I thought new dish and cable was required?

Rdeejr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Santa Fe
Tech is here now installing two hoppers and one Joey. He is not replacing the dish or cable and said it is not necessary.

This dish was installed in about 2007 along with the cable. Any thoughts?

Ask the tech if your dish is a 1000.2 or 1000.4 and what Sat your HD locals come from in your area... That is if there offered in your area. If they are then the dish should be on that arc to the Prime Time anytime will work.

All I gotta say is wow. Only took him and hour and 30 minutes.

This system kicks butt. It programmed my DVD player and audio receiver by the click of a button. The features are great.

Check your signal levels when it rains. The manual, install diagram and training videos all clearly say you must have 3Ghz certified coax from the NOde to the Hopper. From the Node to the Dish it has to be 2 Ghz, to the Joeys most anything works.
The 3GHZ is needed as the 3rd sat is carried on the higher freq.
If there high enough to meet standards you are OK. There is a chart around here somewhere stating what they should be on a clear day based on City

If your original install is that new it should be fine. Hopefully the tech explained to you that the system is still very glitchy, even when installed to spec. Proper ventilation and a little bit of patience when dealing with software updates is all you need to enjoy the system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts