How to get an additional $240 off as a new DirecTV customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey, just signed up another customer and got the following deals.
Went with the Choice Extra HD package....

2 HD-DVRs - $99 each
$50 for a referral
$18 off new customer discount for 12 months
6 months free showtime
Go Green discount
Free shipping & handling, install, slimline dish, etc…
$10 off next 24 months for AAA

I want to ask about the AAA discount. From what I have read, I don't need the full-on insurance from AAA, just the roadside assistance? Is that the lowest AAA thing I can sign up for to get the AAA discount with DirecTV? If so, anybody know the price? I'm in California and I tried to look for it at their website, but seems like it's $67 for new customer? I read the first page of this thread and a person said $55. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: And also, are people able to renew the AAA discount for DirecTV every 2 years or is it a one-time deal?

Edit 2: If I register/pay for the AAA online, how long does it take them to provide me the number/code/whatever needed to tell DirecTV sales reps? Is online price the same as calling in, as in, will calling AAA to sign up for roadside assistance be cheaper than the quoted online price?

Last edited:
Don't know if it's been mentioned before but if you go to the www.jetblue.comweb site it has an offer for getting a $200 JetBlue gift card if you get DirecTV. Don't know how it effects any other offers but just thought I'd mention it.

Mozely - the AAA offer is a one time shot, just at first actiation, nothing extra after 2 years. No idea how long it takes to get AAA number, I don't have it.

All DirecTV asks for is the first six numbers of te AAA membership. I think that is a region code or something. Take that for what it's worth.

I want to ask about the AAA discount. From what I have read, I don't need the full-on insurance from AAA, just the roadside assistance? Is that the lowest AAA thing I can sign up for to get the AAA discount with DirecTV? If so, anybody know the price? I'm in California and I tried to look for it at their website, but seems like it's $67 for new customer? I read the first page of this thread and a person said $55. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: And also, are people able to renew the AAA discount for DirecTV every 2 years or is it a one-time deal?

Edit 2: If I register/pay for the AAA online, how long does it take them to provide me the number/code/whatever needed to tell DirecTV sales reps? Is online price the same as calling in, as in, will calling AAA to sign up for roadside assistance be cheaper than the quoted online price?

All you need is the basic AAA membership, which varies in price across the county. If you purchase online, you should have immediate access to your membership number. If I recall, you can actually print temporary cards.

I found that the online price was cheaper than the in-store pricing. I never tried calling.

COUPON BOOK

CAN ANYONE PASS ALONG THE SUPERFAN COUPON FROM THE COUPON BOOK THEY RECEIVED? I SURE COULD USE ONE. PM ME AND I WILL GIVE YOU MY ADDRESS. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Check those bills after getting those discounts!

After having the AAA discount on my first bill, it didn't show up again on the 2nd or the 3rd. Last month when I called, they said it would be back on the third for sure. Now they say it was taken off my account for some unknown reason and that it will be back on my 4th month's bill...:rolleyes:

Hey, just signed up another customer and got the following deals.
Went with the Choice Extra HD package....

2 HD-DVRs - $99 each
$50 for a referral
6 months free showtime
Go Green discount

Can somebody, please, explain the prices for the receivers? some people get HDDVR free, even if they don't order the Sunday Ticket, others get different prices....

In my case if i order through AAA and I don't get Sunday Ticket and I want a HDDVR, a HD, and a SD, what will be the price?

Thanks

Can somebody, please, explain the prices for the receivers? some people get HDDVR free, even if they don't order the Sunday Ticket, others get different prices....

In my case if i order through AAA and I don't get Sunday Ticket and I want a HDDVR, a HD, and a SD, what will be the price?

Thanks
If you don't get NFL Sunday Ticket Package, pick the HD DVR Plus Package and order through the AAA phone # and you will get:
An HD DVR for $99
A Free HD Receiver
SD receiver for $49
6 months free showtime
Go Green discount if you sign up for on line statements after your actived $20 one time.
If you ask someone for their account and name, you can get the Referral discount of $50.

For first 12 months you pay $75/mo + $5 2nd Rec + $5 3rd Rec - $10 AAA - $18 = $57/mo
For months 13 thr 24 you pay $75/mo + $5 2nd Rec + $5 3rd Rec - $10 AAA = $75
Months 25 + you pay $75/mo + $5 2nd Rec + $5 3rd Rec= $85
If you do the referral, you get $10 off/mo for 5 months in addition to above. And this assumes you cancel Showtime in month 7.

