Looking to grow the dish farm

Status
Please reply by conversation.
"Well, I just placed the order for 2 more of those GeoSatPro dishes with the PLL LNBF's."

Can't go wrong with these, I have two of them as well, same source.

It is also a good idea to have at least one motorized 1.2m or larger Ku dish for those hard to p/u signals...

Reactions: TheHamNerd
"Well, I just placed the order for 2 more of those GeoSatPro dishes with the PLL LNBF's."

It is also a good idea to have at least one motorized 1.2m or larger Ku dish for those hard to p/u signals...

It's definitely a mistake not to have at least one 1.2m or larger Ku dish.

I encounter feeds that are not strong enough for my 90cm Geosatpro antenna to lock all the time.

The performance gain from a 90cm -> 120cm dish is quite large.

Sweet. Since I understand you´re interested in international news, my hunch is that you will aim one at 97w.

Your exactly right! One will be parked on 97W for sure. One is staying parked on 95W for CCTV! I cannot peel myself away from the news, or the documentary channel on there.

That will be my next venture once I am successful at setting up these dishes. Now I need to find me a good Diseqc switch and interface them. Once I accomplish this and get the 3 of them parked, I will look for a 1.2M dish and motor. :enjoying I am worried about my view due to trees...this was why I put my first dish on the roof...but we will see. Trial and error.

That will be my next venture once I am successful at setting up these dishes. Now I need to find me a good Diseqc switch and interface them. Once I accomplish this and get the 3 of them parked, I will look for a 1.2M dish and motor. :enjoying I am worried about my view due to trees...this was why I put my first dish on the roof...but we will see. Trial and error.

There are applications you can use for any mobile device with a camera that use augmented reality overlays and GPS to pinpoint the locations of all satellites in the Clarke Belt. You can walk outside with your smartphone and point it at the sky and see right where all the satellites are and if any tree is in the way.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.agi.android.augmentedreality

Do you have to terminate the unused ports on the diseqc switches...?
Do not terminate the unused ports. I cap unused ports with the protective f-fitting caps found on many new purchases. If the switch will be outside, I put a dab of silicon in an unused f-fitting to make water-tight. After the silicon dries, tighten on the unused port to keep water and creepy crawlies out. :)

Yep works great!! I make several at a time and store for when needed(more than I need at the time).

No termination, I used plastic caps from new splitters, switches, etc that I've bought to cover the unused ports. The unused ports probably won't stay unused for long!

Think I'll try Titanium's suggestion with the silicone and F connectors rather than the plastic caps, that sounds like a good idea.

Status
Please reply by conversation.