I will never do business with directv again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Oh I don’t know maybe because Directv had lawyers write it, He signed it when he activated the receiver.

If you look on your bill its there on the back or a sheet of paper with the first statement, the installer tells you as well.

You dont have to sign a thing, taking the service is all thats required, sure he can go to court but they will just throw it out and tell him to arbitrate.

He could probably argue that he didnt get his part of the deal and try to get Directv to open the conversation he had with the CSR he made the deal with.

well directv finally came across, sort of. after quite a few emails they offered a 50 dollar credit, which is fine like I stated earlier. It was more about principle than anything else. I still have a bad taste in my mouth over this, mostly because of the first few csr's attitudes and the fact that they called me a liar, but i at least feel a little better about the situation because I didnt get ripped off completely.

The BBB can be a wonderful thing.

the bbb thing still hasnt went thru. its still in there though, I am just not sure how I will respond. Im not overly thrilled that directv offered me a 50 dollar credit instead of the 100 that was promised on the phone. it was more of a moral victory after having been called a liar by directv a few times and having to battle them to admit they were at least partially wrong.

I have no trouble believing diat150. D* offers so many different deals to different customers it's no wonder they can't keep it straight. He knows what they offered him, I think it's D*'s CSRs who don't know what they gave him. All the time on this and other satellite boards I see people talking about the great deals they got. They should just make it simple and have a standard deal so everyone gets treated fairly.

I was with D* for four years until this summer when we moved. We had some landscaping to complete before we would be ready to put up a dish so they put my account on suspend. That way I wouldn't be paying for service I couldn't watch. I asked about upgrading to HD and was told that the HD DVR was going to be $199. E* had been calling and they offered me a free HD DVR, free HBO for three months and free HD for 10 months. I took them up on the deal.

When I called D* and said "cancel service" to the automated menu, it was like magic. The CSR I talked to would give me a free HR20 and free HD for a year. WTF, I would have stayed if they had just gave me that deal before. I think they just bring on people screwing with them for better deals because they operate this way. With E*, I'm pretty confident that I'm getting screwed about the same as all the other customers. :) D* customers get screwed at different levels.

Vurbano is right(ouch, that hurt a little), I always thought the E* fanboys were bad, they can't hold a candle to the apologists in this thread. You should have to call three times to confirm that you're getting the deal and the equipment they agreed to give you? Come on, who has the time or patience for that? If you accept a deal, you shouldn't have to worry that you're going to get it.

I'm glad diat at least got half the money back on his deal. Not enough for them calling him a liar and the abuse he took in this thread for having the gall to expect them to follow through on their word.

I have no trouble believing diat150. D* offers so many different deals to different customers it's no wonder they can't keep it straight. He knows what they offered him, I think it's D*'s CSRs who don't know what they gave him. All the time on this and other satellite boards I see people talking about the great deals they got. They should just make it simple and have a standard deal so everyone gets treated fairly.

I was with D* for four years until this summer when we moved. We had some landscaping to complete before we would be ready to put up a dish so they put my account on suspend. That way I wouldn't be paying for service I couldn't watch. I asked about upgrading to HD and was told that the HD DVR was going to be $199. E* had been calling and they offered me a free HD DVR, free HBO for three months and free HD for 10 months. I took them up on the deal.

When I called D* and said "cancel service" to the automated menu, it was like magic. The CSR I talked to would give me a free HR20 and free HD for a year. WTF, I would have stayed if they had just gave me that deal before. I think they just bring on people screwing with them for better deals because they operate this way. With E*, I'm pretty confident that I'm getting screwed about the same as all the other customers. :) D* customers get screwed at different levels.

Vurbano is right(ouch, that hurt a little), I always thought the E* fanboys were bad, they can't hold a candle to the apologists in this thread. You should have to call three times to confirm that you're getting the deal and the equipment they agreed to give you? Come on, who has the time or patience for that? If you accept a deal, you shouldn't have to worry that you're going to get it.

