MLB 2012 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that we are coming into spring training in both Arizona and Florida sites, here are a list of the top minor league prospects you will more than likely see at those camps:

Baseball America top 100: BaseballAmerica.com: Prospects: Rankings: Top 100 Prospects: 2012 Top 100 Prospects
Baseball Prospectus' 101: Baseball Prospectus | Future Shock: Top 101 Prospects

I would have posted Keith Law's top 100(from ESPN) but apparently, "the world wide network" does not believe in free "insider" information.:rolleyes:

Now that we are coming into spring training in both Arizona and Florida sites, here are a list of the top minor league prospects you will more than likely see at those camps:

Baseball America top 100: BaseballAmerica.com: Prospects: Rankings: Top 100 Prospects: 2012 Top 100 Prospects
Baseball Prospectus' 101: Baseball Prospectus | Future Shock: Top 101 Prospects

I would have posted Keith Law's top 100(from ESPN) but apparently, "the world wide network" does not believe in free "insider" information.:rolleyes:

I find this to be HIGHLY debatable ... They only show 2 Tigers in the top 100.
SP Jacob Turner is 15 in one and 22 in the other, which is about right, however, they show 3B Nick Castellanos at 45 in one and 75 in the other, THAT seems like a HUGE difference.

Thats said, they don't even list the youngsters that are vying for the #5 spot in the rotation other than Turner, theres about 4 other guys that could very well win the spot, but no word about any of them.

So does the Spring Training info and discussion go into the Regular Season or the Off Season ? :D

Whatever you guys want. I can lock the offseason thread since we're close to the beginning season

no the pirates weren't the top team in attendance but they weren't the worst, they were in the middle and IMO that is pretty good.

espn.go.com/mlb/attendance/_/sort/homePct

Maybe you should make that comment to HD.

Leave me out of it. My city is frustrated with the lack of ownership support for a once very spendy franchise. The only way to promote change is to effect the ticket sales. If our fans were like the Cubs or Pirates fans, ownership would have no motivation to seriously invest in a winner.

Last year was the first time in a long time the Dodgers didn't draw 3 million.

They were the first team to do so and they did about 4 years in a row prior to any other team doing so. They have also drawn more fans than any other sports franchise and drawn 3 million fans more times than any other team.

Last year was the first time in a long time the Dodgers didn't draw 3 million.

They were the first team to do so and they did about 4 years in a row prior to any other team doing so. They have also drawn more fans than any other sports franchise and drawn 3 million fans more times than any other team.

LA also has about 3 million more residents than just about any other fanbase. It's all relative. Your team SHOULD be selling out every game, just based on sheer numbers.

HD MM said:
Leave me out of it. My city is frustrated with the lack of ownership support for a once very spendy franchise. The only way to promote change is to effect the ticket sales. If our fans were like the Cubs or Pirates fans, ownership would have no motivation to seriously invest in a winner.

No the problem with teams like the pirates, Indians and royals are that they can't afford to compete with the Yankees, Red Sox and Phillies but those teams don't win every year and if a team can build from within and hit a hot steak they can win look at the giants.

I love baseball and I love the pirates but with how bad they were/are losing I stated two things have to change before I go to another game and those are that the pirates have to start being competitive and the subway downtown has to be finished that will go under the river to the stadiums because it's a damn long walk from parking to the stadiums. Well after last year they are showing that they will be competitive plus with the Burnett signing and the subway will be done in march.

LA also has about 3 million more residents than just about any other fanbase. It's all relative. Your team SHOULD be selling out every game, just based on sheer numbers.
Only because of geography, the fact that LA is the largest city in the US in land area.

Within the actual downtown and original city limits, about the same geographic area as most large cities, LA has very few people compared to other large cities. Most of the residence reside in the San Fernando valley which consist of former cities/communities of: Arleta, Balboa Park, Canoga Park, Chatsworth, Encino, Granada Hills, Balboa Highlands, Hansen Hills, Knollwood, Lake View Terrace, Lake Balboa, La Tuna Canyon, Rancho La Tuna Canyon, Mission Hills, North Hills, North Hollywood, NoHo Arts District, Northridge, Pacoima, Panorama City, Porter Ranch, Reseda, Reseda Ranch, Shadow Hills, Stonehurst, Sherman Oaks, Sherman Village, Studio City, Colfax Meadows, Silver Triangle, Sun Valley, Sunland, Sylmar, Olive View, Kagel Canyon, Tarzana, Melody Acres, Toluca Lake, Toluca Woods, West Toluca, Tujunga, Valley Village, Van Nuys, Valley Glen, Cameron Woods, Ventura Business District, Warner Center, West Hills, Winnetka, and Woodland Hills.

The commute from the San Fernando Valley to downtown is not a pleasant one.

20702.jpg

Attachments

• 20702.jpg
    20702.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 119
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts