Nascar 2009

Yes, In fact since 2001 I've won some bets with fans. I have a few bets running this year . The one that I have now with my betting friend is that Kyle Busch will win a Championship before Dale Jr. does. I also have one with Kyle ending the year with more points that Dale Jr. I loved his Dad but Dale Jr. is not that good. It's nothing personal . It's just a fact. I heard all my friends tell me that this year he would win it. Trouble is I heard the same thing last year. NASCAR isn't too happy either when Jr . doesn't do well. I'm just disappointed when they don't give more credit to drivers that win.

Yes, I'm still taking bets:D

But your bets are all the same ....
lets go out on a limb instead of the sure thing your currently doing......

You must really have a dislike for Jr.

Nobody ever said he was going to be as good as his Dad.
It's probably a good thing that Kyle will never have to be in his shoes.
The Pressure on Dale Jr to do well is immense .....

But your bets are all the same ....
lets go out on a limb instead of the sure thing your currently doing......

You must really have a dislike for Jr.

Nobody ever said he was going to be as good as his Dad.
It's probably a good thing that Kyle will never have to be in his shoes.
The Pressure on Dale Jr to do well is immense .....
It's not a dislike of him but a dislike of the coverage of him. Kyle Busch is a better driver then Jr. Dale Jr. is just average. Dale Sr was more like Kyle Busch when it came to racing. Dale Jr. doesn't seem to care if he wins all not. He's already got plenty of money. That might be one of the reasons he doesn't win. I only bet with Jr . Fans because Jr. has the most fans. It's a easy bet. And every year I find a sucker to bet with in my own town.

It's not a dislike of him but a dislike of the coverage of him. Kyle Busch is a better driver then Jr. Dale Jr. is just average. Dale Sr was more like Kyle Busch when it came to racing. Dale Jr. doesn't seem to care if he wins all not. He's already got plenty of money. That might be one of the reasons he doesn't win. I only bet with Jr . Fans because Jr. has the most fans. It's a easy bet. And every year I find a sucker to bet with in my own town.

I hope your not putting a 2nd year guy in the same breath as Dale Sr.

Kyle might be better liked and have more fans if he wasn't so arrogant.
Thinking that everyone should bow to him.

Once he gets in a wreck where he's flipping a few times or in the screen like Carl was, then well see how good of a driver he is ...

He didn't seem so GREAT when the pressure of the chase was on last year ...
He had one bad race and came out and basically quit on the fans he does have, basically said that he was done in the interviews and decided it was useless for him to continue.

I hope your not putting a 2nd year guy in the same breath as Dale Sr.

Kyle might be better liked and have more fans if he wasn't so arrogant.
Thinking that everyone should bow to him.

Once he gets in a wreck where he's flipping a few times or in the screen like Carl was, then well see how good of a driver he is ...

He didn't seem so GREAT when the pressure of the chase was on last year ...
He had one bad race and came out and basically quit on the fans he does have, basically said that he was done in the interviews and decided it was useless for him to continue.

Look at his age and compare it to what Jr. was doing at that age. I don't care if he's arrogant. I only care if he wins.

Look at his age and compare it to what Jr. was doing at that age. I don't care if he's arrogant. I only care if he wins.

That argument has no merit.

How many wins did Richard Petty have at the same age?
Dale Earnhardt?
David Pearson?
Tim Richmond?

I'm not comparing Jr. with any of those guys, there is no comparison. But to argue the number of wins at whatever age is pointless.

More contemporary? How about Jeff Gordon? Jimmie Johnson?

Also there's no comparing Kyle with anybody but himself right now.

No doubt the kid is a shoe, He's riding sky high and telling everyone about it. That's fine.

Racing is not a sprint (no pun intended) it's a marathon. We saw how he ran out of steam last season.

I'll give Kyle a couple of years before jumping on the Fan wagon.

For now I'm enjoying and irritated at how he's tearing up the ranks.

One of my favorite drivers hasn't won a race in 6 years! I still get the good stuff!

That argument has no merit.

How many wins did Richard Petty have at the same age?
Dale Earnhardt?
David Pearson?
Tim Richmond?

I'm not comparing Jr. with any of those guys, there is no comparison. But to argue the number of wins at whatever age is pointless.

More contemporary? How about Jeff Gordon? Jimmie Johnson?

Also there's no comparing Kyle with anybody but himself right now.

No doubt the kid is a shoe, He's riding sky high and telling everyone about it. That's fine.

Racing is not a sprint (no pun intended) it's a marathon. We saw how he ran out of steam last season.

I'll give Kyle a couple of years before jumping on the Fan wagon.

For now I'm enjoying and irritated at how he's tearing up the ranks.

One of my favorite drivers hasn't won a race in 6 years! I still get the good stuff!

I'm not even a fan of any of the drivers . That's why I don't have an emotional attachment to them. And many of the Dale Jr. fans were Dale Sr. fans. If Tiger Woods got this kind of attention but never won then I would say the same thing about the coverage they gave him. But Tiger earns his. Now from 2001 to about 2006 Dale Jr. really didn't take his racing as seriously as he should have. Now he seems to be working a little harder at it. . There is also a chance that the best he has is what you've seen. He might just be what I said he is . An average driver . I have no doubt that Kyle is a better driver. And unlike Jr, Kyle wants it more.

I'm not even a fan of any of the drivers . That's why I don't have an emotional attachment to them. And many of the Dale Jr. fans were Dale Sr. fans. If Tiger Woods got this kind of attention but never won then I would say the same thing about the coverage they gave him. But Tiger earns his. Now from 2001 to about 2006 Dale Jr. really didn't take his racing as seriously as he should have. Now he seems to be working a little harder at it. . There is also a chance that the best he has is what you've seen. He might just be what I said he is . An average driver . I have no doubt that Kyle is a better driver. And unlike Jr, Kyle wants it more.

Are you serious? Not a fan of any driver?

Oh that's right you don't cheer for the drivers you watch for the wrecks.

You're here chumming looking to get folks riled up.

If you're not a fan, please let those of us who are continue our conversations without having to avoid the carpet bombing raids.

BTW, what about the questions I asked about wins and driver ages?

Last edited:

If you're not a fan, please let those of us who are continue our conversations without having to avoid the carpet bombing raids.

talos,
It's obvious that he's a Kyle fan and wants to stir things up .....

At least when the other guy comes out and gives us his Kyle's better than stuff ... he's a Kyle fan (# 18 fan).

Wonder how many Kyle fans were fans of his when he struggled for years at Hendricks ?

How many are closet Kurt Busch fans ?

fwiw, I'll take the early Jeff Gordon years over Kyle anytime ...
I dispised Jeff back then, but still respected him ... he won a WHOLE LOT more than Kyle has .... 13 in ONE year I think it was.

Again, well said. +1

I'm a fan of NASCAR and a good race. That's it.

That's the way I have been since Terry Labonte retired.
That's how I became a KB fan. I knew he would take the 5 when Terry left, so I started watching Kyle in the Nationwide (Busch) series.
P.S. Jeffy had 17 Cup wins in his first four years, KB had 13 Cup wins.
Career National Series victories

Cup / Nationwide / Truck

1. Richard Petty 200 0 N/A 200
2. David Pearson 105 1 N/A 106
3. Darrell Waltrip 84 13 0 97
4. Dale Earnhardt 76 21 N/A 97
5. Mark Martin 36 48 7 91
6. Bobby Allison 85 2 N/A 87
7. Jeff Gordon 82 5 N/A 87
8. Cale Yarborough 83 N/A N/A 83
9. Rusty Wallace 55 0 0 55
10. Lee Petty 54 N/A N/A 54
11. Ned Jarrett 50 N/A N/A 50
12. Junior Johnson 50 N/A N/A 50
13. Greg Biffle 14 20 16 50
14. Kyle Busch
15 24 11 50

http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/features/05/07/track.smack.kybusch.kentucky.surprises/index.html

Last edited:
NASCAR has changed and not for the better. The television ratings reflect that.

Ok, I acknowledge that ratings are down. No surprise really.

The sport had enormous gains in ratings and attendance in the first half of this decade. This led to tracks increasing seating capacity and higher ticket prices and more money rolling in than ever before.

How do you sustain that type of growth? you can't.

The NFL went through a similar problem in the early 90's. The league wanted parity. So they tinkered with a winning formula.

Salary caps instituted, playoff formulas changed, more teams added to the playoff field. Sound familiar.

You now had 8-8 teams fighting for playoff spots. No more late season big games because who really wanted to watch an 8-7 team play a 6-9 team for a playoff spot?

A 9-7 team in the SuperBowl? Yawn.

NASCAR: the sanctioning body wanted parity. So, they changed the championship instituting a playoff, A driver/team with no wins can win a championship. They changed the car AGAIN!

Do you remember 1983? If you think the COT is bad for racing, You should have seen what those rule changes did for racing for a couple of years.

Now they have parity. Just like the NFL. The NFL's rating AND attendance dipped for several seasons and then bounced back.

I feel the same will happen for NASCAR in future.

Remember NASCAR is STILL the second highest rated sport in the country.

Isiah blasts Magic Johnson over criticisms in forthcoming book

What is NBC's "Football Night in America" obscuring?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)