5 - Ohio St.
6 - West Virginia
7 - Kansas (1)
8 - Oklahoma
9 - Virginia Tech
t10 - Boston College
t10 - Texas

Last edited:
I would agree with those polls. IF the game would have been close...man, would there be some serious scream and yelling about WHO should be #1. By soundly defeating Ohio State, they pretty much sealed who is #1.

I would agree with those polls. IF the game would have been close...man, would there be some serious scream and yelling about WHO should be #1. By soundly defeating Ohio State, they pretty much sealed who is #1.
I agree. Except for the first couple of minutes, LSU dominated the game.

And since USC & Georgia didn't get a chance to play one another (damn Rose Bowl and Big 10 crappy Illinois "tradition"), I think it's fitting that they split the #2 ranking.

I agree. Except for the first couple of minutes, LSU dominated the game.

And since USC & Georgia didn't get a chance to play one another (damn Rose Bowl and Big 10 crappy Illinois "tradition"), I think it's fitting that they split the #2 ranking.

Well, they were both hoping for a split, and they got it. :)

LSU Tigers #1 :up

consensus all-america running back kevin smith, of ucf, announced today he is returning for his senior season. smith currently ranks second for the single-season rushing record held by the great barry sanders. smith can surpass sanders with a stellar liberty bowl performance.

for those of you who haven't watched this guy, he could run circles around darren mcfadden. smith should have received serious heisman consideration but playing in conference-usa, not too many people will see you week in and week out.

great decision 24k and good luck in 2008 (plus the liberty bowl)!
Don't you mean good luck in 2008 in the NFL :D
Kevin Smith Will Enter NFL Draft - Central Florida News 13

LSU was clearly the better team last night. Hopefully this crazy season will lead to some sort of playoff in the coming years. The Big 10 and Pac 10 need to let go of tradition, i.e. greed, for the sake of the sport.

OSU visits USC in the premier nonconference matchup next season. If the Bucks manage to win, they'll be right back in the NC picture again, much to the chagrin of the rest of the CFB world.

LSU was clearly the better team last night. Hopefully this crazy season will lead to some sort of playoff in the coming years. The Big 10 and Pac 10 need to let go of tradition, i.e. greed, for the sake of the sport.

OSU visits USC in the premier nonconference matchup next season. If the Bucks manage to win, they'll be right back in the NC picture again, much to the chagrin of the rest of the CFB world.

Agreed, but I don't see that happening. On the other hand, if Michigan beats tOSU, they will have a good chance at the NC.

My top 5 preseason predictions (based on end of season hype and next year's schedules) are:

USC
Georgia
Florida
Michigan
Ohio State

Anyone else I'm forgetting?

Agreed, but I don't see that happening. On the other hand, if Michigan beats tOSU, they will have a good chance at the NC.

My top 5 preseason predictions (based on end of season hype and next year's schedules) are:

USC
Georgia
Florida
Michigan
Ohio State

Kentucky.........ROFLMAO.

USC
Georgia
Florida
Michigan
Ohio State

I doubt that OSU will be that high, they started 11th this year,
They will probably lose Laurentis, Goldstien , Jenkins and possibly Robiske as well.
They still will not have a top notch QB and the O line is still questionable.
Although the O line was suppose to be a strong point ... wish they could pass block, still have not learned how to do that in 2 years now.

Jimbo

USC
Georgia
Florida
Michigan
Ohio State

Unless Henne and Hart have an extra year of eligibility I don't know about, it's hard to see Michigan being that high, especially with a new coach coming in. Not to mention a coach that invented the zone read, something I don't think Ryan Mallett was recruited for.

Unless Henne and Hart have an extra year of eligibility I don't know about, it's hard to see Michigan being that high, especially with a new coach coming in.
I find it hard to as well. Losing too many players.
Georgia I can see being high, as they arn't losing anyone. USC is pretty young as well.

It's hard to pick a top 5 for next year until we find out what underclassmen are going to announce for the draft. USC and Georgia are definitely at the top. Florida with a returning Heisman trophy winner has to be considered. And with the way Ryan Perriloux played this year, LSU may be up there as well. Regardless of what Ohio State loses to the draft, I think they were young enough this year to win the Big Ten again in '08.

I doubt that OSU will be that high, they started 11th this year,
They will probably lose Laurentis, Goldstien , Jenkins and possibly Robiske as well.
They still will not have a top notch QB and the O line is still questionable.
Although the O line was suppose to be a strong point ... wish they could pass block, still have not learned how to do that in 2 years now.

Jimbo

I think in the end (barring another goofy season like this one) it will be USC and Florida (and possibly Michigan if they get past OSU) with a chance for the NC. Their schedules favor these teams. As for Georgia, they're not what everyone is making them out to be right now - the big name teams they beat late in the season were bruised and battered by LSU and others. They won't get through the SEC unscathed.

USC
Georgia
Florida
Michigan
Ohio State

Not particularly in THAT order, but you might thrown in Oklahoma too....

I find it hard to as well. Losing too many players.
Georgia I can see being high, as they arn't losing anyone. USC is pretty young as well.
USC will be even younger next year. JD Booty is leaving. My guess is Mitch Mustain (remember his battles with Houston Nutt at Arkansas) will be the starter.

As for Georgia, they're not what everyone is making them out to be right now - the big name teams they beat late in the season were bruised and battered by LSU and others. They won't get through the SEC unscathed.
At least UGa beat Kentucky.
Or did LSU soften them up by losing to them. ;)

At least UGa beat Kentucky.
Or did LSU soften them up by losing to them. ;)

I don't know if they were still shaken up from beating LSU when they played Georgia, but Kentucky was so drained after their 3OT victory over the Tigers that they lost to those other bulldogs the following week, and at home! ;)

I'm just raggin' on Georgia because they keep whining. I know they'll be a force to reckon with next year. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts