So I take back my praise of Netflix - BB ?

That might be good if Blockbusters selection of HDM did not stink.

Depends on the store. Mine has quite a few titles but with movie pass, I've seen them all and now beginning to watch repeats. They get between 4-6 titles in each week so two out at a time exhausts that pretty fast. I believe they have a couple hundred titles and about 70 or so HD DVD titles. I do have to travel about 5 miles to this store, however. It is located near some very affluent communities.

I can say that BB Online has been sending more BD's than Netflix who likes to skip them. Mayb keep BB Online instead.

After not have NetFlix ship anything on Monday, then Tuesday and saying it will try Wednesday I called to b*tch. Rep said they're in growing pains on HD media and they don't get as many copies since they cost them more but they don't charge more. Anyway, they said they would try to get something in my queue to ship out today yet, we'll see.

After not have NetFlix ship anything on Monday, then Tuesday and saying it will try Wednesday I called to b*tch. Rep said they're in growing pains on HD media and they don't get as many copies since they cost them more but they don't charge more. Anyway, they said they would try to get something in my queue to ship out today yet, we'll see.

Id give BB a try. Like I said, in the last two weeks, they skip less BD's than Netflix does.

Rep said they're in growing pains on HD media and they don't get as many copies since they cost them more but they don't charge more.

Sounds like a fairly honest answer for a CSR. I would gladly pay a buck or two more for my service level to get new releases on BD within a month of their release date. (Before they come on PPV anyway.) Maybe I'll check out Blockbuster since there are a couple on my errands routes for the in-store exchanges.

I really have no idea what you guys are talking about. I have about 12 bd's in my netflix queue and all fairly new releases I might add. Out of all 12 there is one short wait and the rest are available now. I have 1 out because I liked BB much better since I could exchange in store and get a free game a month. I might up it to 2 out at a time, but I'm worried about if I have the same movie in the queue on both services, they might ship both out at the same time. No kidding, I accidently had ice age 2 on bd on both netflix and bb cause netflix said long wait, and they sent me a copy from each service. But anywho, I don't see any shortage anymore. Just got mr woodcock the other day and gonna send it back tomorrow. Next up in the list is superbad (bd). My bros got the dvd, but its just not the same :D

Well, I have been a customer since 2005, but I like bb better. Just netflix has them more available than bb. Or did, but still for me they do :D

I just dropped by my nearest BB for the first time in ages and was pleased to see they had a whole section of BD new releases, no less than six of which that were currently in stock I have been unable to get from Netflix for the past two months. In the middle of the store, they had a pretty decent selection of catalogue titles to boot. I guess I'll be switching to BB once my Netflix month is up in mid-Feb to try it out. I won't miss the streaming "watch now" since I don't use it a whole lot. (BTW, they still had 3 PS3 bundles in stock. The sign erroneously claimed a $40 value for the BD remote.)

Well, I have been a customer since 2005, but I like bb better. Just netflix has them more available than bb. Or did, but still for me they do :D

I've been a customer since Jan. '02 and consider myself a light user (4-6/mo.) and get no love on the new BD titles (especially when it comes to gettting Rush Hour 3, War, Ratatouillie, POC2&3, Blade Runner, Live Free/Die Hard, Simpson's Movie, Cars, and SuperBad, all Very Long or Long Waits). I wonder if there's a So Cal shortage as 4 of my last 5 BDs have been sent from service centers in other parts of the country, as far away as New Jersey and Florida.

You still have Blade Runner BD in your queue? Netflix remove it from my queue saying they couldn't get enough copies.

I live in the Northeast where there are 3 distribution centers within 100 miles of each other. I have not received 1 blu-ray in 2 months. NOT ONE! The top 17 movies in my queue all say Very Long Wait.

Very disappointing!

I've seen them just not ship me a movie and let the days pass by, kinda sucks. Like looking at a gooey candy bar and not having any money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts