MLB network

Still unacceptable that Dish doesn't carry this channel, especially when NFL Network, NBATV, and NHL Network are all on the service and have been for quite some time.

It's not unacceptable at all. There are other providers who have it, you can get it there. No more than it's unacceptable the number of channels not in HD on Direct. They can go somewhere else. Each provider has their own priorities. I am thankful the Dish priority is not sports. There is no overwhelming demand for the MLB network, I bet most subscribers and many people on this forum don't even know it exists, and those that do often confuse it with EI. Great if Dish gets it, fine if they don't.

It's not unacceptable at all. There are other providers who have it, you can get it there. No more than it's unacceptable the number of channels not in HD on Direct. They can go somewhere else. Each provider has their own priorities. I am thankful the Dish priority is not sports. There is no overwhelming demand for the MLB network, I bet most subscribers and many people on this forum don't even know it exists, and those that do often confuse it with EI. Great if Dish gets it, fine if they don't.
The bolded portion is so true. I was going to make a post about that very issue. You can add MLB.TV to that as well. I cannot tell you how many times I had to explain the difference between MLBNet, MLB EI, and MLB.TV

The bolded portion is so true. I was going to make a post about that very issue. You can add MLB.TV to that as well. I cannot tell you how many times I had to explain the difference between MLBNet, MLB EI, and MLB.TV

It's a legitimate popular channel, I would say it's easily the most widely distributed channel that E* doesn't carry. They carry live games, a lot of original programming.. If E* can carry ESPNU, College Sports Networks, and the 3 above mentioned league channels, they should have room for MLB Net.

i know everyone wants Dish to carry MLB network, but accept it, Dish will never have this channel as long as MLB's greed and Charlie's cheapness is is in the way. if you want that channel so bad, then change providers and never look back. some goes to other channels that will never come back or never come to dish period that you all love.

MLBTV

i know everyone wants Dish to carry MLB network, but accept it, Dish will never have this channel as long as MLB's greed and Charlie's cheapness is is in the way. if you want that channel so bad, then change providers and never look back. some goes to other channels that will never come back or never come to dish period that you all love.

DISH carries RSN's but not full time. No we will not be silent. I do agree with you though, if you want it bad enough, switch. Or even go with 2 providers for awhile to get MLBTV and/or your locals. There are several people who add Comcast, D* or FiOS to get needed locals, MLBTV, and/or football, baseball, hockey, etc in HD. One of these providers has nearly all sports in HD, it is not DISH. Hint: NFL Sunday Ticket and they just added more HBO's :) I got DISH back in 2006 just before they announced no more MLB package. I was in a contract and had paid for my 622 just 2 months earlier. I use moving to get my local teams from another area. If you're lucky, DISH will not switch your locals.;) :) :D I do not care about low quality MLB.TV or the MLB in particular. I get most of my locals through an antenna.

I am not sure but I don't think dish and MLB network plan on negotiating. I don't think dish is interested in MLB network?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

dan188 said:
I know a lot of people would rather have yes than mlb network

Not here. I'd much prefer MLB to YES, then again I'm not a Yankees fan, so that explains it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I see nothing has changed and this great channel for us baseball fans isn't coming to Dish anytime soon. I got to checking as I heard that my local cable alternative, Charter, finally came to agreement with the NFL. That's the only reason I went back to Dish. I bit the bullet, as the Redzone channel is more important than the MLB Network, but it was a tough pill to swallow. Seeya Dish. I will miss the DVR space, sadly....but it's still worth it.

I don't know where you've been looking I have mlb.tv and it loks good on my pc and my tv. As long as I have that I don't care about mlb network or mlbei.

I don't know where you've been looking I have mlb.tv and it loks good on my pc and my tv. As long as I have that I don't care about mlb network or mlbei.
Why do people always compare MLB.tv to MLB Network? They are two completely different things. If you want to compare MLB.tv to Extra Innings, that is fair, but MLB Network has completely different programming.

I wasn't comparing .tv to the network. Someone commented on the the poor quality of .tv and I made a comment on that. Plus as long as I get to see the games I want I am no longer concerned about the network. Though I do wish Dish carried it. Maybe some of the money Charlie has been spending could have gone to obtaining the rights for the MLB network?

So you are mainly interested in MLB Network because of the games they show and the few games they show per week are a better offering than what you currently get with Dish? All other programming on that channel is not as important to you? Since you have MLB.TV you do not need the MLBNetwork for those games that are shown? That makes sense if I am correct in my assessment.

BTW, I dropped EI with Direct this year and decided to go with MLB.TV as well. The PQ is excellent and I get many more viewing options (tablets, phones, computers, and TV). With my jailbroken iPad and iPhone I am able to avoid those stupid blackout rules, particularly on Fox Saturday baseball.

Sometimes I will have 4 games on at the same time: one on my PS3, one on my iPad, one on my laptop, and one on my iPhone.

The only thing I miss is the EI mix channel and the fact that I can switch between games on my TV and regular programming without having to switch between devices (I watch MLB.TV through my PS3 on my TV)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)