KATZ and Bounce agree with Nexstar on multi deal launch

Actually we will lose comet on the 1st as our abc and cw was bought by the owners of our nbc station. Quincy media is the new owners

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk
Not anytime soon. When Sinclair launched Comet on WHOI DT3 in 2014 that has to stay honored till either the contract runs out and they don't renew it or someone else buys the station. Hopefully WHOI DT1 becomes an independent station and Comet stays and moves to DT2 then add whatever else Sinclair has contracts with.....

I had posted earlier that some nexstar stations were mentioned to get Kats sub networks but none were posted on Rabbitears, seems progress is being made, Quad Cities is getting all 4 with WHBF getting Grit/Escape and the CW affiliate getting Laff and Bounce......Still waiting for Alexandria/Monroe/Lafayette Louisiana and WANE and a few others but looks like Grit may catch up with MeTV before its all over...

Hopefully METV. Comet streams online. So it would not be a major loss.

Actually MeTV would make a better DT1 on WHOI than Comet.....When we lost our CW to KATC in Lafayette (2010) about a year later we were lucky to be one of the first besides the Hearst Corporation (WDSU, WMTW, WESH, etc) to have Me outside Chicago and it has found a Home on KLWB 50.1, best move Delta Media has ever Made.

Not anytime soon. When Sinclair launched Comet on WHOI DT3 in 2014 that has to stay honored till either the contract runs out and they don't renew it or someone else buys the station. Hopefully WHOI DT1 becomes an independent station and Comet stays and moves to DT2 then add whatever else Sinclair has contracts with.....
Theres gonna be a 60 day transition period.

Reactions: localclassictvfan
No launch yet on WVLA (Laff), however there are still some Nexstar Stations that are on the LIST to get these networks that don't have anything yet i.e. Monroe and Alexandria La., hopefully by Sept. 1

No launch yet on WVLA (Laff), however there are still some Nexstar Stations that are on the LIST to get these networks that don't have anything yet i.e. Monroe and Alexandria La., hopefully by Sept. 1

WFFF and WVNY in Burlington, VT haven't added theirs yet either. My emails are not returned.

Sept 1st is when we are getting the channels. Confirmed by WMBD GM in a interview with our local paper.

Awesome cant wait to at least get LAFF (I have Grit though my local ABC and the SWLA NBC affiliate but Escape is on a lp station that Raycom launched it on boo........., I read a quote from KOZL Springfield the date above is official Thanks.....

http://www.yourerie.com/news/local-news/4-new-tv-stations-coming-to-erie-market
This was posted on there website today for the Nextar owned and run WJET (abc) and WXFP (fox)
Northwestern Pennsylvania is getting four more television channels.

JET 24 and Fox 66 are happy to announce these four new channels are coming to your TV Sept. 1.

Our parent company Nexstar Broadcasting will begin offering the LAFF Network, which is the nation's first broadcast channel dedicated to comedy.

You'll find it at 24.2 on your TV dial.

Also, coming is the ESCAPE television channel, which is the country's first television network dedicated to women. And it will be at 24.3 on your TV.

“JET 24 is dedicated to anticipating the evolving needs and serving the interests of our local community. The upcoming launch of LAFF and ESCAPE reflect our commitment to providing local viewers with additional compelling entertainment choices and community-focused content that is complementary to our station’s existing local news and other exclusive local and network-affiliated programming,” Stephen Freifeld, Vice President and General Manager of WJET-TV said.

Also airing in the Erie TV market will be the GRIT TV channel, thanks to Mission Broadcasting, which owns WFXP FOX 66.

It is the nation's first network dedicated to bold and legendary action heroes. It will be at 66.2.

And in addition, America's first African American channel, BOUNCE TV will be available at 66.3

“Mission and the dedicated teams at WFXP-TV have a strong history of serving the needs of the viewers and communities in Erie. Our plans to introduce 2 new channels will expand and further diversify our local and network-affiliated programming with new exciting content choices for the benefit of local viewers and we look forward to the debut of GRIT and BOUNCE TV in September,” Dennis P. Thatcher, President and Chief Operating Officer of Mission Broadcasting, Inc. said.

These additions reflect Nexstar and Mission Broadcasting's commitment to broadcasting excellence for local viewers and advertisers.

Last edited:
I was watching TV when I flipped through some channels in my area only to find that WFRV's Bounce digital subchannel is finally on the air. I wonder if sister station WJMN is following suit...

WFRV (Green Bay, Wisconsin) and WJMN (Marquette, Michigan) are both semi-satellite CBS affiliates owned by Nexstar that share above all things, graphics and logo designs, as well as news presentations from two different geographical locations.

We'll see how many of them they actually add. I've asked for a list but have yet to receive one. I'm making some educated guesses at this point.

- Trip
WJET (abc) 24.1 Laff 24.2 Escape 24.3
WFXP (fox) 66.1 Grit 66.2 Bounce 66.3
This is for the Erie,Pa. market the sub channels were added today, 8-26-2016

WTAJ (CBS) 10.1 added Escape 10.2 and LAFF 10.3 here in the Johnstown/Altoona market. WTAJ will also be adding Grit down the road that is currently on WJAC 6.4

Alexandria Louisiana's WNTZ FOX 48 just received some new subs
48.2 Bounce
48.3 Escape
48.4 Laff

I wonder if Nexstar will launch Katz networks on KLAF/KADN in Lafayette before the sale to Bayou City Broadcasting in complete....

Not sure when they appeared, but a re-scan today brought up some changes here in Grand Junction, CO

RF 15:
4.1: KFQX-HD FOX
4.2: KREY-SD CBS
4.3: Escape
4.4: Grit

RF 2:
5.1 KREX-HD CBS
5.2 Laff
5.3 KGJT-HD MyTV
5.4: Bounce

At this point we've got all the standard locals and most of the diginets. ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, PBS, Create, MeTV, MyTV, Grit, Laff, Escape, Movies!, Bounce, Antenna TV, Cozi... I think the ion mux and Luken mux would just about do it.

Reactions: towerdude