MLB network

That is exactly what I stated. I said #2 in average viewership. It is #1 in TOTAL viewership. All 162 games by all teams in all markets and all national broadcast total much more than all 16 games by all teams in football

That is exactly what I stated. I said #2 in average viewership. It is #1 in TOTAL viewership. All 162 games by all teams in all markets and all national broadcast total much more than all 16 games by all teams in football

Well, yeh, when they play more than 10 times the games than NFL, is it any wonder?

I do not wish to subsidize those who cannot go for 20 minutes without watching a baseball game.

IF MLB was not so money hungry, they might have more subscribers and not have to charge so much for their sleepy little game.

I love to watch baseball from time to time, but I will not pay hundreds of dollars for the priviledge of having EVERY baseball game that ever existed, I do not need that and I do not want to pay extra for a "baseball" channel just so someone else can order their teams games.

Offer the Extra Innings package without strings or go home.

In summary if MLB offered a reasonable package it would be snatched up, but they had to throw in their little shenanigans, like putting their network in every package to be able to offer their high dollar games package - doesn't make sense.

I have often spoken to CSRs who were absolutely clueless about news that was already out there. Sometimes even after it was announced on a Charley Chat.

Iused the Roku package last year and after the first few weeks I was impressed. I am not sure i would switch to DISH for this but it would be nice to have the option.

I think there isa chance here since this time MLB is motivated to make deals but I would not bet the farm on it.

I was not referring to this specifically KAB. I was responding to a comment from another poster that they generally get news about the same time we do. I do not believe that to be the case.

I had the MLBEI a few years ago thru Direct but found out that I hardly watched any games that weren't eithe the Dodgers or Angels. I dropped it last year and found out I could get practically every Dodger game Home or Away. I guess if teams like the Cards weren't looking at signing Pujols for 30 mil a year or paying mediocre players for millions a year, EI might not be that expensive. Let's face it owners rely heavley, in some markets, for the almighty dollars coming from TV, Cable or Sat in helping to defray that cost. Stop paying these guys so much money and get back to playing the game because they love the game and not the money. I remember so many years ago when Kirby Puckett became the first 3 million dollar player. Some of these guys couldn't even carry his jock strap today. I guess having the MLB Network would be nice, but without having the EI package as a requirement.

I was looking into getting a Roku player to use to be able to watch MLB Extra innings, and as I understand it you subscribe to MLB online then hook the Roku player to your internet connection and then into your TV you can get the games on your TV. Have any of you used this method to get MLB Extra innings, and if so how was the picture quality? Also if you have the Roku player hooked up to your TV in one room is there any way to send the picture to you TV2 in an upstairs bedroom, by hooking up the Roku player into the Dish receiver? These may be dumb questions, but I am not an expert on this stuff like many of you folks are so any help will be appreciated.

dish needs to get off their butts and get this and charlie qiot being cheap on sports for your customers :)

Even though I've only been signed up here since the FOX dispute, I was lurking as a visitor for a few years prior. I can relate every spring since I believe 06 or 07 now as one of those funniest home videos where you know some guy is going to get hit in the nuts. The hopefuls jockey next to Dish praying that this is the year, the same way a Cubs fan begins the season with a smile on their face and dreams filling their head. Anyway, it always ends up the same way: 1.) Cubs come up just too short (I should know, my brother holds his head low every fall), 2.) That poor bastard gets hit in his nay nays, & 3.) We're stuck getting our best baseball coverage from the talentless Joe Buck whose huge unearned paycheck only helped spark the FOX dispute in the first place.

We're stuck getting our best baseball coverage from the talentless Joe Buck whose huge unearned paycheck only helped spark the FOX dispute in the first place.

Ask any Giants fan what they think of Buck, he shilled his way through the playoffs holding his nose. He only reluctantly complemented the soon to be World Champions until it became apparent how superior a team they were and he had no choice but to admit the obviuos ......I agree.......MLB bring it......

Id like MLB Network, but I would rather have my RSN (NESN) in HD for every game. Not most games as it has been the last couple of years.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)