iPhone 6S

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1444349509.233559.jpg
Like this.

Does your emergency address automatically change as you change to different wifi or do you need to manually change the address each time?

Today I've got three bars from AT&T and it's still showing the WiFi. Looks like it may be using WiFi no matter what cellular strength is. Don't know if I care as long as it works.

Thought I should point out while this thread is for the 6s, I'm on a 6.

Does enabling WiFi calling still disable Continuity? I like being able to answer my iPhone from my Mac, especially since my company started two-factor authentication on the VPN. They call my iPhone, I answer on my notebook, press the keys to put in my PIN, and complete the connection process without needing to access the phone. Slick!

Does enabling WiFi calling still disable Continuity? I like being able to answer my iPhone from my Mac, especially since my company started two-factor authentication on the VPN. They call my iPhone, I answer on my notebook, press the keys to put in my PIN, and complete the connection process without needing to access the phone. Slick!
Worked fine for me yesterday. Tested after upgrading my iMac to El Capitan.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Foxbat
Well, I just turned it on. Says it should be available in a few minutes.

Since I have three bars here at home, would I even notice it was on and available?

Will say your provider name then wifi.
I believe you'll have the same number of bars with or without it.

I have Mcell and have since disconnected. I find wifi calling works better. No delay for calling at all.

Last edited:
Wow. Just noticed, although I had a good signal, I now have two bars and "AT&T Wi-Fi." Must save them money, so long as we are within our caps. After- it costs US money!

After a week of having my iPhone 6S Plus I have decided to return it to Apple.

Other than the finger print reader being fast (too fast in my opinion... I keep missing alerts because I go to check them and it logs me into the phone.

I feel that the 3D touch is a gimmick, and haven't found it useful. To me it's just a long press, not some new technological innovation.

To me the camera appears almost the same if not just a hair worse then the camera on the iPhone 6 Plus. I played with the 4K video but the files were way to big and took forever to upload to Youtube so I could actually see them in 4K.

Overall use to me is really no different than the iPhone 6 Plus I had before, so since money is tight and the holidays are coming I think can find a better use of $800.

If you are thinking from going from a 6 to a 6S you are better off waiting for the 7 next year.

Touch ID is extremely fast, but I'll take it compared with its earlier incarnations. The camera is very good. I. Think the benefit is the extra 4mp allows some zoom without horrible results. I also like the touch 3D but think it's early to see its uses. In apple mail it is quite useful.

But I did t spend money on a plus either. So. Counter argument. :)

They came out with a Jailbreak yesterday that enables most ofthe features of the 6S on a 6. Including 3D Touch and Live Photos. Unless 3D Touch starts doing something neat I am going to hold off Jailbreaking my iPhone. http://9to5mac.com/2015/10/15/live-photos-3d-touch-shortcuts-older-iphones/

As far as the camera being better, that could all be in your mind because the specs sound better but in tests the camera ranked the same in tests (and in some cases a little worse then the camera in the iPhone 6) http://9to5mac.com/2015/10/14/iphone-6s-camera-dxomark/

If there is one gimmick, it is live photos. I thought touch 3D required the hardware of the 6s/6splus? Interesting.

I get that from a 6plus to a 6splus a $800 upgrade is probably not worth it. BUT I needed to get my wife out of the 5s, and into a 6, and thus for me the apple upgrade program for the 6s was well worth it. In a year, I'll have a 7. But I do think the 6s is lightning fast, and I have been very pleased with it.

But the article you cite on the camera refers to problems in low light. NO camera with a sensor as small as on a smart phone is going to do extremely well in low light. BUT in outdoor photography, the 6s really soars. Is it revolutionary? No. Is it a big improvement, yes. As far as 4k video, I have never turned it on.

My point is that for anyone unhappy with the upgrade, there are others who are pleased. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)