Lost signal from all three Sats

Jim5506,
I knew somebody like you wouldn't get the point. It's not the stupid buck that's important, it's the power of the people when they band together to get something done. One of us, or even a thousand, probably won't get any response from Dish. But if thousands of angry customers called in with complaints asking for a credit on our bill, maybe, just maybe, we could finally find out what's going on. I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in knowing the why. Is it equipment problems, cash flow problems, weather, we just don't have any answers. All I'm looking for is the why, so as a customer, I can make an informed decision about the service I'm being provided for my $120 a month I pay to Dish every month.

dang..some of yall got your sphincters tight very quickly.

i was just trying to say times like these are when i don't like satellite..like when you come home from a long day to watch some tv and i see a retarded acquiring signal screen when the sky is perfectly clear.

i had cable in houston, tx for over 10 years and only couple of times it went out, like hurricane rita. so i am not used to this no service thing every week.

so excuse me for posting my opinion on a internet forum. all hail dish.

30 minutes? I wish. Add em all up over the past week or two, it's much more than 30 minutes. I am in the Tyler/Longview area also, and I have no signal from any of the sats at the moment.

Damn it.

Im gonna have a bunch of Bullsh!t TCs because of their screwups.
Already started here in the Charlotte,NC area..We are getting hammered with TC's on 622's...PLus we are having issues on new connects with 622's and 722's..I think Dish really screwed up this time..It started with a BS install last Sat(8/25)..Now it's gotten to the point where none of us want to touch these jobs..The BS is adding at least an hour to every job..We cannot afford this and our customers are suffering because of it..

I just lost signal on one of my 622's.

It kept coming up aquiring signal on 110 transponder 13, would sit there for a few minutes and then would reboot. It kept on doing this over and over again so I called Dish.

Looks like my 622 has a problem with its ground, they had me unhook the signal cables to the 622 then plug them back in and that took care of the problem.

I am now watching Mythbusters again! :)

Lost sats

Guys the problem I am having I am only losing signal on my 211 I have two
301,s and haven't lost signal when the 211 goes down. 211 tonight lost all
three sats just came back 10min ago down about an hour, I peaked my dish
saturday and haven't lost signal since til tonight. before that everynite for about two weeks. any answers.

I have been having an issue off and on with my 508 for the past week+. Today around 4:30 EST the signal would drop.....then come back....then acquiring again....then come back.......

My 625 never has these issues and the sky is as clear as it can get.

However, by now it seems to be resolved AGAIN for the time being.

As for the comments about "pro-rating" service and getting a refund for this.......I AGREE 100%
It is not like today was the first time this happened. It has been happening every other day for extended periods. If you call dish to complain they will first try to send you another receiver or maybe waste an hour of your time trouble shooting something that doesn't exist on your end. When my favorite show is on......I'd like to watch it. I pay for the belief that I will be able to watch TV 24 hours a day when I choose.

If I took a receiver every time Dish has offered one to me since I became a customer in 1999, I'd have gone through 75 boxes by this point and spent countless hours of my time swapping boxes in and out for NO reason. The reality is NONE of my receivers have ever died while still in daily use (I am quick to upgrade, except for the grandfathered 508 this time) and that just goes to show the only way I have ever been able to get any real support is calling the Executive Offices and "yelling." Telling them I REFUSE to get a new box or have a tech look at my install AGAIN (after a tech was at my house last week.) Tell me what the hell is really going on .........."Oh....well......we just got new information.........you see there is this celestial body we like to call the moon and.........er...well............Jack hit the big red button. Sorry it will be back up in an hour."

In my time as a customer, it has never been the receiver, the wiring, the LNB. Nope! Dish screwing up, covering up and software (down)upgrades you ask??? Bullseye!

I mean if hundreds of people raid online messages boards across the interwebs at the same time, complaining of the same issue.......could all of their hard drives really have gone bad at once? What are the odds?

Last edited:
I lost my Dish network signal around the same time yesterday as everyone else who's posted on this thread. I got so frustrated I not only rebooted my 622 and 522 a couple of times, I went outside and checked my connections from the dish itself. I had a problem with the tech who installed my 622; he forgot to tighten my splitter connections which corroded as a result, causing reception problems on both boxes. I thought I was having the same problem again, even after having a buddy who installs Dish hardware come out and fix what the original installer screwed up.

That said, yes, Dish should've alerted subscribers that the problem was on their end, not ours. My wife wasn't happy about the outage, neither was her sister who's living with us temporarily. I could've better explained what was going on instead of having no suitable reply to their questions. Fortunately I have both Dish and Directv on the 52" Sony LCD in the living room, so I switched to Directv while trying to figure out what was going on with Dish. The downside to that is that my wife hasn't figured out how to use the Directv remote to change channels, which pissed her off even more.:p

It certainly doesn't seem to just be Texas as I've been having outage problems with 119 here in Rhode Island for a couple weeks now. (Not weather related here) Yesterday again all afternoon then it came back last evening all right.

And it's not just the 622 as I have a 721.

I've gotten no where with Customer Service. Each time it's check all the connections, power down, check switch etc. etc. But keep in mind that the other 2 birds seem to be getting just fine and I do get 95% signal from 119 it just doesn't lock during these trouble times.

So they want to schedule appointments for which I get to pay the $29 service fee even though I have the service plan coverage.

I've been a Dish customer for about 12 years now and have had only a few problems few and far between until recently. But with the lack of recent customer support, the fact that they will not offer NESN in HD I am looking hard at Directv until FIOS is available here.

I realize they all have issues, but apparently suggestions, comments and pleading isn't working, time to speak with the wallet I guess.

When this all started about 2 weeks ago my 211 lost signal when watching my locals 129 trans. 1 I have peaked dish. Run check sw changed cable ports,
on sw. I have had the 211 for 18 months no problems until now. Not even with the hdmi cable, this seems to have started with the 349 software.
I have changed to component cables, still same problems. The signal meter
on the 211 receiver sat 129 32 high on some trans. 18 on trans, 1 110 and 119 run in the 60,s. Before software change 129 in the 70's 110 and 119 90's.
Even if the signal strength is the same as before( just meter change) the receiver will not lock on those low readings. If you go to point dish when this
is going on and try to do a check sw, the screen will go black sometimes, and
I have to do a hard reset to get back to control the receiver. While this happens on the 211 I have two 301's signal strength on 110 and 119 100's.
I want to dish it up to a dvr but will not til this problems stops.

Each time it's check all the connections, power down, check switch etc. etc.

Each time this happens I assume it is "my fault again" and spend an hour of my time troubleshooting each component of my installation only to see the situation resolve itself.

Why can't Dish just say, "WE ARE HAVING AN OUTAGE THAT MAY BE AFFECTING YOUR AREA" on their tech portal?

I know why......they already have my business, know that my time costs them nothing, and do not want to scare other potential "victims" with Daily outage reports.

So everyone knows that dish wanted to RMA my receiver due to a loss of signal on 129. Well, I just wasn't buying that, so I went out with a wrench today. Apparently the installer tweaked the signal for 110 & 119, but that's it! I went from a 5 on 129 to a 58! All is better now. I can actually watch my Voom channels, among others! :D

So everyone knows that dish wanted to RMA my receiver due to a loss of signal on 129. Well, I just wasn't buying that, so I went out with a wrench today. Apparently the installer tweaked the signal for 110 & 119, but that's it! I went from a 5 on 129 to a 58! All is better now. I can actually watch my Voom channels, among others! :D

Sometimes you just got to do it yourself! Good for you.:up

I have been experiencing the same signal issues on all three satellites with a 622 for the past week. Numerous times over the past week the signal dropouts have made watching a program unbearable. I live in Portland, Oregon. When I called Dish, I was told that I had a bad ground just like Scott was, and disconnected the feeder cables to the 622, but that did not remedy the frequent drop outs. I burned five hours of vacation today waiting for a dish technician that I was told was scheduled for a noon to five appointment, but never showed. The past several hours it seems as though the signal has stabilized but that has changed from hour to hour. I don't know if it is worth my time to wait for another appointment, if a technician actually shows up this time. Pathetic.

I have been experiencing the same signal issues on all three satellites with a 622 for the past week. Numerous times over the past week the signal dropouts have made watching a program unbearable. I live in Portland, Oregon. When I called Dish, I was told that I had a bad ground just like Scott was, and disconnected the feeder cables to the 622, but that did not remedy the frequent drop outs. I burned five hours of vacation today waiting for a dish technician that I was told was scheduled for a noon to five appointment, but never showed. The past several hours it seems as though the signal has stabilized but that has changed from hour to hour. I don't know if it is worth my time to wait for another appointment, if a technician actually shows up this time. Pathetic.

I'm curious, have you received the new software revision yet? It's supposed to help with signal dropouts. I'm wondering if that's big reason why mines working now, along with re-aligning the sat dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)