NBA 2008-09 Season

Read an article on SI.com about the Cavs' title hopes, and two things stood out:

1. The article called LBJ "the first truly iconic athlete to play in Cleveland since Jim Brown."

Is that a bit of a stretch?

Nope. Not a stretch at all. I agree.

2. The article also said that "it has to happen at some point. Cleveland has to win. Charlie Brown won. Susan Lucci won. Peyton Manning won. The Chicago White Sox won. Philadelphia won."

Very true. Just hope I get to see the happy ending to this very trying story...

After seeing the finish to the Denver/ Thunder game, I think it may be safe to say that OKC is like the Lions- no matter what, they will always find a way to lose.

Excuse me while I interrupt the LBJ lovefest - Pistons won their 6th in a row yesterday, with Stuckey leading the way with 38 pts. (He had 40 pts. about a week ago, this kid may be the second coming of D. Wade!). Let me add that Wallace, McDyess, and Hamilton haven't played the last 3 games. included in this streak (without those three) was the win over this years "darlings" the Orlando Magic. Not gaining on the Cavs, though. Those guys just refuse to lose in their "house". I return you to the LBJ "lovefest".

Excuse me while I interrupt the LBJ lovefest - Pistons won their 6th in a row yesterday, with Stuckey leading the way with 38 pts. (He had 40 pts. about a week ago, this kid may be the second coming of D. Wade!). Let me add that Wallace, McDyess, and Hamilton haven't played the last 3 games. included in this streak (without those three) was the win over this years "darlings" the Orlando Magic. Not gaining on the Cavs, though. Those guys just refuse to lose in their "house". I return you to the LBJ "lovefest".

Not just the LBJ lovefest, but don't forget my Thunder bashing.

The LBJ "lovefest" has gotten obnoxious already.:D Way over the top. You got a ways to go yet.

He has been "anointed" ...haven't you heard?!:rolleyes: He is THE greatest thing since slice bread to ever not win anything.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

Then there is this kid down south, that HAS an NBA ring and is quietly....ssshhhhhhh......having an MVP type season......:cool:

...Oh yeah.....that team that acquired AI, has almost the same record as the Denver Billups.....;) AND is struggling with a 6 game winning streak and starters missing....:rolleyes:

James can't lead Cavs past Wizards, who win 80-77 - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

HD won't like that.

OTOH, great teams do have a stinker every now and then- last year's Celtics lost at home to the godawful Bobcats.

Ouch! Cavs played poorly and didn't deserve to win (despite Washington doing EVERYTHING they could in the 4th quarter to give the game away).

Wash dominated the boards today....we really missed big Z.

Questionable travelling call at the end of the game. While I think it was technically a travel, that call is NOT made 9/10 in the NBA....especially with the game on the line.

Celtics lose to the Knicks, 100-88. Celtics have now lost 4 out of 6, after starting the season 27-2.

What were the Vegas odds on the Celtics losing to the Knicks, and BC going into Chapel Hill and beating the #1 Heels.........all on the same night??? :eek:

Celtics lose to the Knicks, 100-88. Celtics have now lost 4 out of 6, after starting the season 27-2.

What were the Vegas odds on the Celtics losing to the Knicks, and BC going into Chapel Hill and beating the #1 Heels.........all on the same night???
:eek:

And the Cavs losing to the Wiz. A lot of unthinkable upsets in the Basketball world on Sunday.

Ouch! Cavs played poorly and didn't deserve to win (despite Washington doing EVERYTHING they could in the 4th quarter to give the game away).

Wash dominated the boards today....we really missed big Z.

Questionable travelling call at the end of the game. While I think it was technically a travel, that call is NOT made 9/10 in the NBA....especially with the game on the line.

Very questionable. According to NBA rules, you get two steps before calling a traveling violation. I saw LBJ take two steps, no more.

With that said, it shouldn't have come down to that. We were way to lethargic yesterday.

Very questionable. According to NBA rules, you get two steps before calling a traveling violation. I saw LBJ take two steps, no more.

With that said, it shouldn't have come down to that. We were way to lethargic yesterday.

What? when did that happen? One step and the ball has to hit the floor on the second step. Two steps is the "Jordan Rule", that applies only to superstars. In this case LeBron shouldn't have been called. :rolleyes: Mere mortals are limited to one step without a dribble.

What? when did that happen? One step and the ball has to hit the floor on the second step. Two steps is the "Jordan Rule", that applies only to superstars. In this case LeBron shouldn't have been called. :rolleyes: Mere mortals are limited to one step without a dribble.

Traveling= More than 2 steps from running position and more than 1 step from standing position.

According to the Official Rules of the National Basketball Association, Rule No. 10: Violations and Penalties Section XIV-Traveling:

"A player who receives the ball while he is progressing or upon completion of a dribble, may use a two count rhythm in coming to a stop, passing or shooting the ball".

Also same rules state that "A player who receives the ball while standing still may pivot, using either foot as the pivot foot." Which means that you are allowed to make only 1 step from a standing position without lifting second leg, which is called pivot.

Thoughts to Ponder:1,000 Post Edition

HD for ESPN GamePlan?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)