Kijiji, eBay, and Craigslist dishes for you to take a look at

Satellite Dish - $100 (knoxville) Tenn
"6' diameter Satellite Dish NEW old Stock............. 2 Steel ....... 4 pvc
100.00 ea or best offer"
http://tricities.craigslist.org/mat/5771647605.html

tenn.jpg tenn2.jpg

Large Satellite Dish & Receiver Minn
"Free large dish in excellent condition, mounting pole, and almost new receiver. The dish is mounted and will need to be removed and will likely require several individuals to assist. Once dish has been successfully removed the receiver (DSR-922 General Instrument) with C/Ku bands will be given to you. Please do not ask for the receiver before taking down the dish."
< No Photo >
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/zip/5770895256.html

No, don't think that will happen... He is a level-headed guy that likes the idea that I will be doing most of the work! Will be able to drive right up to the dish in the back pasture with the 4x4 truck and "sneak" home on I-80 with just a wee bit of overhang.! LOL

Bartering for another used non-pen mount and have scheduled the building engineer to visit and approve a 2nd roof location. Will do all the restoration, arc alignment and testing on the ground in the parking lot then hire the boom crane to lift with ballast and drop in place like the last dish a few years ago. Photos will follow the progress. Any recommendations for a controller?:D

IMG_1475360204.279953.jpg

Beautiful fall day for the drive. On the road before 8am and drove along the east shore of Lake Tahoe and dropped into Carson City on Hwy 50. Arrived around 10am and the owner already had disassembled the dish and waiting by the gate with bolts in a ziplock and ready to load! Reflector surface is in great shape with only lip bends outside the parabola. Not sure if I will keep it or swap to a Winegard Pinnacle perforated.

Used an 18v Dewalt battery to drive the mount to the end so it would fit under the reflector sitting on the bed rails. 10 minutes later we were strapped down and back on the road! :)

Decided to stay on a multi lane freeway for trip home, so drove north to Reno and took I-80 through the Sierras. The Aspens are just starting to color and it was a beautiful drive with zero events! BTW... Got better gas mileage with the reflector in the bed! :D

IMG_1475359995.368353.jpg

Last edited: