Just ordered HR24

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Its usualy pot luck in my area. Thats what worries me.

I have protection plan..No guarantees that if one of my two HR24s have issues
I will get an HR24 in return.

Fingers crossed.

Normally, if you have trouble with a recvr they try to replace it like for like.

Recieved an email from amazon, its on its way but not untill the 28th :(:(

Hopefully it will be here a bit sooner!

Whoo Hoo!! Checked UPS tracking looks like its on its way today!! Looking foward to it!!!

Thanks not to often that we get excited over equipnment for Direct

But the past couple years it's been getting better. SWM was big, MRV is huge, and the 24 series is where it's at.

Hopefully this time next year we're talking about the HMC30, we'll see.

Jason Crandall said:
But the past couple years it's been getting better. SWM was big, MRV is huge, and the 24 series is where it's at.

Hopefully this time next year we're talking about the HMC30, we'll see.

What is the HMC30?

HMC30 is a home media server type product they are developing. It is speculated to have several tuners and a big hard drive, essentially one DVR for the whole house and small client boxes at each tv. Could even be the client box don't need sat tuners if they design it that way, or it could be something like an H24 using the MRV technology. Cost wise I think they are working to centeralize all the sat equipment in one box with many tuners, and just have a client box at each TV. This is still quite a ways off, and very few details right now, mostly speculation.

HMC30 is a home media server type product they are developing. It is speculated to have several tuners and a big hard drive, essentially one DVR for the whole house and small client boxes at each tv. Could even be the client box don't need sat tuners if they design it that way, or it could be something like an H24 using the MRV technology. Cost wise I think they are working to centeralize all the sat equipment in one box with many tuners, and just have a client box at each TV. This is still quite a ways off, and very few details right now, mostly speculation.

If so, then that unit was talked about almost 5 years ago.

If so, then that unit was talked about almost 5 years ago.

Yup, CES about 2006 !

Ok, hooked up the HR 24 and one word, WOW

Night and day difference from there previous HDDVR's!!

First,size-Its compact and looks Modern, like something from 2010 not 1983-Its not that large boxy look the other recievers have

Second, Speed-what a diffrence to scrooll through channels at light speed and change channels at light speed!

My only regret-That I did not get two at the same time-In a few months for sure get another one for my other room,using the old HDDVR's just isnt right:D

Directv I know advertising recievers is not your thing but do it, get the word out!!

Cool SatJay. I thought about a second unit but my existing HR20's are acting more like back end DVRs to do the recording and the playing is handled on my HR24. I got an H24 for outside and it plays the recorded shows off the old slow HR20's pretty well. But I agree, the HR24 is finally a respectful DVR worthy of its praise.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts