Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Ok folks for over two hours I have been screwing around with my Microbud. In the last 10 minutes I have succeeded in getting C Band Signals! (Yippie!)

Fix something for you guys to laugh at the first two hours I worked and wored to get a C Band signal... I was getting KU fine but not a peep out of the C Band LNB. After awhile I got mad and sat down and went through my settings... 5.150 for the LNB Diseq port 2 on the switch.... WHat could be wrong...

I then went and looked at the switch. Dummy me had the C Band LNB plugged into port 4 of the switch not port 2... Corrected that and I was getting signal on G11! :)

So far just EWTN which is coming up at 65% from Galaxy 11. (I am also getting a bunch of scrambled Fox Sports Channels, Fuel and Speed, plus EWTN Radio Channels and another interesting channel CRN (Cable Radio Network)

So far my highest signal quality is 67%

For those of you with Microbud setups what transponders satellites and channels are working best for you? Any tips to improve cband quality? I have done nothing with the scaler yet its on where I put it on the other night which is flush to the first ring.

Any tips you have would be appreciated. :)

Here are some pics. I took screen shots but with it being so bright out you only see me taking the picture of the TV. :)

Attachments

• DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    233.1 KB · Views: 221
  • DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    310.7 KB · Views: 205
I would leave the scalar ring where it is and try to move the LNB closer or further away from the dish while watching signal quality.

Try removing the LNB cover for now while fine tuning. I would consentrate on the KU signal and C-band should fall into place.

Nice strong signal on the ASN channel (C-Band)

http://www.lyngsat.com/anikf1r.html

Looking good!

Good job Scott!
Another real strong cband signal is The Outdoor Channel on g10.

I'm very interested Scott and what kind of signals you will end up with on the ku side...........I'll be getting a 4-foot channel master real soon........I tried other dishes (mesh) but got bad results on the ku side of things with that lnbf.

No further luck, it looks like it is going to rain here soon.
The scaler ring is strange, if I push it in so that the LNB is more in the ring I actually get signals that I cant get if the lnb and the inside of the scaler ring are even.

I went to the satellite you told me pete but could only get a few Global Feeds (which were scrambled) Plus anohter transponder was some software download or something.

I am going to do a couple of things then lock it down (make sure the KU is working best) then its in the house where I will add the C band satellites to my receiver as it does not have many of them in the listings.

Scott
you could always try G4. 2 STRONG analog feeds at Channels 15 (H) and 16 (V) and then you could always try and get the nets

SCOTT

the lnb you have is not as sensitive as the ones from dmsi
also on mine the lnbf sits just barely in the scalar ring enough to screw it on
then loosen up the holder ,slowly moving the lnbf front or back to the optimum position.

a strong satellite is 805 lots of channels, you can try 806 also very strong signals
but you have to use the dielectic plate(a nice suprise is there actually someone listed it on lyngsat of course they wouldn't miss on the chance ,i hope it stays there for awhile)
AMC 12 comes very strong

use your coolsat which i think is more sensitive with low signals .

There seems to be a triangular mark on the opposite side off the switch that I believe is for the scew.
Reinhold

A good strong digital signal on G4 is the Warner Bros mux on 3820V (SR 26000). Always pegs my receiver.

MrMars said:
A good strong digital signal on G4 is the Warner Bros mux on 3820V (SR 26000). Always pegs my receiver.

Thats 4:2:2 but can be used to point a dish!

Well I have taken off the C/KU LNB for now and have gone back to the Invacom. The KU on the C/KU band LNB was a little lower and I use the KU stuff alot lately.

I haven't given up on it I know it works, I just don't have time, over the next 3 weeks I will be remodeling the house moving the babys room up stairs and moving the other son down stairs.

If there is any supporting pub member who would like to try it out for a week or two please let me know I would be happy to ship it out and see how you make out with it, but I ask you ship it back after you complete your testing. :) You must have a Fortec 1.2 meter dish since I will be sending out the LNB and Scaler Ring with the Fortec mount.

Yes the mount has scew marks on it, however I don't see any marks on the LNB itself (I may just be missing it)

My overall feelings (Jerry Spring serious talk mode on) is that this is an excellent project for those that like to tinker. but not a project for someone who wants to watch TV. All of this is experamental, and a 1.2 meter dish was never designed for C Band Reception. If your looking for specific C Band channels to pick up with a Microbud chances are you are not going to pick them up by just playing with it for a few hours. But if your one who loves to tinker this is a great product.

I hope on the futuer better LNB's come along which intergrated Scaler rings and lower noise numbers, but these LNB's are light years above what folks used when C Band television first came out (and they were using LNA's)

This my friend is a continuing project and one that SatelliteGuys will help grow and improve, I know all the major Satellite Companies are watching us to see what we can do and what ideas we have to make them better.

drhydro said:
Good job Scott!
Another real strong cband signal is The Outdoor Channel on g10.

Any strong analog signals on G10R? I'm thinking of swinging my redneck stationary 10 footer over to G10R to watch the Outdoor Channel 2 HD.

spike tv on tp 19 v- It is vcII but should allow you to aim your dish. Outdoor channel itself is a strong digital signal.

digiblur said:
Any strong analog signals on G10R? I'm thinking of swinging my redneck stationary 10 footer over to G10R to watch the Outdoor Channel 2 HD.
The one leaning on the wagon? ;) I'd love to get some HD from space, one of these days it will be a project for me.

Tron said:
The one leaning on the wagon? ;) I'd love to get some HD from space, one of these days it will be a project for me.

Of course not... ;) When the weather cools down a bit and I get some extra funds I'll be buying some ribbon cable and sinking this sucker in the ground.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)