Lifetime Ala Carte?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm think chris has it..everybody's happy ...make that call today folks...what else can Lifetime do?? Thats a pretty good offer for Lifetime, they claim big viewership, prove it! I hope this happens!! this could be a great experience...for everybody!

ats7627 said:
It's an assault on all things female, of course Lifetime will make a movie about it.
Let's see now: "Haunted by an Echo" or maybe: "The damage this Dish has done".

How about Lifetime's first WWF event, "Charlie vs The Women of the US".

Obviously this can't happen...it would set a bad prescedent that both DirecTv and cable companies would demand also.

I wonder if those in this forum who have taken this with such a cavalier attitude would have done the same if this were ESPN? I don't watch ESPN so I'd be perfectly happy to give it up and reduce my bill by a few bucks a month.

some may consider Charlie sly as a fox for making this move, but I think he is just making resolution more difficult and will, ultimately, cost Dish customers because of his own arrogance.

So Dish Network would pay Lifetime for the channel if anybody calls in and requests it. Sounds very clever on Charlie's part. Lifetime will then put it to press why they would not add it for everybody but just those that call in. This could give Charlie bad press or Lifetime bad press if they pass this up. Or is Charlie offering to add the channel for free if they are not charged for it to make Lifetime look bad?

Why don't they give a alacarte price on all channels so we could all pick what we want? A Ala Carte or 180, 120, 60 or Family. That would make us all happy. I don't have kids... so drop that. Don't need MTV. Don't need Food. Don't need a bunch of the stuff I get because what I want is only in the 180 package.

How about all 3 Lifetime channels plus a new 4th one (maybe in HD).

You cant have a Premiem package with only 3 channels, seems so wrong.

Call it Lifetime Movie package (for only $1 a month). 76 cent actualy cost plus 24 cent admin costs for dish to make the and admin the new teir.

Dish are you listening to your customers, the wife would be happy with this package.

ScottChez said:
How about all 3 Lifetime channels plus a new 4th one (maybe in HD).
You cant have a Premiem package with only 3 channels, seems so wrong.
Call it Lifetime Movie package (for only $1 a month). 76 cent actualy cost plus 24 cent admin costs for dish to make the and admin the new teir.
Dish are you listening to your customers, the wife would be happy with this package.

It will be free of charge, at least that is what E* is proposing. I thought at first Lifetime would refuse due to an extra charge, but if all you gotta do is call and request it and get it for free, I see no reason why Lifetime wouldn't accept this.

Dish will pay the price Lifetime is asking per subscriber that calls in to ask for the channel. The customer that calls in would not pay any more than had they not called in.

Subscribers that DO NOT call, would not get Lifetime, but Dish would not have to pay lifetime for these "non-subscribers"

Now how fair is that???? Cool

See ya
Tony

I think that would be fair but Lifetime would ask why not give it to all subscribers? Lifetime would want carriage for all Dish Network subscribers for advertising revenue and carriage revenue.

TNGTony said:
Dish will pay the price Lifetime is asking per subscriber that calls in to ask for the channel. The customer that calls in would not pay any more than had they not called in.
Subscribers that DO NOT call, would not get Lifetime, but Dish would not have to pay lifetime for these "non-subscribers"
Now how fair is that???? Cool
See ya
Tony

In other words, Lifetime can't charge Dish if Dish doesn't charge customers for the service. :cool: In other words if Lifetime wants to be put back on and paid they would have to go to an a la carte setting and be paid per person? :confused: have I read this right?

I understand. It will be available to all AT60 subscribers. They just have to ask for it! I would want more cash as well, but if I am offered the price I quoted for any subscriber that asks and they do not have to pay anything extra. The only so-called inconvenience is they have to call.

See ya
Tony

cablewithaview said:
In other words, Lifetime can't charge Dish if Dish doesn't charge customers for the service. :cool: In other words if Lifetime wants to be put back on and paid they would have to go to an a la carte setting and be paid per person? :confused: have I read this right?

I guess you can call it a la carte. But the a la carte subscription price for AT60 and higher subscribers is $0 a month. The lifetime package costs the subscribers $0 above the price of AT60 or higher as it is now. The subscriber pays $0 for this channel. The only thing they have to do is ask for the channel.

Dish will pay Lifetime EXACTLY WHAT THEY ASKED FOR per subscriber that actually subscribes to Lifetime for $0 additional a month.

HOW IN HEAVEN"S NAME IS THIS NOT FAIR?

See ya
Tony

cablewithaview said:

Dish is saying we will pay you what you are asking per sub for Lifetime for every subscriber that asks for Lifetime. I really hope they accept this deal, my wife is starting to get a little irritated at no Lifetime again. I thought she had forgotten it, but I was wrong.

Since LMN is already 'stand alone' in that they only package 3 channels, a $2 fee for lifetime from those who want it works for me. $2 less in increases or $2 worth of other channels I'll get.

And this will help push the a la carte idea in congress. Charlie is playing chess here, and he's winning...

TNGTony said:
I guess you can call it a la carte. But the a la carte subscription price for AT60 and higher subscribers is $0 a month. The lifetime package costs the subscribers $0 above the price of AT60 or higher as it is now. The subscriber pays $0 for this channel. The only thing they have to do is ask for the channel.
Dish will pay Lifetime EXACTLY WHAT THEY ASKED FOR per subscriber that actually subscribes to Lifetime for $0 additional a month.
HOW IN HEAVEN"S NAME IS THIS NOT FAIR?
See ya
Tony

Dish shouldn't have used "ala carte" in their wording, because it leads one to think of an extra fee. Other than that, this is a very very fair deal for both sides, and Lifetime should accept it. There can be no more complaining about "Dish wanting to cut our rates" if Lifetime refuses this one, should be interesting.

i say screw charlie and his tactics

it must be hurting him now

if he wants to really fight why doesn't he take ads all over usa like lifetime
he uses this forum to send info and for us to support him ..yeah right...
it's a loose loose situation for D*

they continue to loose subs, they gain nothing out of this.

also make everything available ALACARTE and see how many channels your subs will keep......

you failed to understand the power of women they never forget....

Can you see it now? Lifetime calls up every Dish Network subscriber to get them to call Dish Network up to add the Lifetime channel.

Stargazer said:
Can you see it now? Lifetime calls up every Dish Network subscriber to get them to call Dish Network up to add the Lifetime channel.

Except for that wonderful thing called the Do Not Call List. I have no relationship with them and they are not a designated charity so they cannot legally call me. If you haven't signed up you should put all your phone numbers on the list:

www.donotcall.gov

I hope this isn't out of place here. If a mod doesn't want it here please feel free to delete!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts