My Netflix Queue

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Decided to take a look and see how many movies (that I currently have chosen) could be watched if I only owned either player. Did this a long time ago and its another reason I stuck with BD.

I know everyones habits are different, BUT these movies are all mainstream release theater movies like:

Next
Disturbia
The Reaping
Bourne

If I only had a PS3 - 26 movies could be seen in HD out of my current selection

A2 - 13

To me that says a lot about what studios are giving better options on new releases.

This is not to start a big pissing contest, just wanted to take another review of my selection on HD since its been about a year since I did so.

allargon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 2, 2007
Austin, TX
Blu definitely has a larger selection of current hits.

The indy and smaller studios lean towards HD-DVD. I would guess due to lowering authoring, replication costs and greater familiarity with the format.

Personally, I wouldn't go near your top 3 of that 4 with a 10 ft. pole. I'm not giving you a hard time. I just know those 3 were universally panned. Two of those titles are purple, so I'm not even being a fanboy. (This time.)

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Hey, thats what netflix is for me, watching the ok and kinda good movies.

Watched Disturbia tonight and it was much better than I expected. Most movies I buy were watched at the movies first OR I just bought them because I knew I wanted them. Kinda how Potter was today and Bourne will be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)