Media General Stations Removed from DISH, Agreement Reached

I have a hopper as well. Mine is not updated past 6pm tonight. Any suggestions?

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Power off all Hoppers/Joeys after making sure no recordings will fire within 30 minutes. Red button reboot the Hopper and wait, you may or may not see the guide update on the screensaver. It has a mind of it's own.

I'm surprised at how soon this happened. :rolleyes:

My guess is dish had to cave in somewhat or keep bleeding subs. There's a saying for that.

Glad it's back.

Power off all Hoppers/Joeys after making sure no recordings will fire within 30 minutes. Red button reboot the Hopper and wait, you may or may not see the guide update on the screensaver. It has a mind of it's own.

I tried your suggestion, but it didn't work. It looks to be updating just the hour ahead, after that it still has the important notice reminder. Thanks for your help though. I'm sure it will update overnight.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'm surprised at how soon this happened. :rolleyes:

My guess is dish had to cave in somewhat or keep bleeding subs. There's a saying for that.

Glad it's back.
The timing says otherwise. Media General seemed they weren't going to take any major action until their merger was approved.

That's one thing I miss about Erie, I never read anything about the owners of those stations having disputes with cable and/or satellite providers. Here, on the other hand, almost every station is a network O&O in both markets that are carried on Comcast (save for Tribune's WPIX and WPHL), and those station owners/networks have been known for carriage disputes (thankfully, Comcast owns NBC nowadays, dunno how much that helps, though).

I'm glad to have our NBC channel's back. My wife and I enjoy The Blacklist. It was nice of Dish to give us a free OTA adapter so we never missed an episode.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

No Autohop since agreement?

Has anyone else noticed that since my media general station was added back into PTAT that auto hop has not been available on any recording since on that channel?

It was added back from the "agreement" on Saturday I believe. My PTAT is set to fire everyday, and since the agreement it has recorded my NBC station but auto hop has not been added to any of the NBC recordings since.

It was added back from the "agreement" on Saturday I believe. My PTAT is set to fire everyday, and since the agreement it has recorded my NBC station but auto hop has not been added to any of the NBC recordings since.

Your exactly right. No autohop on my PTAT NBC shows either. Looks like autohop will eventually go away all together. That's what it looks like.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Possible, but that would mean flags are incorrect for multiple stations since mine is WNCN in Raleigh, NC and Gobucks is in OH. Anyway to check that out for us?

Just a tad over reacting?

Not at all. I don't over react about this stuff. This kinda stuff is last on my list to ever worry about. Didn't mean to sound in a panic.

All I know is we have our NBC channels back after the new agreement. Not one show has had autohop since. Hopefully it will all work out but there could be a chance it won't. Thats all my friend.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)