Last edited:
If you don't get NFL Sunday Ticket Package, pick the HD DVR Plus Package and order through the AAA phone # and you will get...

If you order the NFL ST you can still order through the AAA #, you will get the first HDDVR free (the usual NFL ST, free 4-month Premier deal, but no $18 off for one year), and still get the AAA discount and friends referral discount.

Calling the AAA# will allow you to combine all curently available national promotions, except the NFL ST/free Premier deal cannot be combined with the $18 off for 12 months rebate deal.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

If you order the NFL ST you can still order through the AAA #, you will get the first HDDVR free (the usual NFL ST, free 4-month Premier deal, but no $18 off for one year), and still get the AAA discount and friends referral discount.

Calling the AAA# will allow you to combine all curently available national promotions, except the NFL ST/free Premier deal cannot be combined with the $18 off for 12 months rebate deal.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.
You can order any package D* offers thru AAA and you have correctly stated the difference between the NFL Ticket and others. That particular poster mentioned he did not want the NFL offer.

You can order any package D* offers thru AAA and you have correctly stated the difference between the NFL Ticket and others. That particular poster mentioned he did not want the NFL offer.

Yes, but your response might have left the impression that those who wanted NFL ST should have called D* direct not this AAA#, I was only trying to clarify, this AAA# works for the NFL ST new subs too, you get an additional $240 off over two years (the AAA discount) plus a few other deals, and still can have the NFL ST/free HDDVR/free Premier for 4 months.

Always be careful what we write here, many new folks (ST subs or not) do not have time to read through the whole thread, they naturally go straight to the last few pages or just read the last few posts. When providing info, try to cover all bases so there is no room for misunderstanding.

Even though there is a big note on my original post asking people to read the whole thread but it has grown so big it is not practical. Maybe we should update the deals on the first post from time to time.

Last edited:
I made the plunge to Directv

I went and made the call this morning, to switch from E*. Here is my order details, can someone confirm that I am getting the AAA discount and my $50 referral deal too?

DIRECTV DVR Service_R15 (Rolls to offer 005 on month 5) 1 Free
CashBack_DummyName_30607 1 Free
1 year FREE Showtime B6519/004 1 Free
PREMIER Free 4 Months Free P2244/71 1 Free
HD Access_Tier 1 P000006376000000001 1 Free
Standard Professional Install 1 Free
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish 1 Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) 1 Free
DIRECTV HD Rec. (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) 1 Free
Standard IRD 1 Free
$0 Delivery & Handling 1 Free
B6291/020 1 Free

After watching the NY Rangers game last night in lousy SD, I just couldn't stomach the thought of watching the Sabres games this year the same way. Charlie I was patient, but never got responses from my email etc from your executive staff offices. A 5 year sub making the switch.

Only wish I could get an earlier install date, whereas I will have to wait until the middle of the month. Anyone have any luck changing that too?

I was unable to get the installation due to some problems. However, this is what I had negotiated:
$240 off for being a AAA member ($10 off per month for 24 months).
Premier Package with NFL sunday ticket ($75 per month for 4 months, then it's regular premier package costs). They waived the protection plan for those 4 months as well.
1 HD DVR for free and 1 HD DVR for $99.
1 year of showtime for free. 3 months free for HBO and Starz (don't remember if it included Cinemax).
$50 off for referral.

I would have had to defer getting the "go green" discount of $20 until after installation.

If I had chosen to go with the Plus HD DVR package ($55 per month for 12 months, or $18 off/ month), I would have had to pay $99 for each of the HD DVRs. I would have gotten only 6 months of Showtime for free. And I could not have received the 3 months free for premium channels. Those were the major differences I remember between the two choices (Premier package vs Plus HD DVR package).

...If I had chosen to go with the Plus HD DVR package ($55 per month for 12 months, or $18 off/ month), I would have had to pay $99 for each of the HD DVRs. I would have gotten only 6 months of Showtime for free. And I could not have received the 3 months free for premium channels. Those were the major differences I remember between the two choices (Premier package vs Plus HD DVR package).

Sounded to me the deals are less attractive than they used to be. Though I thought free premiums for three months deal was always standard.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)