HR20 - Release in August (LA to be the first)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Great review; I saw it came with the 300GB Seagate DB35 SATA DynaPlay series HDD; and that series comes in a 750GB model for OEM DVR use as well. SWEET! I smell a purchase, then a HDD upgrade down the road.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information Earl! Looking forward to additional information as it becomes available.

hdtvtechno said:
Take a wild guess, yes he is :)

Acutally... not really an "official" tester...
Just a guy lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time.... and built some good releationships...

How easy to use will this unit be? I plan on getting one when it is released, but I am a DVR newbie. Is there a learning curve for most of the basic DVR functionality? I'm mostly concerned for my other less technologically inclined family members. :rolleyes:

In my experiences with set-top AND PC based DVRs they are easier to use than a VHS (as crazy as that sounds seeing how easy they are). It really is read, point, click, done. If you can operate a cable or DBS remote and EPG, then you are 95% there.

Today is the day! I just placed an order for the HR20-700 DVR.:) It will be installed with a new dish on 9/9/2006. $399.00 plus tax and two-year commitment. I live in the LA area (Orange County). The CSR actually said she was jealous because she was not in an area that had them yet. She stated that the rest of the country will get the rollout this fall. This was a long time coming. So if you live in Los Angeles/Orange County, place your orders gentlemen and get em while they're hot (and before they run out of inventory)!

Evan

Last edited:
You're not getting it installed until September? It may be available to the rest of the country by then. :cool: Is that the earliest install date they could give you?

Although that is only 12 business days or two weeks away, that does seem like a pushed back date. Did you ask for a specific week or like asked above, was this the earliest?

yes, I was disappointed to find out how long it would be to get the thing installed. This was the earliest date they had available at this time. I asked if she couldn't just send it to me, but she stated they needed to come out and put in the new dish as well (5 LNB). oh well, I waited this long, I'm just grateful it's finally coming! she did say they were booking up quickly as today is the first day they are accepting orders.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)