I'm glad diat at least got half the money back on his deal. Not enough for them calling him a liar and the abuse he took in this thread for having the gall to expect them to follow through on their word.

good post. what is funny is the thought that I would make a long thread to lie about what directv offered me. after some of the responses and the way the directv csr's acted, it seems we may have a few directv csr's posting on here.:)

Diat, the cool thing about your original post was that it managed to raise all sorts of red flags (veracity warning flags) without divulging anything that was so defiitively damning that you couldn't just back yourself out of trouble with a few more explanations. Both your predicament and the red flags raised by your reporting of the facts provided some gristle for D*ers to chew on, which they did. Most of the red flags you provided have already been gone over, but one more that I haven't seen mentioned is your assertion that the CSR's called you a liar.

I'm sure it's possible that the CSR's told you "Diat, what a sorry-ass liar you are, we're not giving you one cent back," but not likely. More in the realm of probability is they said something like "Sorry sir, our records don't show such an offer was made to you," and you took free rein to re-interpret that statement into "Diat is a liar."

The fact that you would re-invent the discussion in that manner doesn't prove that you weren't screwed. It just raises one more red flag about your reliability as a reporter of the facts, which paradoxically, helps generate more interest in your story...

Diat, the cool thing about your original post was that it managed to raise all sorts of red flags (veracity warning flags) without divulging anything that was so defiitively damning that you couldn't just back yourself out of trouble with a few more explanations. Both your predicament and the red flags raised by your reporting of the facts provided some gristle for D*ers to chew on, which they did. Most of the red flags you provided have already been gone over, but one more that I haven't seen mentioned is your assertion that the CSR's called you a liar.

I'm sure it's possible that the CSR's told you "Diat, what a sorry-ass liar you are, we're not giving you one cent back," but not likely. More in the realm of probability is they said something like "Sorry sir, our records don't show such an offer was made to you," and you took free rein to re-interpret that statement into "Diat is a liar."

The fact that you would re-invent the discussion in that manner doesn't prove that you weren't screwed. It just raises one more red flag about your reliability as a reporter of the facts, which paradoxically, helps generate more interest in your story...

so now you are saying that I am a excellent liar, since I am able to cover all of my tracks?

now let me ask you this, if directv tells me that it isnt in the records, that they dont offer discounts on two receivers, and that there was no way that I received that offer what are they saying? I dont recall them telling me that it is possible that they made a mistake. I assume they thought I was making it up? is that a safe assumption? most of the gristle, like you call it, was the failure of some to comprehend what they were reading. It appears some of you need to take off the directv colored glasses before you go around making assumptions that you cannot back up.

How about we all just let this die? The user heard what he heard and got what he got; DirecTV said what they said and did what they did; only those two REALLY know or care what happened; its all said and done. Let it go and move on to MORE important issues; like actually watching TV and spending time with your own families. GEEZ; a wasted 19pgs over this garbage.

How about we all just let this die? The user heard what he heard and got what he got; DirecTV said what they said and did what they did; only those two REALLY know or care what happened; its all said and done. Let it go and move on to MORE important issues; like actually watching TV and spending time with your own families. GEEZ; a wasted 19pgs over this garbage.

Im pretty sure that I said if this thread didnt interest you that you didnt have to participate? obviously you enjoy being part of the discussion:)

I'm sure the OP got way more than he could have dreamed out of this thread. I mean, he obviously wanted to broadcast his bad feelings toward direcTV (never once asked for help resolving the situation, at least not in the OP), and we've fed into it for 19 pages now...

I bet he can. He signed no contract. I have written plenty of clauses into contracts that just don't fly when lawyers get ahold of it. Why do people automatically assume that everything in a contract is enforcable? Especially one that isnt signed.

Doesn't your employer have a legal department to vet these type insertions into a contract?

If you continually insert things into contracts that aren't enforceable, how do you manage to keep your job?

Just a thought, but worth considering!!!

I am just not sure how I will respond. Im not overly thrilled that directv offered me a 50 dollar credit instead of the 100 that was promised on the phone.

Wait a minute. I thought I read a few posts ago that you were basically happy with the $50 offer! What happened? What has changed? I thought this painful thread was history. Stop whining. Sounds like you're just looking for attention. :rolleyes:

02-18-2007, 09:23 PM
diat150

I would switch over to dish until directv actually goes thru with its plan. after they get their stuff in service you can then evaluate who is the better option for YOU. I have given up on being a dedicated sub... I am now a what have you done for me lately sub, and so far dish has done everything that I want.

