Install Question

jimmck

Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
missouri
Just had 622 installed asked for 1000.2 dish I have a 1000 also have two 301's and a 211. Installer work order was 622 and dp34 which I already had.
I only wanted the 622 for 1 tv. Installer called dish but they wouldn't go for the 1000.2 dish. So installer ran the one cable to the 622. my question what limits
does setup put on the 622 in the single mode. no recording while watching another channel etc. Please help thanks.

How many receivers are active now? Does "So installer ran the one cable to the 622" mean a 2nd cable was added so the DP34 could be used, or do you mean only 1 tuner is connected? If the latter, that is not single mode, it is simply incorrect. Single mode means TV2 is tied to viewing the same thing as TV1, PIP modes are available, and you don't have to worry about Record Plus settings. Connecting just a single tuner can lead to unstable operation.

The 622 doesn't care if its 2 tuners are hooked up with 2 lines from the switch or just 1 using DishPro Plus (requires DPP switch and Separator). It can still record 2 satellite channels (both can be HD) and an OTA channel at once while you view 1 (single mode) or 2 (dual mode) previously recorded programs.

Thats the problem only one line from 34sw because I have two 301's and 211
active. As I see it Dish should have either installed a 44sw or installed a 1000.2 dish which I preferred and was told that was going to happen. The installer had to use the line from another room to get the receiver to do a check switch. I guess my next move is to give dish a call.

So you have two 301s, a 211, and now also a 622? Bad install for these 4 receivers. And really no point in your insisting on a 1000.2 as it only supports 3 receivers directly and would need an external switch(es) to add a 4th anyway.

4 ways this can be fixed:
  • Trunk a 2nd DP34 (not 34sw) to the 1st, run 2 lines to the 622 from one of them
  • Replace the DP34 with a DPP44 (not 44sw), use a DPP Separator behind the 622
  • Drop a 301, run its line from the DP34 to the 622 Sat2 input
  • Drop a 301, get the Dish 1000.2, use a DPP Separator behind the 622

Short story installer back on Wed. to fix problem, my bad yes dp34 and dpp44
not stupid just a long day, yesterday installer was suppost to be here 8:00am to 12:00 am he arrived 4:45pm. He didn't really want to do the install, didn,t have what he needed. Not only that I have been having the 211 dropping out
many times for about 3 weeks. The installer had to hard reset it after install.
Seems after L349 upgrade the problem started, Dish csr said they have reports of some 211's doing that. Will replace it if it continues. Thanks for the
replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts