"Moving" stories--for more desirable locals (in lieu the upcoming NFL season)

msmith198025,
That is probably true for football (as it has been the past few years) but basketball is another story.
You are right on football. If I am not mistaken most every game will be televised on some channel or another. There should be a big change from years past.

While not all basketball games will be, we will see ALOT more from what I have read.

I would check into it.

I too was considering "moving" back to my old Massachussetts address from Nashville to watch the Patriots. My qusetion is if I did to get the Boston locals would I recive them in HD. I currently recieve 110, 129 an 118.

Thanks

You probably wouldn't receive them at all since the spotbeam won't reach you.

I am fortunate to have access to both the Eastern Arc and Western Arc Satellites and live in an area where there are multiple local areas available to subscribe to. Between the spotbeams I can pick up and the locals available on ConUS beams I imagine I could see almost every NFL game.

My goal to obtain stations from Erie, PA to watch my Bills has been achieved. I basically talked Dish into setting up my second installation as a move even though I did not move anywhere. So it just took away my one free move for this year.

I am very happy with Dish and with the installer that has come out two times now to help get me all set up.

For those of you looking for more football and have a home address or residence in a rural area should also look into AAD Distant Networks. If you qualify you can get NY & SF in SD and Chicago and LA in HD. A perfect supplement to my "local" CBS and FOX stations through Dish and my OTA CBS and Fox.

Not sure what kind of move you are talking about...but service address moves are free as long as you setup the equipment..aka..no truck roll.

I've heard of people moving their service address 3 or 4 times in a few months with no charges.

Yes indeed you are correct. I did not explain myself very well in the previous post. What I am referring to is that initially they set me up on a 1000.4 Eastern Arc setup, which I was fine with, until I realized that they locals I wanted were on the 129 satellite. So they set me up with a free move installation of a 1000.2 Western Arc setup.

The installer showed me how to easily switch from Eastern Arc Dish to Western Arc Dish. It's nice to have access to all those birds.

I am fortunate to have access to both the Eastern Arc and Western Arc Satellites and live in an area where there are multiple local areas available to subscribe to. Between the spotbeams I can pick up and the locals available on ConUS beams I imagine I could see almost every NFL game.

My goal to obtain stations from Erie, PA to watch my Bills has been achieved. I basically talked Dish into setting up my second installation as a move even though I did not move anywhere. So it just took away my one free move for this year.

I am very happy with Dish and with the installer that has come out two times now to help get me all set up.

For those of you looking for more football and have a home address or residence in a rural area should also look into AAD Distant Networks. If you qualify you can get NY & SF in SD and Chicago and LA in HD. A perfect supplement to my "local" CBS and FOX stations through Dish and my OTA CBS and Fox.

I live in Erie, not sure if you know this but WSEE is only obligated to show Bills games that are away. You can pretty much forget about home games because the Steelers or Browns will almost always get priority in that case. Erie is a secondary Bills market. You may have already known this, if not just giving you a heads up.

Yep. I have researched it. They should have 7 away games on WSEE this year and Fox WFXP is supposed to show their week 2 and 3 home games against NFC opponents (Tampa Bay and New Orleans). Then after their 2 national games (ESPN MNF and NFL Net Thursday night) and the week they play my hometown Indianapolis Colts I am only left with three games (Texans, Fins, & Pats) that I am unsure as to how I will be able to watch. But I imagine I can pick those up somehow if I get creative.. perhaps with an AAD CBS or two.

BTW - Erie locals look absolutely disgusting. WICU NBC isn't in HD so I won't even touch that one. But the other major three have almost nothing in HD until they jump onto the primetime HD feed from the mothership. Not to mention the graphics and set design for the local news look like they came right out of 1991 or something. Perhaps I am spoiled being from a bigger market here in Indy.

Hopefully nobody takes offense. I grew up an hour outside of Erie so I got nothing but love.

I see you have it thoroughly researched. You sound like me only I have the Browns season mapped out. I completely agree with you on the Erie locals front. It's pathetic. Not only does none of them have HD news, WICU only gives HD through Time Warner. Not even OTA. I've "moved" to Cleveland a while back and watch there news or sports I should say. I simply cannot watch SD anymore. I'd never thought I'd say that, but it's pretty much true.

does anyone know if you get the bills with Albany locals or do they show the jets there.i can pick up the Springfield MA and Hartford CT locals OTA,and was wondering if i "moved to Albany"if i would be able to get the bills games.that way i would be able to watch the pats,giants and bills.i would try for buffalo locals but i don't think i am in the spotbeam range.

trying 61.5 locking 72

Dish LNB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts