I have MSG and FOXP2

pjm8047

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 27, 2004
syracuse,ny
The hockey season starts today and the sabres are on MSG. I was wondering if I would be able to watch the sabres this seson because I only had FOXP2. I turned on the tv this morning I saw MSG on the guide :) :) :) I hope they keep MSG after the season is over.

I am also in the Buffalo area, but MSG does NOT show up as an available channel, unless I add the "regional sports pkg", which is out of Pittsburgh. I did try to set up a timer on my 522 for the Sabres game on the NHL center ice free preview, but I got a message that this game is blacked out in my area. I then scrolled ed up to the regional channels and channel 445 (alt2)lists the Sabres vs. Islanders game. I was able to create a timer to record this channel on my 522. I am anxious to see if it will really work.

IPAonTAP said:
I am also in the Buffalo area, but MSG does NOT show up as an available channel, unless I add the "regional sports pkg", which is out of Pittsburgh. I did try to set up a timer on my 522 for the Sabres game on the NHL center ice free preview, but I got a message that this game is blacked out in my area. I then scrolled ed up to the regional channels and channel 445 (alt2)lists the Sabres vs. Islanders game. I was able to create a timer to record this channel on my 522. I am anxious to see if it will really work.
I live in Syracuse,NY. I wonder way you don't get MSG. You should be the first one to get MSG. Go to this link and put in you address and see what RSN you should have. https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customernetqual/prepAddress.do

IPAonTAP said:
I just checked a buffalo address to see the rsn's it shows FOXP2 and MSG

pjm8047 said:
Are Rangers games going to be blacked out for me and knicks games?

http://dish.fxep.com/ doesn't have the right info.

PJM, we should get Rangers and Knicks with MSG. I subscribed to SPORTSPAK last winter for college basketball and got Knick games, of course there were no Ranger games last year. I read on another post a while back MSG deal with DISH has NY divided into 3 zones, Binghamton, SYracuse Watertown are all in zone 2 so should get both Sabres and Rangers. WNY will not get Rangers. NYC and Hudson river area will not get Sabres.

pjm, I put in my Buffalo address and it does show MSG and fox2p. I have AT180, so do I need to subscribe to the regional sports pkg @ $5.99 per month, or do I get these stations with my current level of programming?

IPA
you get it with your regualr programming. I just ran aBuffalo address

BUFFALO, NY 14201-

Wed Oct 05 11:24:11 MDT 2005

LOCAL NETWORK PACKAGE

Congratulations! This address is eligible for the
Buffalo, NY Local Network Package

Click here to see a list of the channels in the package.

SUPERSTATIONS

Congratulations! This address is eligible for all Superstations.

DENVER KWGN
LOS ANGELES KTLA
NEW YORK WPIX

NEW YORK WWOR
BOSTON WSBK

Regional Sports Network with America's Top 60 Plus and higher

FOX Sports Pittsburgh 2

MSG

so as long as you have AT60+ or greater, you SHOULD get both. Blackouts are a different story.

IPAonTAP said:
pjm, I put in my Buffalo address and it does show MSG and fox2p. I have AT180, so do I need to subscribe to the regional sports pkg @ $5.99 per month, or do I get these stations with my current level of programming?
they are part of the top 180 they should be channels 431 FOXP2 and 412 MSG

I'll know tonight as face off is 7:00 PM. I will post a reply tomorrow AM as to the results.
You guys are awesome and your help is very much appreciated. I have been through CSR hell for almost 3 weeks trying to find out what you guys told me in a few hours.

Ice,
I was able to watch the game. It was balcked out on the center ice package, and I did not see it on MSG 412, but on 445 alt2. This has been very confusing, but I'm glad to get the games and a Sabres opening season win is also nice. By the way, the Sabres scored the first goal of the "New NHL".

On another topic, I did not watch any other hockey games last night (baseball playoffs), but the Sabres games was very exciting, fast paced, and very few whistles. Several minutes would go by without a stoppage in play, and skillful puck handling was very evident. I think I'm going to like this season if it keeps up this way. Did others have similar findings with other games?

