dollars off for registering an email on directtv.com.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts