L.A. and NYC Locals.....Yea baby

johnnytuinals

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
Poconos
I live in the Poconos Pa. area and i bought my Receiver from Radio shack and told dish that i am at my vactaion house in L.A. and wanted service lol...Yep they turned me on at $10.99 a month.
They told me that they can give me the America 60s for $19.99 a month with Scranton local stations. at my house in the Poconos for a YEAR and a free HD receiver and Super Dish installed free along with 6 months of free HD programing(the receier I have to give back if i ever cancel)....
I really wanted the NYC locals and not the Scranton locals.
I waited a week and told them that i moved to NYC because i broke up with the wife lol and was it ok for me to get the NYC locals since i am not in PA anymore and i told them i have a Dish in NYC to get dishtv and would it be a problem.Not at all dish said.
So now i am kinda lucky getting both east and west coast LOCALS with free install of a superdish and proraming for a year,after the year i will down grade and just get the Locals.......Johnny

Dune said:
So you are basically proud because you're cheating and stealing from Dish Network?
He's cheating not stealing. One can also use the moble home excuse because the auto search dish antenna is only capabile of 119 and 110 satellites. So those people are entitled to national locals.

When you told them you moved from LA to NYC, you should have lost the LA stations ... eventually they will catch this and you will have NYC only.

before they moved everything to spot beams, i had tampa locals while living in chicago. i consider it cheating, but not stealing since i was paying for them.

Dune said:
So you are basically proud because you're cheating and stealing from Dish Network?

You are the kind of person I don't need.

Hey I would do the same thing. Cable and Satellite are rip-offs anyway. What choice do we have though. It's basically pick which company will screw you- Direct, Dish, Comcast, Charter,Adelphia,etc.

I am not stealing programing.
I just wanted the L.A. locals for $10.99 a month because i enjoy the Police car chases that they have over there.And told them that i had a house there as a vacation place and just need the locals only...
They told me since its only a vacation place would i like to get the ameracas 60 with the Scranton Pa locals{Poconos area).for $19.99 a month for a year and they will install a superdish and loan me a HD receiver and also give me HD programing for 6 months free.....Not a bad deal i thought since i was thinking of BUYING a new dish receiver at radio shack and felt maybe another $10.99 for the new locals would be good to have and enjoyform NYC..
But since Dish wanted to give me the $19.99 a month with Locals how can i go wrong for a year.....So i waited a week and said i brokeup with my wife and moved to NYC,And dish gave me their locals.....
1 Maybe I lied a bit to get the L.A. Locals but i am paying $10.99 for it
2 well maybe i lied a bit about moving to NYC but I am still paying for a years of dish service at $19.99 a month,,,,,
I felt if someone came out and installed the Dish and if i bought another dish receiver and the Install. it would cost me over $300.
By dish coming and giving me the receiver and Programing and free install,i feel that i am way ahead....And after a year when my contact is up i will only want the NYC locals ,so i will downgrade a bit...Now i am able to watch L.A. car chases and NY JETS football with 2 receivers in 1 house......Johnny

While I don't agree with it, I don't consider it stealing. He is paying fair money for it and I think that is fine. It's not like he's the first to do it. I know of many people who "move" to a different DMA to get different channels, but they all pay for it.

naaa don't have a wife......Thats why i can afford to buy new toys....cannot wait till i get my 2006 Mustang Gt......Wondering if i tell dish that i am going to use the stang as a RV would they let me have all the other locals that i am missing ...I can try and sleep in the back of the stang to prove that i will use it as a rv lol.Johnny

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)