Lost Chicago Locals?

"Now the next question is CSN sports net chicago planning on going spot beam only?"

No that's not how it works, or at least not traditionally. Just because the networks are on spotbeam does not mean the RSN will be.

"Now the next question is CSN sports net chicago planning on going spot beam only?"

No that's not how it works, or at least not traditionally. Just because the networks are on spotbeam does not mean the RSN will be.
well Directv used to have RSN HD on spots with SD on the main beams.

and at one time DIsh had FSN West 2 (now Prime Ticket) in the LA area on spotbeam too

BUt no the RSN's IN MOST CASES are not on spotbeam due to the sports pack. I think Cox Sports Louisiana IS on spotbeam and that is due to some weird verbiage in their agreement

well Directv used to have RSN HD on spots with SD on the main beams.

But my reply and this thread is about Dish, not Direct. I never said or even know what Direct does. What I said is the case. Networks being on spotbeam have nothing to do with RSN's.

if really like the Blackhawks there is the under ground way of getting a canada dish to get WGN Chicago / WGN 9 and you also get CBC (Better then VS / NBC)

It is not illegial to have a subscription to Bell in the US. Bell Canada will not knowingly sell service in the US. I have a sub and I love it. It has much better sports packages (ie, MLB), HD Superstations (WPIX, KTLA, WGN9, WSBK and SD WPCH), Boston and Seatlle Networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, & PBS HD & SD) and other news channels that Dish Network refuses to provide. It is probably only worth it if you live in the Northern US as 82's beam is tight and 91's will be also when they deploy a new satellite. A Dish 500 does not work well in the States and usually requires a larger eliptical dish even in the north US.

that wont help either. all locals on D* are on spotbeam except for LA & NY Big 4

If LA and NY locals are still available on conus, does that mean I can "drive" my RV to NY and change my service address to NY and receive the networks? If so, what would be your best guess about how long they might stay on conus? Have you heard the rumors that Dish could get back in the national feed business?

Since All American Direct switched to SD only, I have lost all hope of HD. If the LA or NY locals are HD that would solve my problem. I subscribe to ADD now but only get NY networks in SD. I've got $2000 invested in antennas and DVRs and about that much more in TVs. Sure would be great to be able to use them!

Many people here are surfing for the best local channels they can get, but I'm just trying to get the national networks somehow.

HarleyWJones said:
If LA and NY locals are still available on conus, does that mean I can "drive" my RV to NY and change my service address to NY and receive the networks? If so, what would be your best guess about how long they might stay on conus? Have you heard the rumors that Dish could get back in the national feed business?

He was talking about Directv in that post, not dish. But, the satguys channel list shows that LA and Chicago big 4 in HD are still availble for now.

What I hate about being tied to a local is when there is a thunderstorm 50 miles away and they keep cutting in ones favorite program to give minute by minute updates. Don't interrupt the commercials.

What I hate about being tied to a local is when there is a thunderstorm 50 miles away and they keep cutting in ones favorite program to give minute by minute updates. Don't interrupt the commercials.

heh here in Minneapolis it can be 200 miles away and they still cut in. The market is so huge we see those stupid weather warnings it seems like no matter where it is in Minnesota

He was talking about Directv in that post, not dish. But, the satguys channel list shows that LA and Chicago big 4 in HD are still availble for now.

Would I continue to get those HD signals with a used HD reciever since I already have a Chicago service address....while those HD signals are still Conus???

no
All of Chicago locals (both SD & HD) are on spotbeam

There USE to be Chicago HD nets via All American Direct but that agreement with Dish ended a while ago.

Those were the "distant" ones. They may still be uplinked but nobody is selling them.
Dish can't (yet....maybe they're setting something up)
AAD dropped them a few months ago and only do SD versions of NY & SF

It's interesting that those HD distants are still active, in that they are still showing the take down cards and are in my guide. Surprised they are not taken down and used for more HD. Maybe there is a plan, or hope for a plan to bring them back....

So you used to be able to get local Chicago channels and not live in Chicago? How was that possible? I live in central Indiana but would like to get the Orlando FL local channels instead of the Indianapolis ones. Is that possible?

So you used to be able to get local Chicago channels and not live in Chicago? How was that possible? I live in central Indiana but would like to get the Orlando FL local channels instead of the Indianapolis ones. Is that possible?

No, the Orlando locals are on a spot-beam that won't come close to reaching Indianapolis....

made possilbe by conus. but chi locals are not conus any longer.

are Davenport locals Conus?

Davenport are Conus for now on 77 on EA. I'm in Indianapolis, and get Dayton locals on WA. In Indianapolis on WA you can pick up Champaign, Terre Haute, Dayton, Columbus, Cleveland, Erie, Youngstown, Fort Wayne, or St. Louis for HD locals with good signal from the spot beams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)