02-14-2007, 10:40 AM
diat150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero327
*throws stone*

ive never seen so many girly men in one thread. the best thing to do is let people pay for their own consequences and worry about their own actions. i dont have to try and justify why I moved. I made the decision and I stand by my decision.

Because according to OP, if you have morals and would rather not cheat you are a “GIRLY MAN”

Joined forum July 06

7-9 06, I am current directv

7-10 06 I am in louisanna

7 20 06 OP joined E* around this time

07-29-2006, 10:13 AM
diat150

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb7oeb
Just out of curiosity how well did directv provide local guide data?

actually, very well. in the d* hd dvr you were able to select 2 different areas where the ota locals were coming from. I was able to select my main city, and also a secondary city that I caught some channels from.

8 7 06 I had to email the ceo@dish email address after getting the run around from the csr's.

8 24 06 admission of moving to get preseason games and escaping charges.

9 15 06 I found that the 622 had a much better receiver than the directv hd dvr.

2 6 07 more moving… if you cant get them with your antenna then the only other option is moving. I just moved to KC yesterday and I am impressed by the quality.

diat150

I would switch over to dish until directv actually goes thru with its plan. after they get their stuff in service you can then evaluate who is the better option for YOU. I have given up on being a dedicated sub... I am now a what have you done for me lately sub, and so far dish has done everything that I want.

diat150

Quote:
*throws stone*

ive never seen so many girly men in one thread. the best thing to do is let people pay for their own consequences and worry about their own actions. i dont have to try and justify why I moved. I made the decision and I stand by my decision.

Because according to OP, if you have morals and would rather not cheat you are a “GIRLY MAN”

2 17 07 more moving talk… i moved twice. I still receive ota guide info in my area, plus I still receive the sd channels that I had previously moved to from a nearby larger city without hd on the 6000's, and I get the new hd channels from the area I moved to. I guess I get the best of all worlds.

7 31 07 I find this odd… OP originally posted on this thread he has been with D* for 10 years…. Now finally after over one year with satellite guys the first post on a D* forum asking about blackout rules for local games…
in my area, but the local station shows the local games, will it be blacked out on sunday ticket?

10 22 07 OP quote at the beginning of this thread “I recently wanted to upgrade to HD”

On 2 different posts the OP made comments on the D* HD DVR and what he was able to do with this receiver… hmmmm how can you “upgrade to HD” when you already have it?

10-23-2007, 07:57 PM
diat150

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith198025
any newbies reading this, while i feel for the guy, this is a rare example of a bad situation one would experience with D* or E* for that matter. Bad stuff gets put on here, good stuff, less so.
Just saying

what has directv done to improve the situation? directv cant afford to give me the deal that I was offered? Directv cant allow me to return the equipment and cancel? Directv cant offer me programming credits? Directv cant offer me half credit? Ive offered Directv every opportunity to make this situation better but they refuse. Now I have to resort to avenues like wasting my and directv's time on the phone, the BBB, and passing on this information to others so that they wont have the same thing happen to them. All of this could have been avoided had directv simply said I am sorry about the misunderstanding sir, I will apply that credit on your account right away since that is what was promised to you. I would have been happy with a half credit. Im easy...

10-24-2007, 03:32 PM
diat150

well directv finally came across, sort of. after quite a few emails they offered a 50 dollar credit, which is fine like I stated earlier. It was more about principle than anything else. I still have a bad taste in my mouth over this, mostly because of the first few csr's attitudes and the fact that they called me a liar, but i at least feel a little better about the situation because I didnt get ripped off completely.

10-25-2007, 07:50 PM
diat150

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmeff
the bbb thing still hasnt went thru. its still in there though, I am just not sure how I will respond. Im not overly thrilled that directv offered me a 50 dollar credit instead of the 100 that was promised on the phone. it was more of a moral victory after having been called a liar by directv a few times and having to battle them to admit they were at least partially wrong.

Moved hasn’t moved

Loyal 10 year customer, yet 6 months before that “now a what have you done for me lately sub”

Wanted to “upgrade to HD” yet already had hd dvr

Admittedly moved to escape charges

Would be happy with 50 dollars, now not happy with 50 dollars

Too many inconsistencies, too much history of cheating…..

One thing about the TRUTH, the story stays the same. Here the story changes every time someone brings up another point.

I have to credit the CSR’s with one thing. As OP stated “they called me a liar” so at least they got something right.

i find it funny but when he posted his bill, he had a 100 dollar general retention credit. so does this mean he gave that up for a 50 dollar credit? the guy changes his story so many times, its hard to tell the truth.

well. come to think of it, i won't mention what i think the truth was!

diat150

diat150

Quote:
*throws stone*

Joined forum July 06

7-9 06, I am current directv

7-10 06 I am in louisanna

7 20 06 OP joined E* around this time

07-29-2006, 10:13 AM
diat150

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb7oeb
Just out of curiosity how well did directv provide local guide data?

actually, very well. in the d* hd dvr you were able to select 2 different areas where the ota locals were coming from. I was able to select my main city, and also a secondary city that I caught some channels from.

8 7 06 I had to email the ceo@dish email address after getting the run around from the csr's.

8 24 06 admission of moving to get preseason games and escaping charges.

9 15 06 I found that the 622 had a much better receiver than the directv hd dvr.

2 6 07 more moving… if you cant get them with your antenna then the only other option is moving. I just moved to KC yesterday and I am impressed by the quality.

diat150

diat150

Quote:
*throws stone*

2 17 07 more moving talk… i moved twice. I still receive ota guide info in my area, plus I still receive the sd channels that I had previously moved to from a nearby larger city without hd on the 6000's, and I get the new hd channels from the area I moved to. I guess I get the best of all worlds.

7 31 07 I find this odd… OP originally posted on this thread he has been with D* for 10 years…. Now finally after over one year with satellite guys the first post on a D* forum asking about blackout rules for local games…
in my area, but the local station shows the local games, will it be blacked out on sunday ticket?

10 22 07 OP quote at the beginning of this thread “I recently wanted to upgrade to HD”

On 2 different posts the OP made comments on the D* HD DVR and what he was able to do with this receiver… hmmmm how can you “upgrade to HD” when you already have it?

10-23-2007, 07:57 PM
diat150

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith198025
any newbies reading this, while i feel for the guy, this is a rare example of a bad situation one would experience with D* or E* for that matter. Bad stuff gets put on here, good stuff, less so.
Just saying

what has directv done to improve the situation? directv cant afford to give me the deal that I was offered? Directv cant allow me to return the equipment and cancel? Directv cant offer me programming credits? Directv cant offer me half credit? Ive offered Directv every opportunity to make this situation better but they refuse. Now I have to resort to avenues like wasting my and directv's time on the phone, the BBB, and passing on this information to others so that they wont have the same thing happen to them. All of this could have been avoided had directv simply said I am sorry about the misunderstanding sir, I will apply that credit on your account right away since that is what was promised to you. I would have been happy with a half credit. Im easy...

10-24-2007, 03:32 PM
diat150

10-25-2007, 07:50 PM
diat150

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmeff

Moved hasn’t moved

Loyal 10 year customer, yet 6 months before that “now a what have you done for me lately sub”

Wanted to “upgrade to HD” yet already had hd dvr

Admittedly moved to escape charges

Would be happy with 50 dollars, now not happy with 50 dollars

Too many inconsistencies, too much history of cheating…..

One thing about the TRUTH, the story stays the same. Here the story changes every time someone brings up another point.

I have to credit the CSR’s with one thing. As OP stated “they called me a liar” so at least they got something right.

wow, I am actually thrilled that you would waste 30 minutes of your life making yourself look stupid. I have clearly answered every type of bs that you try and throw. keep it up.

i find it funny but when he posted his bill, he had a 100 dollar general retention credit. so does this mean he gave that up for a 50 dollar credit? the guy changes his story so many times, its hard to tell the truth.

well. come to think of it, i won't mention what i think the truth was!
another clear case of someone with zero reading comprehension.:)

Come on, guys... it's been two days since I last looked at this and this thread is still hanging out on the first page? Can we all let it drop instead of giving this guy exactly what he wants? Can a Mod close the thread? Something?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts