HR20 - Release in August (LA to be the first)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Under contract

The CSR indicated I was under contract for another 15 months (I got the LNB 5 last December and I think that renewed my commitment).:cool:

Oskee I said:
FiOS is coming to the area (Fairfax, VA) in another week or two. According to my math, it'll end up being a better deal in the end.

Any ways called DTV to see if I could find out some more info about the HR20 and to find out if my equipment was a lease of I owned it. CSR told me I owned my stuff according to his records and if I was going to cancel, I could just return my stuff and all was good (a H20 and HR10-250) and I could make a clean break (does this sound right?).

He then transferred me to tech support who told me he was told more info would be given on Aug. 16th (maybe LA launch?) and then transferred me again to a "higher level?" tech support.

She was aware of the HR20 and said that it would be available in the next couple of months and would probably be Fed Ex'd out to me if I wanted it as I already had the LNB-5.

Again I don't know how much the information is worth, but thought I'd share my experience. I'm trying to hold out for the HR20, but FiOS is very tempting and friends say it's a no brainer to get FiOS especially if I had a HDTV. . .. decisions. . . . decisions. . . decisions. . . .

FiOs is where Tivo's are going according to Verizon... I talked to one of their reps a couple weeks ago and he said that the new FiOs DVR's will be Tivo. If thats true it sucks because I am in SBC land here in Indiana and none of the FibreOptic TV is supposed to be here for awhile. I will more than likely be going Fibre though when available from all the report there have been, it looks sweet!

I would love to have Fios, but I know it isn't coming to my area any time soon. Does anyone know a good link to info about potiential rollout locations and timing?

Satmeister said:
Except the Millions of us who will not see FIOS for 2+ years in our area. :eek:

Or much much longer then that...
I am in a new subdivision.... and they didn't pre-wire for FIOS

We don't even have DSL because the CO's are so far away...
So until my entire area (about 5 new subdivisions) are completed.... I can't see FIOS making it to me any time soon.....

ebonovic said:
Or much much longer then that...
I am in a new subdivision.... and they didn't pre-wire for FIOS

We don't even have DSL because the CO's are so far away...
So until my entire area (about 5 new subdivisions) are completed.... I can't see FIOS making it to me any time soon.....

All of that doesn't mean a thing unless the telco has been granted a franchise to operate FIOS in that area.

Brewer4 said:
Does anyone know if this unit (HR20) is going to do Picture in Picture like the Dish vip622?

No, it doesn't have the same PIP function like the VIP622

really it won't do PIP? Even Ultimate TV DVRs ages ago had this programmed into the box. Its already got 2 tuners so its a software design feature.:down

It will be pretty dissappointing if this unit is just like the H20 but only with R15 like DVR features. We waited this long for them to get it right. Lets see what this week brings.

Brewer4 said:
It will be pretty dissappointing if this unit is just like the H20 but only with R15 like DVR features. We waited this long for them to get it right. Lets see what this week brings.

What else are you expecting from it? (From a feature point of view)

I for one sure hope it has the active feature up and running out of the box, not like the H20 which is still waiting for it 8 months after it was released.

ebonovic said:
What else are you expecting from it? (From a feature point of view)

Something interesting. Interactive stuff actually being delivered on an HD box would be good. I also like what the Dish 622 can do. PIP and Picture slide show. My in-laws love the slide show. Its just that D*'s been talking advanced stuff (not to single out one guy) and Robert from Value Electronis kept playing up advanced are going to blow you away. So far, we havent seen much from D* except some mix channels that only interactively work on very select receivers.

I am just hoping there is something on the box that makes me want to say, "now thats cool".

I saw the US Open coverage thing and thats cool. But interactive still doesnt work on the H20. Lets just hope they put it into the HR20.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)