Kijiji, eBay, and Craigslist dishes for you to take a look at

10 and 7.5 foot dishes - $150 - Wendover Ontario

$_27.JPG

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-video-tv-acc...sh/1185582109?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

sgs

The rare BirdView 10' perforated

You think so? I can't tell for sure but it appears to be the same as my 8'-6 BV perf (just trying to visually "scale" the distance from the feed support attachment to the edge of the dish).

And (minor point), I think the rare BVs that were bigger than the very common 8'-6ers are 9'-6.

I know "radio" is from MI, maybe he can go get it and measure it...and then deliver it to MO or MT from MI? ;)

Reactions: hank123
You think so? I can't tell for sure but it appears to be the same as my 8'-6 BV perf (just trying to visually "scale" the distance from the feed support attachment to the edge of the dish).

And (minor point), I think the rare BVs that were bigger than the very common 8'-6ers are 9'-6.

I know "radio" is from MI, maybe he can go get it and measure it...and then deliver it to MO or MT from MI? ;)
I have the mount for one of the big perfs. The dish was damaged when someone tried to crush a 55 gallon drum with it. I think that is when the motor armature overheated and went out too. It is laying face down in the grass and I did not accurately measure it, but it has to be at least 9.5' or more. But I am thinking about flipping it over and see if I might straighten it to work again.
DodgeDish 012.JPG DodgeDish 011.JPG

Reactions: phlatwound
I have the mount for one of the big perfs. The dish was damaged when someone tried to crush a 55 gallon drum with it. I think that is when the motor armature overheated and went out too. It is laying face down in the grass and I did not accurately measure it, but it has to be at least 9.5' or more. But I am thinking about flipping it over and see if I might straighten it to work again.

Ouch, that's a shame to see one of those beauties damaged.

AKAIK the H-H mounts (after a certain point) were the same for all the BVs (solid/perf/whatever diameter) but I could be all wet on that.

I would be very interested in a good measurement on that dish you have. I have only verified the existence of 1-9'-6 BV dish, and it was a solid.

Got to be more out there though...somewhere.

There seems to be a lack of good info on these dishes. At one time I posted to the Wichita, KS Craigslist just looking for ex-employees to chat with but drew a blank there.

Hope you have one of the big ones and you can straighten it, that would make a killer combo C/Ku dish with the right gear fitted.

Edit: I did some digging in my "archives" and I was wrong (as usual!), BV DID list a 10' perf in their sales literature.

Magic, you may have the Holy Grail (in my book) of the 10' perfs! :cool:

Reactions: Magic Static
View attachment 121324 View attachment 121325

Birdview 2028 is not 9.6 feet. If I was I would of snagged the one I posted here

Birdview 2028 is not 9.6 feet. If I was I would of snagged the one I posted here
I have seen that model number on other BV dishes too. It makes me wonder if there is some significance to the number at all. The mount has a Model MM 20/20 on the tag. The motor is a 1/10hp 167:1 gear ratio VonWeise.

After looking at the dish above from the Gov auction, I think it is a prime focus dish but someone distorted the picture to make it look goofy. It looks like it breaks down into three pieces? I couldn't find other pics on the internet.

This MAY be the same dish,except it has 4 lnb rods instead of 3. @ http://www.satellitedish.com/page-6.htm

(Many older dishes on that site.)

5.0 meter Comtech Antenna

The 5.0 meter inclined orbit antenna system utilizes a dual axis polar mount to accommodate both inclined and geostationary orbit satellites. Designed for C and Ku receive operations, the system can be used for either U.S. domestic or international reception.

Price $7800.00