Introducing Amiko A3

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You're giving me flashbacks to when I installed my Alien 2! The thing was flaky as hell the first time I turned it on -- and the next few times I rebooted it, too. Not moving the motor, not getting any signal when it WAS pointing the dish right, etc. I was really getting upset, when suddenly after one more reboot it started working normally. To this day I have don't know what the problem was, although I strongly suspect that the satellite/transponder list was somehow corrupted. I hope this isn't a sign of poor programming at whoever is responsible for the Spark OS!

Another thing I’ve found that is rather annoying is that when I try to select things in the configuration screen, I highlight them then press OK and it blinks and returns me back one level but does not actually change the setting. Sometimes I have to try and retry 10-12 times before it will actually change the thing I’m trying to change, such as 22khz on or off, motor type, etc..

Attachments

• IMG_1536.jpg
    IMG_1536.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_1537.jpg
    IMG_1537.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 166
I'm gonna let you guys work out all the bugs for me. Mine is still in the mail so I haven't received it, but shouldn't be more than a couple more days at most. I'll just wait a bit and see what happens...

I figure if Dee can get it working, I have a chance on figuring it out, lol. :raspberry :nana

I'm gonna let you guys work out all the bugs for me. Mine is still in the mail so I haven't received it, but shouldn't be more than a couple more days at most. I'll just wait a bit and see what happens...

I figure if Dee can get it working, I have a chance on figuring it out, lol. :raspberry :nana

For sure! I am without a doubt, the least qualified person here when it comes to this stuff.
And the quickest to throw a fit when I can’t get something to work because I have zero patience.
~I AM~ a red head so that tells you everything you need to know about why I flip out 37 times a day.
One thing about being a red head, I am also a hard head.

So there is a cycle of things.

1. WTF is this BS?
2. Why won’t this bloody work?
3. THIS THING IS BLOODY JUNK!!! (post on forum, p*ss everyone off)
4. Throw it in the junk box for a month.
5. Cool down.
6. Dig it back out and repeat 2-3 times.
7. More cursing and throwing tantrums.
8. Another cool down.
9. Plug it in and magically it works.
10. Success!

For me, the learning curve is more like a mountain of dumb that I have to climb first.

Another thing I’ve found that is rather annoying is that when I try to select things in the configuration screen, I highlight them then press OK and it blinks and returns me back one level but does not actually change the setting. Sometimes I have to try and retry 10-12 times before it will actually change the thing I’m trying to change, such as 22khz on or off, motor type, etc..

I could be wrong looking at your screencaps Dee_Ann but looks like it is in the follow through and commitment.

Let me try and duplicate your screens...

Your first picture shows this on 99W C-band.
GET%20SCREEN%20SHOT%200.83083075769325.jpg

What that shows is absolutely nothing other than the current set-state.

If I arrow over then select 22K ON like in the below screen then press OK key on the remote, it changes 22k from "off" to "on".

(Arrowing over one line then selecting ON)
GET%20SCREEN%20SHOT%200.5451487826053303.jpg

(22k on left now says ON)
GET%20SCREEN%20SHOT%200.17180067025858203.jpg

Even since the first factory production sample software this has always worked. I've tested extensively with Amiko Universal PLL set to 10600/22k "on" so I know for a fact it works. Never had to tell the A3 more than once to do it.

Joe, in a little bit I’ll set up my big camera and record a proper video where I can demonstrate what is happening. I was just being lazy and taking iPhone photos.

When I do arrow over to the right side where I can change the state between off or on, highlight one of the options then press OK, the screen behaves as if it recognizes my pressing the button but it does not change the state over on the left side. It very often takes me many repeated attempts before the state actually changes.

Is there some way to record the screen using the A3 itself? Like some Android app? I’m totally unfamiliar with Android so I really know nothing about the operating system.

What keyboard are you using when you do this? Perhaps there's some issue where the receiver is confused on what key is being pressed due to a specific model keyboard?

Is there a master reset to put it back to the way it was shipped? Something is whacked out on it and it’s once again refusing to move the USALS motor which was working fine earlier.
I just want it to be back like it was new out of the box so I can start over.

Never mind, I found it. Reset to factory defaults and starting over from scratch.

OMG. I broke it BAD... Now all the Amiko apps are missing.... PANIC!!!

It’s now defaulting to european stuff and no way to load the Amiko US things back in, it’s all missing now.

Yes, I am an idiot.

OMG. I broke it BAD... Now all the Amiko apps are missing.... PANIC!!!

It’s now defaulting to european stuff and no way to load the Amiko US things back in, it’s all missing now.

Yes, I am an idiot.

It seems to me that this post makes me now remember reading a post either here or at the Fridge in the distant past that mentioned NEVER to factory default a N.A. Amiko receiver.

Say what you will, but Dee posts everything that happens, AND how she got things fixed, and her posts do help others not make the same mistakes. She has a sort of a "bull in the china shop" method of operation... or is it more "Damn the torpedoes, FULL SPEED AHEAD"!

It seems to me that this post makes me now remember reading a post either here or at the Fridge in the distant past that mentioned NEVER to factory default a N.A. Amiko receiver.

Say what you will, but Dee posts everything that happens, AND how she got things fixed, and her posts do help others not make the same mistakes. She has a sort of a "bull in the china shop" method of operation... or is it more "Damn the torpedoes, FULL SPEED AHEAD"!

Right.. I am the example of what NOT TO DO.

Now I have totally ruined the A3, it’s not usable or fixable by me. I did not make a backup of it before I wiped it out and I have no way to put it back as it should be.

Now I will have to pay money to mail it back and forth for repair.

<blink>BECAUSE I AM A DUMB***</blink>

Well so far all I’ve been told is that I should have followed directions and backed it up first. Which I did not know about.

No one has told me what my options are.

I would assume that I could send it back for reloading / repair?

Yes? No? Or should I just f*** off and stare at my pretty little red brick / paperweight?

Satellite guys radio must be out in California getting high today lol.

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1408569446.013190.jpg

Loving the A3 remote so far!!! Got some noise not sure if that's the headphones or what yet.

Reactions: dougruss
In the picture it says satelliteguyshigh lol

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: Titanium
Status
Please reply by conversation.