If you are a DirecTV customer and don't have a DTivo, you're crazy!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
rkr0923 said:
Survivor, did you know that it's showing on Wednesday instead of Thursday this week? I don't need to know, my Tivo knows.
Then your Tivo is crazy.....cause it's still on Thursday night @ 7:00pm

You're right, I think it's The Apprentice that's on tonight instead of the usual Thursday time. This is my point exactly, I don't need to pay that close attention to the schedule as Tivo does it for me!

silversurfer01973 said:
Sorry but if people are interested in a DVR I am quite certain they know which forum to go to...This post is discussing DVRs and it belongs in the DVR forum. There are also redirects left in the main forum that will point them to this forum. So the effect you wanted is being achieved while we maintain the format of each forum...

But that's the whole point, this thread is supposed to catch people that AREN'T necessarily interested in a DVR! Once somebody knows that they are interested they will go to the DVR forum and learn what they need to know. This thread is for the people that don't know what they are missing.

I understand the reaction to move it here because it discusses DVRs, but it's not meant for this audience. If I had known it was going to be moved here, I wouldn't have wasted my time writing it, it's preaching to the choir here.

Jake,

All of the information I have been reading regarding Tivo's for existing customers is that they are $99.

The rebate's you mention are for NEW customers only.

Do you have links to show that the rebates are for existing customers also???

I would love to see the link as I am getting ready to buy one myself.

Thanks.

Tonedeaf,

That could be. I tried to look at the rebate details on CC's site but it just showed a blank screen. I know earlier in the month people were getting a rebate with them. I think DirecTV is promoting a rebate now for new customers, so when that started the general one might have stopped. I just checked Best Buy's site, and they showed a 40GB model for $79. For $20 more though I would get the 80GB model. Sorry about the "stale" info on that rebate.

Not your fault Jake. I looked for the rebate detail on CC site and there were none.

I will probably end up waiting for D* to getthe 70 hr models and order from them so they can install with a multi switch.

Thanks though.

So folks out there...If you have read this and still aren't getting a Tivo, why not? I'm sure there are some valid reasons...don't be afraid to speak up!

Just called up the retention phone number(800-600-8977) and talked with the rep for a bit regarding interest in getting Tivo. She went through my account and made an offer that I just could not refuse. She offered me a free Tivo unit with free install and multi switch. Only charge is the $15 shipping fee. :D

So in this year, I will have gotten 1 HD receiver for $99, actually free also if I count prgramming discounts, and now a free Tivo. I love D*, I don't see myself switching for a very long time. :D

So I am a happy camper. Thanks D*

Tonedeaf said:
Not your fault Jake. I looked for the rebate detail on CC site and there were none.

I will probably end up waiting for D* to getthe 70 hr models and order from them so they can install with a multi switch.

Thanks though.

keep in mind the phase 3 dishes have a switch built in, up to four outputs.

bsic said:
keep in mind the phase 3 dishes have a switch built in, up to four outputs.

Yup already have phase 3 dish with 3 current receivers. Would need multi switch for 4 and 5 output to the Tivo. Thanks.

It's amazing what people can get from retention. Tonedef, when the installer calls you to schedule the appointment, make sure that you emphasize that you need an 8 output multiswitch. Mine showed up without one when I went through DirecTV for one of my DTivos.

Have fun making the choice between watching in HD and watching on your own schedule! I watched Lost on Saturday night in HD because I heard it looked so good. The commercials drove me crazy. If we could only get retention to start cutting deals for HDTivos!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RANT: D* only adding Spanish content, not English!? WTF!?

DirecTV D10 Recievers are warm to touch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)