MLB 2012 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made it no secret that I wasn't happy with the Bobby Valentine hiring. But I'm willing to give the guy a chance, something that Curt "Blowhard" Schilling is apparently not willing to do. Seriously, can this guy EVER just STFU??!! :mad:

"I thought that the manager that managed the Mets that I was not a big fan of was now going to be a different manager, and I don't think there's anything different at all. And I don't think that that is going to be conducive to doing well here. There's a lot of things I think that are happening not just from his perspective, but when you talk to these guys -- and I'm still talking to some of these guys -- I don't think this is going well. And I think it's going bad quicker than I expected it to."

Look on the bright side Curt, when you visit your friends in the Sox clubhouse this season, more chicken and beer for you! :rolleyes:

I made it no secret that I wasn't happy with the Bobby Valentine hiring. But I'm willing to give the guy a chance, something that Curt "Blowhard" Schilling is apparently not willing to do. Seriously, can this guy EVER just STFU??!! :mad:

Look on the bright side Curt, when you visit your friends in the Sox clubhouse this season, more chicken and beer for you! :rolleyes:

Q. Was Curt ASKED about this, or did he just come out and start talking about it ?

Makes a huge difference if someone asked him his opinion about it.

BillD1984 said:

In fairness to Shilling, he got this from somebody. Also, Merloni did bate him in to saying this. Now the "Texas Toughguy" comes out and defends Valentine, hell I still think he was where Shilling got this from. To me he is the problem in the clubhouse. Valentine is either going to galvanize this team and they will win the division, or it will blow up in their faces and they'll finish 4th.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

In fairness to Shilling, he got this from somebody. Also, Merloni did bate him in to saying this. Now the "Texas Toughguy" comes out and defends Valentine, hell I still think he was where Shilling got this from. To me he is the problem in the clubhouse. Valentine is either going to galvanize this team and they will win the division, or it will blow up in their faces and they'll finish 4th.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I would love to see the Red Sox have a AL East Championship this year !

There are a lot of managers who can get results for a year or two and then get everyone pissed off at them and get themselves fired: Billy, Martin, of course, Dick Williams, and Larry Brown and Bill Fitch in Basketball. Valentine won't be managing Boson three years from now, but between now and his untimely departure, it will be exciting.

Last edited:
There are a lot of managers who can get results for a year or two and then get everyone pissed off at them and get themselves fired: Billy, Martin, of course, Dick Williams, and Larry Brown and Bill Fitch in Basketball. Valentine won't be managing Boson three years from now, but between now and his untimely departure, it will be exciting.

I agree. John Ferrell just happens to have two years left on his contract. That's who I think BV is keeping the Sox manager's seat warm for...

This will be the first year that I won't be watching the Red Sox or much of MLB this year . I didn't subscribe the MLB extra innings. I will still catch some games because they show some on Fox and when they play Tampa. I just don't see the Red Sox making the playoffs this year. I sure hope I'm wrong.

The Red Sox just announces that closer Andrew Bailey has a thumb injury, so the closer will be either Aceves or Melancon (pronounced, Melanson).

I hope Tim Wakefield is working out somewhere...

The Red Sox just announces that closer Andrew Bailey has a thumb injury, so the closer will be either Aceves or Melancon (pronounced, Melanson).

I hope Tim Wakefield is working out somewhere...

And now they tell us that Beckett has a bad thumb, too, and may miss his first two starts.

Wake-field!! Wake-field!!

I see that DTV/Extra Innings schedule still has "TBA" for their channel lineups and it all starts day after tomorrow. Hopefully they will have the channel lineups in before first pitch on Thursday.

New Red Sox closer Andrew Bailey will undergo thumb surgery, and will be out until at least the ASB acoording to Bobby V. :(

HUGE night in Miami. Opening night for the Marlins in their brand new ballpark. I WANTED to go...but I hesitated. I bought a partial season ticket package and the I have tickets for the 1st home stand.

YES! That new park looked gorgeous on TV the other night. Can't wait for tonight's opener. Should be a good season for the Fish if JJ's arm holds up and that big lug Stanton (meant with luv) can show what he can do with a bat.

No doubt, we'll see you on camera in the Clevelander when you attend a game!!!!:cool:

YES! That new park looked gorgeous on TV the other night. Can't wait for tonight's opener. Should be a good season for the Fish if JJ's arm holds up and that big lug Stanton (meant with luv) can show what he can do with a bat.

No doubt, we'll see you on camera in the Clevelander when you attend a game!!!!:cool:

I will be in the Clevelander pool...LOL!

2241284-Clevelander-Hotel-Pool-17.jpg

No, not that one. I meant The Clevelander in the ballpark. They showed it several times on the broadcast. Pool, bar, music, etc. It's beyond CF I believe. Perhaps that is what you meant but have no pic of it. (Just making sure you knew it was there).

No, not that one. I meant The Clevelander in the ballpark. They showed it several times on the broadcast. Pool, bar, music, etc. It's beyond CF I believe. Perhaps that is what you meant but have no pic of it. (Just making sure you knew it was there).

Oh I knew they were gonna have pool, bar and all that stuff....I just didn't know it was gonna be the Clevelander. The rumor for a long time was the Delano Hotel(former owned by Madonna).

See, learn something knew every day!

I'm glad the Marlins are going in the right direction- a real ballpark, no more empty seats galore, pumping in money to sign big names as to say 'We are going all-in.'

And they already had some talent in past years (Hanley, Josh Johnson).

I would have picked them to win the NL East if they still had Uggla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memphis Grizzlies VP of Operations found dead

MLB and Fox/TBS for 8 more years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts