Me & OTARD vs. the neighbor.....hee hee

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ice myself being a ham operator, there is similar rule for ham antennas and towers called PRB 1 it mainly covers antenna/tower issues within a town but I believe there maybe provisions regards HOA's.

had to bring this one back up.....its funny that on the board we have 2 "enthusiasts" (geeks) when it comes to stuff (out of 5 folks). I was out working with the 6 footer and the "new guy" on the board came to pay his dues and saw the dish. We chit chatted and he is a ham operator and wanted to put a ham antenna on the roof. I thought OTARD covered it and he knew of OTARD. I told him it couldn't be no higher than 12 feet above the roof line and he had no issues.

Last month I wasnt at the meeting (out of town) and he asked to put up a smaller ham antenna on the roof (he has 2 mag mount one now) and the board approved it as long as he didnt go 12 feet above the roof line. I read OTARD and ham antennas arent covered under it...whoops :) But it was approved so the board cant argue. They cant argue my dish farm either now as I have approval to put whatever I want on the deck (that rule was already fine) or in front of my garage using the "you can park a car one deep in front of the garage" rule :)

Its not just the HOA's you have to worry about when it comes to regulations on dishes,antennas etc!Many towns and cities also have regulations on the books but do not enforce them unless someone makes a big stink about it.Here in my town!1 meter dish is the max allowed residential and 2 meter commercial.I have my 6 footer out of site from the road and hoping none of my few neighbors make a stink about it.

There's a guy about 3 blocks from me who has a heckuva system on his roof

1.2m dish
huge old antenna
and a ham antenna setup

I always want to stop and ask him about the dish ;)

There's a guy about 3 blocks from me who has a heckuva system on his roof
I always want to stop and ask him about the dish ;)
Walk up to him and say, "I'd like to introduce myself."
Then, pull out a photo of your roof showing your dishes.
I'm certain he'll be happy to meet you! :up

ice, they prob figured that its not worth the hassle to make a big deal over something that really has no effect on housing values. and really is not that easy to see.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)