How to get an additional $240 off as a new DirecTV customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
1 year of showtime for free. 3 months free for HBO and Starz (don't remember if it included Cinemax).

If I had chosen to go with the Plus HD DVR package ($55 per month for 12 months, or $18 off/ month), I would have had to pay $99 for each of the HD DVRs. I would have gotten only 6 months of Showtime for free. And I could not have received the 3 months free for premium channels. Those were the major differences I remember between the two choices (Premier package vs Plus HD DVR package).
Since you ordered the Premier package, it includes all the movie channels, so I hope you got them free for more then 3 months. On the Plus HD DVR package you have everything correct, except in addition to the $18/mo discount for 12 mo's, you get the $10/mo discount for 24 mo's. So its $45/mo for the first 12 mo's.

Anyone use this lately and get all the discounts?
Also, what is the cheapest AAA account out there?

So this is what I was offered:
$10/mo. off for 24 months
Free Showtime for one year promo
Free HBO and Starz for 3 months
First HD DVR for free and a 2nd hd dvr for $99

What I was told I could not have were:
Referral for an additional $50 off
Free shipping
$50 gift card of any kind (visa, or best buy)

Anyone else able to get the $50 referral credit also as that is what would make me jump on this deal?
Also, on aaa website I see that this deal ends 07/07/09, any idea of what they will offer at that time? Have they ever done a NFL ST deal?

Last edited:
I'm on the phone with them now...here's what I'm getting with the AAA code and the Choice Extra HD-DVR plan:

$10 credit for 24 mos.
2nd HD-DVR for $99 (instead of $199)
Free Delivery and Installation
1 Free year of Showtime
3 Free months of other movie channels

I was not able to get a $50 credit for setting up auto-pay.

I did not try a referral from a friend.

I was told the SWM is only for installs of 5-8 receivers, but I had them note in the comments section that I want it. They noted it for the installer to see, so we'll see how that goes.

Ordered the AAA deal today. This is what my order looks like:
Service Protection Plan 1 Free
DVR Service (offer - 101) 1 Free
Welcome to DIRECTV _2009 Q1 Offer 093 B5712/93 1 Free
PLUS HD DVR P000006364000000001 1 Free
B6291/020 1 Free
Standard Professional Install 1 Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) 1 Free
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish 1 Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) 1 $99.00
Standard IRD 1 Free
HBO 1 Free
STARZ! 1 Free
SHOWTIME 1 Free
Handling 1 $19.95

One thing that is missing that I have seen in others who have posted their orders is this line:
HD Access_Tier 1 P000006376000000001 ~ 1 Free

Does this mean they forgot to add HD access or am I just being paranoid? I have ordered the Plus HD DVR package after all. Thanks.

Ordered the AAA deal today. This is what my order looks like:
Service Protection Plan 1 Free
DVR Service (offer - 101) 1 Free
Welcome to DIRECTV _2009 Q1 Offer 093 B5712/93 1 Free
PLUS HD DVR P000006364000000001 1 Free
B6291/020 1 Free
Standard Professional Install 1 Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) 1 Free
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish 1 Free
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) 1 $99.00
Standard IRD 1 Free
HBO 1 Free
STARZ! 1 Free
SHOWTIME 1 Free
Handling 1 $19.95

One thing that is missing that I have seen in others who have posted their orders is this line:
HD Access_Tier 1 P000006376000000001 ~ 1 Free

Does this mean they forgot to add HD access or am I just being paranoid? I have ordered the Plus HD DVR package after all. Thanks.

Did you ask for anything else? You probably could get showtime for 1 year. Also the above is a confusing please explain how many and which receiver you got and your total start up fee (with receivers). Thank you.

Is this AAA $10/month discount you guys are talking about on top of the current discounted rates advertised on directv.com?

For example, Choice Xtra+DVR is $44.99 for the first 12 months then jumps to $65.99 after that.

So with the AAA discount, you guys are getting that package for $34.99 for the first 12 months, then $55.99 after that?

Is this AAA $10/month discount you guys are talking about on top of the current discounted rates advertised on directv.com?

For example, Choice Xtra+DVR is $44.99 for the first 12 months then jumps to $65.99 after that.

So with the AAA discount, you guys are getting that package for $34.99 for the first 12 months, then $55.99 after that?

Yup, the $10 X 24 months is in addition to the current deal so it really adds up.

Did you ask for anything else? You probably could get showtime for 1 year. Also the above is a confusing please explain how many and which receiver you got and your total start up fee (with receivers). Thank you.

I asked about the Showtime for a year, but he wouldn't give it, but I don't really care too much about that anyway. That's the way the have it listed on the order page, but basically I ordered the "Choice Xtra + HD DVR" package, and get one HD DVR for free, a second HD DVR for $99, and then one standard receiver. I'm also getting the AAA discount ($10 off per month for 24 months) on top of the normal deal of $21 off per month. I am getting HBO, Starz, & Showtime free for 3 months (the standard deal).

So I called back and was offered the same as I posted above but also the referral credit at $100 ($10 a month for 10 months in addition to the $10 for 24 months) but I could not make the deal at the time due to time restrictions on my end so I called back and a new CSR was a real, well you know. She said that I called the other day and she knew I was coming to Directv and would not give me anything except the required $10 month for AAA. We will try again later. Now if I sign up now is there any chance that I could get the NFL ST deal in July or Aug, I pay something like $70 a month and get the everything package for 4 months and get the NFL ST package?