I saw a whole bunch of games and it was pretty fast paced

Was watching the MN/Calgary game on local TV and got to hear our Governor drop a F bomb on live TV :D Before every MN home game, somebody gets the crowd to say “Lets play Hockey” and Pawlenty said “The first lady and myself want to say something before they drop the f****** puck…..” and then did the “Lets play Hockey”

Pretty funny :D

As for it being on Alt channels, that’s how they mighty have to do it for the season for blackout reasons (because I don’t think fans in NYC get the Sabres games). They do this with FSN North (Wisconsin version). All the Wisco sports are on Alt channels.

Iceberg said:
I saw a whole bunch of games and it was pretty fast paced

Was watching the MN/Calgary game on local TV and got to hear our Governor drop a F bomb on live TV :D Before every MN home game, somebody gets the crowd to say “Lets play Hockey” and Pawlenty said “The first lady and myself want to say something before they drop the f****** puck…..” and then did the “Lets play Hockey”

Pretty funny :D

As for it being on Alt channels, that’s how they mighty have to do it for the season for blackout reasons (because I don’t think fans in NYC get the Sabres games). They do this with FSN North (Wisconsin version). All the Wisco sports are on Alt channels.
But the sabres played the islanders last night thats a NYC team I don't think it would be blacked out for them.

Iceberg said:
IPA (or anyone who has MSG & FSNP2)

were you able to see the game?

Iceberg,

All Buffalo Sabre Games slated for coverage on MSG will be on an alternate Sports channel between 445 and 451, the reason is Dish is a national carrier can't substitute Sabres feed for the regular MSG feed as most MSG subs don't have the rights to watch Buffalo Sabre Games.

The result is MSG Buffalo Sabre games will all be on the Alternate Sport channel feeds.

Most Western New Yorkers also have the local rights to New Jersey Devils and NY Rangers on MSG, but NOT the NY Islanders. Since Western New Yorkers are NOT in market for the Islanders all Islander games be blacked out on MSG (This is the reason the Islanders at Sabres game was blacked out on 412 MSG Wednesday October 5th, as it was the Islanders home broadcast).

With the addition of MSG for Western New Yorkers most Subs will see all Devils and Rangers games as well as the Alternate MSG feed for ALL Buffalo Sabres carried by MSG.

If you get the regional sports package then you will also get the Devils spillover games on FSN New York.

Since NY Rangers are the primary Team for MSG their games are always on MSG, if the Devils or the Islanders play the same night then their games are on FSN New York.

garys said:
The blackouts are very confusing. I was surprised the Rangers/Flyers game wasn't blacked out on OLN last night.

Gary,

OLN owns the national rights for all games on their channel, regardless of the local market rights.

The Rangers at Flyers game was only available on OLN NO Local Regional sports channel offered the game.

John

JohnL said:
Iceberg,

All Buffalo Sabre Games slated for coverage on MSG will be on an alternate Sports channel between 445 and 451, the reason is Dish is a national carrier can't substitute Sabres feed for the regular MSG feed as most MSG subs don't have the rights to watch Buffalo Sabre Games.

The result is MSG Buffalo Sabre games will all be on the Alternate Sport channel feeds.

Most Western New Yorkers also have the local rights to New Jersey Devils and NY Rangers on MSG, but NOT the NY Islanders. Since Western New Yorkers are NOT in market for the Islanders all Islander games be blacked out on MSG (This is the reason the Islanders at Sabres game was blacked out on 412 MSG Wednesday October 5th, as it was the Islanders home broadcast).

With the addition of MSG for Western New Yorkers most Subs will see all Devils and Rangers games as well as the Alternate MSG feed for ALL Buffalo Sabres carried by MSG.

If you get the regional sports package then you will also get the Devils spillover games on FSN New York.

Since NY Rangers are the primary Team for MSG their games are always on MSG, if the Devils or the Islanders play the same night then their games are on FSN New York.

I hate to complain after such a long hard fight to get MSG for upstate NYers, but now what Dish should do is drop FOXPIT2 and give us FSNY, wonder if that will ever happen.
Not sure DEvils games are available to all upstate,on FSNY I was not blacked out on Center Ice the other night and if I was in their terr. I would have been. zip 13669.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)