So I take back my praise of Netflix - BB ?

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Im going to lower my Netflix down to 1 or 2 and get the 3 out in store exchange from BB. Allows 5 in stores per month.

HD rentals on both suck right now and its driving me batty. I figure I can exchange one in store per week and get a BD.

Question is, anyone using this and how is the in store swap for BD's? Good selection. My local store had BD's back in early 07 so Im sure they are ok, just wondering if they only keep 1 copy of each title or if they are growing.

Also, do you just walk in with the sealed envelope and they scan it, then you get your free swap?

Thanks.

Yup thats it take the seal dvd in with you get the new movie you want off the shelf and then take both to the counter they will scan the sealed one then scan the one from shelf and your good to go. just return the one from the store in the alotted time.

When you walk in, hang on to your online rental and turn it in at the time you check out with your new in store rental. My only caution to you about BB is they have had two price increases in the four months I've been with them ($7.99, $9.99 and now $11.99).

Yup thats it take the seal dvd in with you get the new movie you want off the shelf and then take both to the counter they will scan the sealed one then scan the one from shelf and your good to go. just return the one from the store in the alotted time.

Have you rented hd much, are you happy with the offering? Guess Ill swing by there tomorrow and see whats up.

When you walk in, hang on to your online rental and turn it in at the time you check out with your new in store rental. My only caution to you about BB is they have had two price increases in the four months I've been with them ($7.99, $9.99 and now $11.99).

yeah, I know. But at this point I just want my damn movies.

Im already buying RE, Yuma and Sunshine because I dont want to wait. Some movies I refuse to buy, just want to watch once.

I sent an email to Netflix customer service last week complaining about the wait times for BD. Never got a response.

Not surprising.

Im half way tempted to say screw em both and just buy movies. I used to spend $30 a week at the theater and rent too, whats the difference :mad:

I know the process of throttling, especially when they normally get movies in one day, then all of a sudden it takes them two to check a few in and two more to send it out.

What Im dealing with is LONG wait on everything.

What Im dealing with is LONG wait on everything.

Same here. All the newer releases and some catalog BD titles are listing in my queue as a Very Long, Long, or Short Wait. I don't think I would be "throttled" as I consider myself a light user." On the 2 out at a time plan, I watch and return 1-2 per week.

I'm guessing that that they just haven't increased their BD inventory in response to the demand from all the new PS3/BD standalone owners (of which I'm one as of Nov. 4).

Is there a similar problem for HD DVD folks at Netflix I wonder?

Yeah, Im sure they are swamped from Christmas. I was on the 4 out and watched about 3 per week. They have been killing me the last two weeks sending me dvd only crap way down in my queue. Signed up for the BB 3 out w/5 in store swaps. Gonna try it for a couple for weeks.

You'll have to let us know if it's any better availability wise. I live near a couple of BBs in a major metro area, so I'm sure their in store stock of BD will be as good as any.

elway, I see your in Goose Creek also. I strictly use BB for HD DVD rental. I usually get my movies within 2nd day after i turn them in to the store (distribution center in Columbia).
I always get new releases when requested.

Same here. All the newer releases and some catalog BD titles are listing in my queue as a Very Long, Long, or Short Wait. I don't think I would be "throttled" as I consider myself a light user." On the 2 out at a time plan, I watch and return 1-2 per week.

I'm guessing that that they just haven't increased their BD inventory in response to the demand from all the new PS3/BD standalone owners (of which I'm one as of Nov. 4).

Is there a similar problem for HD DVD folks at Netflix I wonder?

I have both BD and HD DVD players and am on the 4 out Netflix plan and see the same wait times on both. Several times when I have changed from HD DVD to BD formats for releases where both are available the wait times did not change. Neflix does not seem to have enough BDs or HD DVDs to meet the demand and they are not carring some of the older movies that have been recently released in one of the HD formats. When my local BB starts carrying BDs, I will probably try their plan. In the mean time, I am being patient, which is not one of my virtues!

elway, I see your in Goose Creek also. I strictly use BB for HD DVD rental. I usually get my movies within 2nd day after i turn them in to the store (distribution center in Columbia).
I always get new releases when requested.

I reactivated my account so we'll give her a shot! Ill prob use the BB on St James to do my returns as its closest.

I'm not very patient either, but miraculously I've somehow (for the most part) been able to limit my movie watching to what I can get on HBO HD for the past year and a half as I waited out the format war. Since I've only had my PS3 since early Nov. 07, I have some catching up to do with movies that have been out awile are more readily available.

I'm not very patient either, but miraculously I've somehow (for the most part) been able to limit my movie watching to what I can get on HBO HD for the past year and a half as I waited out the format war. Since I've only had my PS3 since early Nov. 07, I have some catching up to do with movies that have been out awile are more readily available.

Having had online rentals since 2001 or so, Im spoiled. It pains me to wait too long after a movie is released, plus Im used to being ablt to rent hard to find titles and series(watching heroes season 1 right now).

If in store starts working, I may just save the netflix as a 1 out plan for tv shows.

I just wish theyd have a plan where you wouldnt be throttled. Id gladly pay $35 a month if I could just get the damn thing when I was due.

Well, both are skipping BD's for DVDs. Come beg of Feb, I'm dropping BB and changing Netflix to 2 at a time. Ill use it for TV shows(currently watching Heroes Seas 1) and movies I do not want to buy at all. Going to just buy the rest off ebay. No sense in sitting around being irritated with no movies to watch.

Other issue is, my local BB's BD selection sucks, they are about 30 days behind. If its true that Studios are limiting supplies to renting, then this is not liable to change for a bit.

Well, atleast your BB has a BD selection. When I asked mine, they said the nearest stores are eight to ten miles away. Currently I'm trying out Netflix, but I've also been thinking of using BB on-line too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts