NBA LEAGUE PASS in HD???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GShirey23

Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
Hey guys i'm a dish network subscriber but am ready to switch to dish to many problems with installation and getting their HD package....

Can you guys tell me if Leage Pass on Direct Tv if the games are in HD for most out of market games? Or is still just NBA TV that comes in HD?

Thanks for the help!

Also, if I buy the HD access pack and the HD extra pack, will that get me all the channels i can get in HD (like Dish's 40 channels of HD package) without buying specific add ons? Thanks!

More than 1/2 of the games seem to have an HD version. (unoffical personal survey) The NBA LP channels at 751 and up all have an HD -1 channel associated with them and that is where the HD will appear. They are also on some of the RSN networks HD channel. Directv also uses some of the channels in the 90's to broadcast HD games.

Don't know the answers to the package questions since I subscribe to everything so I don't know the breakdown. Remember some of the HD's are premium movie channels and some are RSN which require the sports package.

More than 1/2 of the games seem to have an HD version. (unoffical personal survey) The NBA LP channels at 751 and up all have an HD -1 channel associated with them and that is where the HD will appear. They are also on some of the RSN networks HD channel. Directv also uses some of the channels in the 90's to broadcast HD games.

Don't know the answers to the package questions since I subscribe to everything so I don't know the breakdown. Remember some of the HD's are premium movie channels and some are RSN which require the sports package.
Your survey is rather off. I have found that maybe 30% of all the games are in HD, 50% on a good night. NBA LP is a major rip off this year.

I disagree most of the games are in hd on mot nights as long as they are on the rsn's that D* has in hd

I disagree most of the games are in hd on mot nights as long as they are on the rsn's that D* has in hd

Yeah well I've also seen NUMEROUS instances where D* carries both HD RSNs yet they still choose to show the SD version on the LP. Doing that sh*t even one time is once more than it should happen all season, especially for the money I'm throwing down for this "service."

It's getting better. First couple weeks, tons of missing HD games.

Now the consistency is improving. The only bad thing is sometimes a game is broadcast by one station in SD and one station in HD and we get the SD version, probably for some dumb contractual reason. But as I said, it's gotten better every week. Right now I'd say the HD rate is maybe 1 in 3.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HR 21 Guide

Guide Catagories

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)