Keep my locals after move?

jcoppola

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Charleston, SC
I am moving to Nashville TN temporarily for 10 months. I am still under a lease agreemnet on my 622 so I don't want to cancel the service and pay a fee. If I use dish mover and install the equipment there will they let me keep my Boston locals if I am moving back in a year?

You can switch the locals to Nashville, then back to Boston when you move back.Or you can shut off Boston and turn them back on when you return. The Local package is not part of your contract agreement, but there will be a $5 downgrade fee should you shut them off.

I recently moved to Nashville and moved Dish and my 622 with me. I used an OTA Antenna in Utah which worked well, but I cannot get it to work as well out here as the Local TV Ground transmitters are all on separate ends of the valley. Nashville has a lot of hills and trees which also make it difficult to keep a steady signal. My installer said that there were switch problems when my networks were set to SLC after he setup the new dish here. SLC is CONUS and I did not believe him, but that was his hypothesis.

If you use Dish Mover, they'll know your new address and won't allow you to have Boston locals. If you can install your own dish, do that, and don't tell Dish you've moved. You can update your billing address or even easier, just switch to paperless billing (auto-pay).

Boston's SD locals are on 110' (there's one independant channel on 119' but you'll get it anyway with a Dish 500 or 1000) and the HD locals are on 61.5. I presume you have (2) dishes today ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)