NBA 2011-2012 Season

A few things I noticed... Carmelo Anthony is a great SCORER, but not a great player. When he is on, he is fantastic. When he is off, he does very little of anything else. Wade has had some crappy nights...but yet, he will do some rebounding...have some assists..some steals. Same as Lebron, he can only have 18 points, but he will have almost double digits in rebounds and assists. TO ME, Carmelo really does not do that.

Smith will be BIG for the Knicks. Wait till that guy gets use to the NYK and the system they run. When the Heat play them again in MSG, they will be better.

Q: Was Linn exposed yesterday? He didn't play PG in college. This is new to him. His turnovers are becoming a liability and last night Chalmers exposed him by pressing the hell out of him. The key part to becoming a successful guard is to get the ball down the court and setup your offense. If he can't do that, if his only attribute is to become a scorer, what good is he? Seems seriously overvalued. Like I've been saying before the hype train rolled though, I'll take the more polished Kyrie Irving any day of the week running my squad of ANY PG drafted in last year's class.

I'm not jumping on the Lin bandwagon yet. I remember when the Celtics pulled Kevin Gamble out of the CBA and he scored 30 points a game in about two thirds of his games at the end of the season, so then the other team studied the game films and figured out how to predict what he was doing and take things away from him and he went back to being a journeyman.
_:eek:

In fairness to Lin... he played one of the, if not the best defensive team in the NBA...and after a game the night before. This will serve as a good learning experience for him and I would think if he is the coachable player, and he looks to be...when the Heat play at MSG, he will play better.

One thing that was definitely exposed is that defensively, he cannot handle speed.

In fairness to Lin... he played one of the, if not the best defensive team in the NBA...and after a game the night before. This will serve as a good learning experience for him and I would think if he is the coachable player, and he looks to be...when the Heat play at MSG, he will play better.

One thing that was definitely exposed is that defensively, he cannot handle speed.

i met joel anthony a little while ago. we've done some numerous jobs for big clients but for some reason i choked and couldn't talk to the guy after we shook hands. this guy is HUGE. his hand is two of mine. i felt like a baby next to this guy. i'm 5'11" well 6 ft in shoes and i felt tiny. super nice guy. real quiet. i hung around and wanted to chat about last nights game but i choked :eek:

i met joel anthony a little while ago. we've done some numerous jobs for big clients but for some reason i choked and couldn't talk to the guy after we shook hands. this guy is HUGE. his hand is two of mine. i felt like a baby next to this guy. i'm 5'11" well 6 ft in shoes and i felt tiny. super nice guy. real quiet. i hung around and wanted to chat about last nights game but i choked :eek:

You should have seen my face when I 1st started working for Chicago Sportchannel and started covering the Bulls(during the Jordan days), White So:mad:Bo Jackson days) and the Blackhawks(too many great players to mention...).

My palms were so sweaty that I am sure some of those guys that I went to the bathroom and did not wash my hands... LOL!

You should have seen my face when I 1st started working for Chicago Sportchannel and started covering the Bulls(during the Jordan days), White So:mad:Bo Jackson days) and the Blackhawks(too many great players to mention...).

My palms were so sweaty that I am sure some of those guys that I went to the bathroom and did not wash my hands... LOL!

I was tempted to ask him for a quick picture but after telling him who i was i suddenly got nervous and couldn't say anything else. :haha

Wow K Irving with 18 points at the half.. watta good player he is.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Each Cavaliers rookie led their respective teams in scoring! Kyrie, on team Chuck took home MVP honors and led with 34 points and a 146-133 win over Team Shaq, led by Tristan Thompson's 20 points off the bench.

Yep. The Cavs are in good young hands. Our future is bright!!

As much as I LOVE having Mike Miller and Shane Battier...I feel bad for James Jones. But, the Heat team is all about defense...and James Jones just does not play it. As stated by Reggie Miller during the 3-point shooting competition, ALL of Jones' minutes from last year are going to Battier.

I hope Jones wins the 3-point competition.

I am starting to notice that Charles Barkley everything he says is anti-Miami Heat. And IF he pays them a compliment, there's a "but" added to the supposed compliment.

Mr UCLA K Love wins the 3pt competition..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Frustration has clearly set in for the Celtics. I can't believe how fast this team has aged! They remind me of the Pistons a few years back. One year they're a savvy veteran team who get's deep into the playoffs every year and the next thing you know... BAM... irrelevant.

Each Cavaliers rookie led their respective teams in scoring! Kyrie, on team Chuck took home MVP honors and led with 34 points and a 146-133 win over Team Shaq, led by Tristan Thompson's 20 points off the bench.

Yep. The Cavs are in good young hands. Our future is bright!!

Team A is 15-17 and "irrelevant" and Team B is 13-18 and their "future is bright" LOL

And oh, the Celtics may suck now and even through the next 10 years, but like the Yankees, Canadiens, Lakers and Steelers, they will NEVER be "irrelevant". That's what happens after 17 championships. :cool:

...the Celtics may suck now and even through the next 10 years, but like the Yankees, Canadiens, Lakers and Steelers, they will NEVER be "irrelevant". That's what happens after 17 championships. :cool:

But the Celtics do become unimportant nationally if they are not contending. In the 1990s, there were years in which they were not scheduled for a single nationally televised game at the start of those seasons because, unless they are winning, they are not a national draw. I remember Red Auerbach being interviewed in about 1988 and he was asked about the impact of the death of Len Bias. He said it won't be that noticable right now, but half a dozen years from now, if things aren't going well, it will be the reason because you only draft in the top 2 once in a decade and when you do, the guy you pick is supposed to be the one you build around for that next decade. Even when the Celtics got back to the playoffs with Pierce and Walker, they generated no interest nationally.

When the Celtics Mt Rushmore is chiseled, it should include Red Auerbach for landing Bill Russel and Larry Bird, Bill Fitch, for arranging the Joe Barry Carroll for Parrish and McHale swap, and McHale himself for "giving" the Celtics Kevin Garnett. Without Garnett, the Celtics would have been nearly irrelevant over the past four seasons.

Pat Summitt steps aside as coach

Arkansas to fire Petrino?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts