Last & Next Movie Watched

This is pretty close to the cell I have, a good one imho...
Murph.jpg

Reactions: gadgtfreek
I saw a lot of negative reviews on Netflix about it, and some were the very end. I loved the ending.
It sum'd his character up perfectly and what he "wanted" to do in life. The cornfields weren't it. Helluva pilot too and I loved the robots.

I thought it was a very emotional movie, and the score helped that along. I found myself really caring about the characters.

I just picked up the Interstellar blu-ray from my local video store so I'll be watching that tonight too. It's been a long time since I've had something to crank the surround sound up for so I'm looking forward to it.
I wonder how my subwoofer will be able to handle it. I remember in both theaters the sound systems had a truly hard time. At one moment I thought the ceiling was about to fall! :D

I wonder how my subwoofer will be able to handle it. I remember in both theaters the sound systems had a truly hard time. At one moment I thought the ceiling was about to fall! :D

For me, with the 2 15's, it really reminded me of Tron Legacy where it was dynamic, but not the most accurate or tight bass ever. Still doesnt take away from the fact the score fully engages you. Lot of low LFE, especially during space, where all I really noticed was my fireplace rattling apart.

reminded me of Tron Legacy where it was dynamic, but not the most accurate or tight bass ever.
I love the LFE action in Tron Legacy! Still one of my favorite demos! I agree, the sound is not very accurate, too artificial I think. But boy, it gets under the skin!

Just finished watching Interstellar. The more I watch it the more I like it. I think it's one of the best Sci-Fi movies in recent years! I like it a lot!

Just finished watching Interstellar. The more I watch it the more I like it. I think it's one of the best Sci-Fi movies in recent years! I like it a lot!

I just finished it too. It's one of those movies I was still thinking about after the credits rolled.

Reactions: dfergie
Last: Interstellar

That was like the Coca-Cola 600. Start when it's light outside, finish at night. Really good. All I can say about the audio is wow. Watched downstairs with the new Wharfedales. Those things went deep.

Next:???

S~

After looking at a couple of sample "spoiler" timelines, and rewatching it helps a bit. Enjoyed it the second time more I think.

I do have one grip, and Nolan and Zimmer did it on purpose per Nolan. In a few of the hectic scenes, the score (organs or whatever) kinda kills dialogue. But it was intentional.

Yes, it was intentional. The way Nolan explained it, he wanted to keep it real and he wanted the dialog to be just a sound effect in some scenes.
I finished watching all the extras last night. Very interesting! Helps better understand the concept and appreciate all the work that was put in this movie.

For me, Interstellar is not a traditional movie. It's more like an experience. And it appeals to so many different senses, gets you at so many different levels! Just amazing!

Reactions: long_time_DNC
2 Fast 2 Furious ... watched the original over the weekend on TNT, thought we could get them all watched and see 7 before I went back to work, didn't happen.
I guess I only watched the first one when it came out as I don't remember 2. (saw Tokyo Drift, when it came out, wasn't impressed)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts