Mediaset Channel and Conflicting Information

SBD

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 18, 2005
We subscribe to the Full Italian Programming Package that includes MediaSet. For the last 4 days, the MediaSet channel says the service is temporarily unavailable and will be back as quickly as possible. It specifically says there is no need to call.

On Sunday I chatted with a CSR regarding another issue and mentioned that MediaSet was not working for a few days and if there was any info on when it might get fixed. The CSR told me that MediaSet channel was no longer going to be available.

I asked why the channel implies that the interruption is temporary. He then asked for the error code on the screen because since I already has it, it will be grandfathered in and should be working. I explained that there is no error code and I didn't see how we could troubleshoot a problem Dish admits in my screen is on their end.

I told him that if the channel is no longer going to be available, Dish should not be claiming on the screen that it is temporary and not to call Dish about the problem. I said I would wait a few more days to see if the channel comes back, but if it doesn't and is in fact no longer coming back, I don't appreciate Dish lying to me and telling me not to call.

Am I wrong here? If the channel is not coming back, shouldn't the message say to please call Dish rather than there is no need to call?

What is the exact message that is appearing? Sounds like the outage slate message, but that, I thought, was only for locals and RSNs. RSNs also get the "Check back often for your favorite sports teams".

It says

We apologize for the interruption of service. There is no need to call us.

This service is Temporarily unavailable. We will have this service back as quickly as possible.

TVJapan has had an outage (Based on getting that slate) on and off also, the program I record on Sunday had the slate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)