Question, about equipment. What does the SWM actually stand for in case someone doesn't know what SWM Slimline dish means? The other thing is, for the HD DVR's, is there really a difference between the DC21, DC22, DC23 and can you specify which one you want?

Last edited:
Looks like there are offers as follows, I'm only doing one receiver HD DVR so it's probably like this:
$10/mo. off for 24 months AAA discount
Free Showtime for one year promo
Free 3 months of HD Extra which is a $4.99/month package
Free HBO and Starz for 3 months
First HD DVR for free
Free shipping and handling
$100 referral ($10 credit x 10 months) each for both me and the person who provides the referral so $200 total.

There is also the AT&T bundle discount which you can add on att.com as basically what you do is put the directv on your AT&T phone bill which requires AT&T Local Service for the $5/month bundle discount which is indefinite or if you call AT&T, it does require Long Distance service. All you need is your directv account number and basically AT&T pays for your directv while you pay the directv as part of the AT&T bill.

The other offer I see is a American Express deal:
DIRECTV
Get a $200 value reward card when you sign up for DIRECTV®
Offer Valid 02/27/2009 - 12/31/2009
Use your Blue from American Express®, Blue Sky from American ExpressSM or Blue Cash® from American Express Card to subscribe to DIRECTV service and receive an American Express-branded reward card worth $200. Getting DIRECTV is easy! Sign up today at amexbluedeals.directv.com.
To receive this offer, purchase must be charged in full to any American Express® Card.
Must order online at amexbluedeals.directv.com or call 1-866-258-5693 to be eligible for offer. Must be a new DIRECTV® subscriber. Offer based on approved credit; credit card required. Credit card not required in MA & PA.
To receive reward card, payment must be made with Blue from American Express®, Blue Sky from American ExpressSM or Blue Cash® from American Express Card and DIRECTV service must be active for thirty (30) days. Offer expires 12/31/09.
Please allow 12 weeks for delivery of reward card.

Someone mentioned earlier on the thread about a cash credit for using American Express but I have not been able to find the deal.
There is also another deal that gives $50 cashback:
Upromise.com
It's free to register and you can accumulate for someone's future college tuition just by making routine web purchases.

Join Upromise, purchase DIRECTV service and get $50 for college.
Purchase and activate DIRECTV service and enjoy the incredible quality of 100% digital picture and sound, and exclusive entertainment and sports packages.
How to get $50 back for college from DIRECTV.
1 Join Upromise
2 Purchase and activate DIRECTV service 1
3 Enter your DIRECTV account number at upromise.com within 60 days of purchase and get $50 for college 2
You must be a Upromise member to take advantage of this special offer.

https://lty.s.upromise.com/partner/...ectv&cm_mmc=Partner-_-Directv-_-Web-_-directv

There is also a American Airlines deal where you get 10,000 American AAdvantage miles for signing up:

http://aa.directv.com/DTVAPP/index.jsp?CMP=LEC-AA-Partner

Not sure if everyone has this one:
Free service plan

If you have problems stacking the rebates, what you should do is after you get off the phone, call the retention department and tell them you want the rebate added to it and if that doesn't work, threaten to cancel and say you will goto your cable company for service.

Last edited:
There is also a $200 jetblue offer too.

JETBLUE $200 GIFT CARD OFFER: Must order online at jetblue.directv.com or call 800-375-5768 to be eligible for offer. Receive a JetBlue Gift Card worth $200 when you subscribe to DIRECTV® service by 9/30/09. Must be a new subscriber to DIRECTV. New DIRECTV subscribers must have an active account for thirty (30) days in order to be eligible for this offer. Allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of card. Gift Card may be used toward the purchase of air-only travel on JetBlue. Gift Card may not be applied toward changes to flights. Gift Card is not redeemable for cash or credit. Gift Card has no implied warranty and is not a credit or debit card. JetBlue is not responsible for lost or stolen Gift Cards. LIMIT ONE GIFT CARD PER DIRECTV ACCOUNT. Offer valid only in the 48 contiguous United States.

A question for some of you since Directv does a credit pull when you ask for service, do you only do the credit pull after they allow all offers or do you do it before so that you're on the system and basically call back until you get a rep that will allow all the offers you wanted? Thanks.

A question for some of you since Directv does a credit pull when you ask for service, do you only do the credit pull after they allow all offers or do you do it before so that you're on the system and basically call back until you get a rep that will allow all the offers you wanted? Thanks.

Depends. When I call from my cell phone they already know who I am (name, address, and cell phone number) but I never gave them my social or home number. So they know who I am but I never gave them authorization to do a credit check yet. I think they have to point blank ask you or inform you right before they run your credit but if they have your social it might be up to the CSR.

Depends. When I call from my cell phone they already know who I am (name, address, and cell phone number) but I never gave them my social or home number. So they know who I am but I never gave them authorization to do a credit check yet. I think they have to point blank ask you or inform you right before they run your credit but if they have your social it might be up to the CSR.

The thing is that they tell you that they can't tell you what offers are available until after they run your credit.

The thing is that they tell you that they can't tell you what offers are available until after they run your credit.

When I called them I say this is what I want and if you can do it then great if not then no thank you and I hang up. I have never had my credit run through directv and I get offers when I call them.

Sounds like I might just wait until the NFL ST offer is up. What did you all get last year with the NFL ST package (SF, premiums, Showtime for a year, and were you able to use a refer a friend too)?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts