KATZ and Bounce agree with Nexstar on multi deal launch

Hum seems that Grit, Laff, and Escape's websites aren't up to date with all the Nexstar stations that are getting them just saying and there is no definitive date of the actual launch of all these channels getting these networks...

Hum seems that Grit, Laff, and Escape's websites aren't up to date with all the Nexstar stations that are getting them just saying and there is no definitive date of the actual launch of all these channels getting these networks...

Bounce either. I have sent an email to my local Nexstar stations asking when the new channels will launch. Since I sent it yesterday after normal business hours, I obviously haven't heard back. Hopefully they do next week and will post what they say.

Bounce either. I have sent an email to my local Nexstar stations asking when the new channels will launch. Since I sent it yesterday after normal business hours, I obviously haven't heard back. Hopefully they do next week and will post what they say.
According to someone off the Tee Vee Guyd FB page he received info from engineers from some Nexstar markets saying these networks are'nt gong to be added until late August/Early September.

I didnt want to start a new thread so I'll post this here since we are mostly dealing with Katz networks. Since Katz/Bounce launched this blockbuster deal with Nexstar/MG it looks like alot of markets will have 6 networks over the air (Antenna, This, Me, Grit, Laff, Escape, Bounce) well 8 when you combine the 194 between Get and Comet.

Antenna currently has 137 Markets (that went up from the big Sinclair, Red River, Hubbard agreement last year)
Bounce has 123 including the future nexstar launches and the addition of WLEX
Escape has 127 including the future nexstar launches and the addition of KVOA and possibly a Lafayette LA Market soon
Grit has 139 which would push it to the second most launched network next to me including nexstar launches and KATC :)
Laff has 119 including the future nexstar launches and maybe a couple of other stations maybe
MeTV has the most with 197.
This TV dropped but still has a respectable 117 which includes two newbies from Eastern South Dakota soon
The last breaking 100 is Comet at 101 which look for that to be break into one of the bigger media groups like Nexstar soon

The Rest of the networks run around 19 The Works, 51 affiliates Buzzr, Decades 54, H&I 63, Movies 71, Cozi 86, and Get at 93 (blockbuster deal with MG last year)

So it looks like most mid major markets will have 5 to 7 sub antenna networks to watch when all this is done by September.
Ok Most of the under 100 networks seem to be in largely populated markets so their numbers are high in that part because alot of their affiliates are the NYC, Philly, Houston, Chicago, etc.

So what's next will some of these lesser affiliated markets go to Nexstar, Sinclair, Hearst, Gray, Cordillera, etc or will the owners of these (under 100 affiliate networks ) just find stations here and there to launch. I'm fixing to have 3 or more (Grit, Laff, and whatever Delta Media launches), personally I'd take the rest that's not available to me now because it would give me a more variety but the ones I have now (Grit, Get, MeTV, ThisTV, H&I, Antenna, with a future launch or two from the old CW affiliate, another grit, and a laff from our old NBC affiliate out of Baton Rouge)

What yall think...:)

I didnt want to start a new thread so I'll post this here since we are mostly dealing with Katz networks. Since Katz/Bounce launched this blockbuster deal with Nexstar/MG it looks like alot of markets will have 6 networks over the air (Antenna, This, Me, Grit, Laff, Escape, Bounce) well 8 when you combine the 194 between Get and Comet.

Antenna currently has 137 Markets (that went up from the big Sinclair, Red River, Hubbard agreement last year)
Bounce has 123 including the future nexstar launches and the addition of WLEX
Escape has 127 including the future nexstar launches and the addition of KVOA and possibly a Lafayette LA Market soon
Grit has 139 which would push it to the second most launched network next to me including nexstar launches and KATC :)
Laff has 119 including the future nexstar launches and maybe a couple of other stations maybe
MeTV has the most with 197.
This TV dropped but still has a respectable 117 which includes two newbies from Eastern South Dakota soon
The last breaking 100 is Comet at 101 which look for that to be break into one of the bigger media groups like Nexstar soon

The Rest of the networks run around 19 The Works, 51 affiliates Buzzr, Decades 54, H&I 63, Movies 71, Cozi 86, and Get at 93 (blockbuster deal with MG last year)

So it looks like most mid major markets will have 5 to 7 sub antenna networks to watch when all this is done by September.
Ok Most of the under 100 networks seem to be in largely populated markets so their numbers are high in that part because alot of their affiliates are the NYC, Philly, Houston, Chicago, etc.

So what's next will some of these lesser affiliated markets go to Nexstar, Sinclair, Hearst, Gray, Cordillera, etc or will the owners of these (under 100 affiliate networks ) just find stations here and there to launch. I'm fixing to have 3 or more (Grit, Laff, and whatever Delta Media launches), personally I'd take the rest that's not available to me now because it would give me a more variety but the ones I have now (Grit, Get, MeTV, ThisTV, H&I, Antenna, with a future launch or two from the old CW affiliate, another grit, and a laff from our old NBC affiliate out of Baton Rouge)

What yall think...:)

Um.. What?

Hey does any of you that live in Markets that have Nexstar stations getting Bounce, Grit, Laff, Escape know if those sub networks target date is Aug 1. I emailed, fb messaged, called WVLA and have not gotten any response. Didnt wanna bother them this weekend after we lost 3 fine officers to a sniper on the 17. Any info appreciated thanks always guys

According to rabbit ears, we are gonna get Escape and Laff coming soon.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk
yes WMBD was part of that 81 station 130 channel blockbuster agreement between katz and Nexstar that was announced June 15. WVLA BAton Rouge is Getting Laff (I can get eventhough I live 66 miles from the City). Several Markets are getting 2 to 4 of the Katz Stations because they have 2 nexstar affiliates in the DMA. I see you have have GetTV and Comet in your market but no grit and one of your NBC station has no subnetworks (Quincy). Hopefully August 1st they'll launch.

Actually we will lose comet on the 1st as our abc and cw was bought by the owners of our nbc station. Quincy media is the new owners

The studios are massive it can easily fit two stations. The previous owner Granite did not want to spend any money. Quincy is pretty much rebuilding the station from the inside. WEEK will debut its new HD set on Monday. Its first set change in about 15 yrs. ABC affliate is getting a set change too.

Reactions: localclassictvfan